ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1720 of 3903
« First < 720122016201670171017161717171817191720 172117221723172417301770182022202720 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 06:27 PM 04-29-2020
Monoclonal antibodies are still imo the best bet for severe cases but that may be a bit off time wise.

There was something that can calm the cytokines storm that showed good results . Toclimibad? I failed therapeutics
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:29 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Monoclonal antibodies are still imo the best bet for severe cases but that may be a bit off time wise.

There was something that can calm the cytokines storm that showed good results . Toclimibad? I failed therapeutics
Close. Tocilizumab.

Here's the key: all monoclonal antibodies will end with -mab (Monoclonal AntiBody)

If it is derived from a mouse (murIne) or is a chImera, it will be -imab
If it is derived from a hUman, it will be -umab.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yea.....

The reason why I said it wasn't political because I knew people would do just what you did, see it's from Glen Beck and pre-judge.
I remember when Glen Beck used to try to sell me garbage products on info commercials. Ah, those were the days.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:31 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I remember when Glen Beck used to try to sell me garbage products on info commercials. Ah, those were the days.
Personally I can't stand him. Never really could.
[Reply]
O.city 06:36 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Close. Tocilizumab.

Here's the key: all monoclonal antibodies will end with -mab (Monoclonal AntiBody)

If it is derived from a mouse (murIne) or is a chImera, it will be -imab
If it is derived from a hUman, it will be -umab.
Yeah I probably had to know that at one time or so. Long gone now.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:38 PM 04-29-2020
I just thought it interesting about treating the immune system and how a half of the doctors that call him just want a quick fix.
There are a lot of Doctors out there looking for the quick fix I am sure , those would be doctors I would avoid. I look for doctors with the ability to say “I don’t know “ , “ I made a mistake” very hard to find one willing to say those things and some see it as a weakness but I see it as a mark of intellect.
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 PM 04-29-2020
https://twitter.com/linamichi/status...153378816?s=21

Good news
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:43 PM 04-29-2020
Yea.....

The reason why I said it wasn't political because I knew people would do just what you did, see it's from Glen Beck and pre-judge.
And they'd be right to pre-judge. Then once you watch it, Alex Jones-lite starts 30 seconds in trying to frame the narrative, and continues throughout to try to steer the guy down a certain path.

Like Hamas said, I'm skeptical that he's treated all these people without a single death. If you want to believe him, or those two quacks from earlier this week, or that Zelensky idiot in NY or whatever his name was - feel free. I won't stop you.

To the rest of you, don't worry - that's my last response - I'm not going to continue to argue with him and derail the thread.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:48 PM 04-29-2020

Good news
Good-ish , I didn’t like that part about damaged lung tissue, I assume they just meant the lining .
[Reply]
petegz28 06:49 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
And they'd be right to pre-judge. Then once you watch it, Alex Jones-lite starts 30 seconds in trying to frame the narrative, and continues throughout to try to steer the guy down a certain path.

Like Hamas said, I'm skeptical that he's treated all these people without a single death. If you want to believe him, or those two quacks from earlier this week, or that Zelensky idiot in NY or whatever his name was - feel free. I won't stop you.

To the rest of you, don't worry - that's my last response - I'm not going to continue to argue with him and derail the thread.
Funny you are about the only one going there but whatever...glad you're feeling better
[Reply]
DaFace 06:55 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Good-ish , I didn’t like that part about damaged lung tissue, I assume they just meant the lining .
It's not good for the patient, but it's good that immunity still seems to be long term. My hope is that eventually people who have had it can largely go back to life as normal.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:59 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not good for the patient, but it's good that immunity still seems to be long term. My hope is that eventually people who have had it can largely go back to life as normal.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:00 PM 04-29-2020

Good news
Thanks for sharing!

Key points imo of linked article:

“The respiratory epithelial cell has a half-life of up to three months, and RNA virus in the cell can be detected with PCR testing one to two months after the elimination of the cell,” Oh said.

The committee’s findings confirmed an earlier assessment from the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that repeat patients appear to have little or no contagiousness. The KCDC cited results of virus culture tests that all failed to find live virus in recovered patients."

That was the prevailing thought in the West, especially considering they weren't finding live virus in the samples of people reinfected, but China's best researchers kept throwing gas on the reinfection fire, as well as the "multiple strains" so vaccine unlikely to work fire.

This is great news though, and again we have even more hope today as herd immunity, therapeutics, and a viable vaccine are all in play. Hey Science!!
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:01 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Thanks for having the courage to come and say what some people don't want to hear.
Bahahaha, hey i took the time to watch the video i had to comment. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 08:01 PM 04-29-2020
How were the overall numbers compared to yesterday?
[Reply]
Page 1720 of 3903
« First < 720122016201670171017161717171817191720 172117221723172417301770182022202720 > Last »
Up