ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1473 of 3903
« First < 47397313731423146314691470147114721473 147414751476147714831523157319732473 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:31 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Something I don't really understand.. Our mayor here in St Joe has said "the surge is coming". Why exactly is the surge coming? We've had 26 confirmed cases and we've been locked down for roughly a month. Yes there are still a lot of people out and about, as there have been throughout the entire "stay at home" order. There's been no significant increase.

Why is the surge still coming?
I'm expecting KCMO to report over 750 cases a week from today.

Because math.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:32 AM 04-17-2020
Back to DC with you.
There's one. One more for the push.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:32 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
There's a happy median...

It was important to treat the virus differently at first for a few reasons. We weren't sure who it effected, how it was best treated and what the true case fatality rate/Infection fatality rate was going to be as this ran its course. We thought it may be as high as 4%. That was scary and should have been. However, since then we know who it effects, we know better how to treat it and we are getting better at that every day, and the projected case fatality rate is falling drastically by the earlier posted models. When this started, if you were younger and healthy, it wasn't sure what the risk were, but it was projected that 4 out of every 100 infected would die. The new models suggest that if you are younger and healthy your risk will be 1 out of every 1500, actually less than the annual flu. The next few weeks will tell if those models are correct, if they are, along with advancements on testing and treatment, hopefully we will be open sooner rather than later.
I was trying to make the point that comparing something let's say cancer doesn't help minimalize it like some are trying to do.

As for the overall flu comparison there is more than just CFR to worry about , hospitalization rates, vaccine, long term health concerns. Surviving a 2 weeks long stay in hospital , vents, meds, other risks is still not enjoyable.
[Reply]
Pants 10:33 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Still? I never was.
Oh. Sorry.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:34 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Glad to hear he agrees that losing his ability to make a living is acceptable collateral damage.
Nobody is glad but in their minds like my wife's they find it appropriate given what they know about the disease. Meaning my wife is still more concerned about the health of her patients, family and friends right now than the hundreds of thousands we have lost.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:34 AM 04-17-2020
There's one. One more for the push.
I thought of you when I made the original post, my gambling guru friend. :-)
[Reply]
Three7s 10:37 AM 04-17-2020
Damn dude, hopefully whatever it was is gone and it's run its course. :-)
Yeah, you and I both!

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Sounds like a sinuses I had a few weeks ago, took Sudafed and it took care of itself, be careful and if you can't smell or taste, get help...
Yeah, I've been trying to think of every single possibility of what this could be in order to rule out COVID19. It's definitely possible that it's not, but if this is the end of it, then it's impossible to really know. I was so mad I didn't have any sinus meds on me. I was dying for some!

Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Can ask what state or City you live in?

And Gods speed brother.
I live in Independece, MO, which is in the county that has the second most COVID19 infections in the state behind St Louis. Much thanks!
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:38 AM 04-17-2020
I thought of you when I made the original post, my gambling guru friend. :-)
I knew when I saw that guy make an appearance he wouldn't last long.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Yeah, you and I both!

Yeah, I've been trying to think of every single possibility of what this could be in order to rule out COVID19. It's definitely possible that it's not, but if this is the end of it, then it's impossible to really know. I was so mad I didn't have any sinus meds on me. I was dying for some!

I live in Independece, MO, which is in the county that has the second most COVID19 infections in the state behind St Louis. Much thanks!
I also live in Independence.....so I feel your pain son.
[Reply]
Ghost of Maslowski 10:40 AM 04-17-2020

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:40 AM 04-17-2020
Well I just ran one off so.......

With that said, how are you feeling?
Thanks for asking, man. It's been a weird week. My body overall is basically back to 100%

My lungs however, have remained pretty fucked until today. Was still getting really winded and short of breath doing basic tasks like showering, walking to mailbox, etc. It was a struggle to even hold a conversation for more than a minute or two. Felt like my lungs were already like 80% full and couldn't take anymore air.

Doc started me on some breathing exercises, a new steroid pack and albuterol inhaler mid-week and today's been a huge difference. My lungs still feel "full" but not like before. Able to do more without getting as winded, so that's good.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 04-17-2020
so looks like NY is 636 today and still at 606 for yesterday. So they appear to be back to once a day updates for new deaths.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:43 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The socioeconomic excuse for eating a poor diet and not taking care of yourself is almost as much of a crutch as the "genetics" excuse.
Wait - so you don't believe in genetics?
[Reply]
Bwana 10:45 AM 04-17-2020
I knew when I saw that guy make an appearance he wouldn't last long.
Yeah, what you said. We don't have many rules around here, but keeping politics out of this thread and or being housebroken are two of them.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:47 AM 04-17-2020
347 people under 45 dead in one city in six weeks.
[Reply]
Page 1473 of 3903
« First < 47397313731423146314691470147114721473 147414751476147714831523157319732473 > Last »
Up