ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

OnTheWarpath15 08:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
There are plenty of other Chiefs boards and other social media sites these days. Instead of trying to make this one just like all the others, why not just try them out?
Replace “Chiefs boards” with political sites and take your own advice?
htismaqe 09:01 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Those people should be restricted as DC scum.

There’s also some who don’t contribute at all and don’t run away to their board without letting one contribute (looking at some one who’s username is similar to JacoTohn).
The people that spend 100% of their time in DC aren't the problem. We don't ever see them.

It's the people that bring that stuff into the Lounge that this thread is about.
Rams Fan 09:01 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The people that spend 100% of their time in DC aren't the problem. We don't ever see them.

It's the people that bring that stuff into the Lounge that this thread is about.
There’s DC scum that makes their way here on occasion...
GloryDayz 09:02 PM 10-08-2020
All of this division will lead to the great healing of 'Murica...

As for it happening on a sports board, since the primary employees of "sports" are so politically active and expressive, it's not much of a stretch to see it cascade into the fans.
WhiteWhale 09:04 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Heh, how's that theory working for you today?
Not so well. You could burn that forum to the ground for all I care. Its toxic as hell and a superbowl win got the football people to lighten the fuck up in the lounge.
Bwana 09:05 PM 10-08-2020
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.

True that.
OnTheWarpath15 09:05 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
All of this division will lead to the great healing of 'Murica...

As for it happening on a sports board, since the primary employees of "sports" are so politically active and expressive, it's not much of a stretch to see it cascade into the fans.
Or not.

Of all the sports message boards I’m active on, this is the only one that has a political subforum.

This shit has been enabled for decades.
Coach 09:05 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
I thought the number would be low, and I feel that it wouldn't impact negatively in terms of the traffic the board gets. And I agree with you that it probably would make the board a better place.

Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
Wouldn't surprise me. As I mentioned, I am not privy to those conversations, but if I may ask, what were the pros and cons of said discussion? Us general users who aren't moderators/administrators don't know of the conversations that was discussed/held.

I'm not being snarky or anything like that, just genuine asking. Like for example, when it was mentioned about the Feds getting involved on a incident, I'm sure it caused a lot of anxiety for you guys? I can imagine that doing away DC would alleviate some of potentional problems there?

I'm just trying to throw out solutions.
GloryDayz 09:08 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Or not.

Of all the sports message boards I’m active on, this is the only one that has a political subforum.

This shit has been enabled for decades.
Well if this bothers you, go back to one of the other boards and discuss the shape of sports employee's cleats.
St. Patty's Fire 09:09 PM 10-08-2020
Admittedly I have been coming here less and less because all this political shit seeps into the football threads and if I want to be pissed off I can just post on reddit

I come here to talk Chiefs not see people say crazy shit
St. Patty's Fire 09:10 PM 10-08-2020
Well if this bothers you, go back to one of the other boards and discuss the shape of sports employee's cleats.
You’re so fucking stupid lmao
OnTheWarpath15 09:10 PM 10-08-2020
You and Pat’s attitude are the problem.

This is a football message board, and you expect the people that actually talk football to walk away so the fringe 40 members out of 10k can argue in their echo chambers.
Coach 09:10 PM 10-08-2020
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.
Yeah, CP was created before my time (my account creation), so I do not know the history on the KC Star board. On one hand, that's good about the politics that did lead to the creation of CP in the first place.

But there's also comes a time where it ran its course and it probably needs to be on the wayside?

On the other hand, on past Presidential elections (prior to 2016), was it bad as its alleged to be right now? I don't know as I don't venture over to DC anyways.
htismaqe 09:11 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, CP was created before my time (my account creation), so I do not know the history on the KC Star board. On one hand, that's good about the politics that did lead to the creation of CP in the first place.

But there's also comes a time where it ran its course and it probably needs to be on the wayside?

On the other hand, on past Presidential elections (prior to 2016), was it bad as its alleged to be right now? I don't know as I don't venture over to DC anyways.
2000 was pretty bad. The last 10 years or so, though, make 2000 look friendly by comparison.
Bwana 09:12 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I thought the number would be low, and I feel that it wouldn't impact negatively in terms of the traffic the board gets. And I agree with you that it probably would make the board a better place.

Wouldn't surprise me. As I mentioned, I am not privy to those conversations, but if I may ask, what were the pros and cons of said discussion? Us general users who aren't moderators/administrators don't know of the conversations that was discussed/held.

I'm not being snarky or anything like that, just genuine asking. Like for example, when it was mentioned about the Feds getting involved on a incident, I'm sure it caused a lot of anxiety for you guys? I can imagine that doing away DC would alleviate some of potentional problems there?

I'm just trying to throw out solutions.

To be honest, there has never been a deep long discussion about it, but I have seen it brought up a few times. Perhaps there needs to be?
Page 39 of 57
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up