ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:51 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
More than anything I'd just love to see a do-over of VII through IX; even more so than a do over of I through III. Kind of like what Cameron did by basically ignoring all the Terminator movies after the second one.

Maybe if this next one bombs as badly as they're saying it could happen. I'm sure that's just wishful thinking, though.
I think the plan after IX is to focus on the upcoming TV series. They have a built-in audience for the Rogue One prequel and it's really freaking cool that Alan Tudyk and Diego Luna will return. As much as I LOVE The Mandalorian, there is so much territory to mine with the R1 prequel series.

There's going to be a massive audience for the Obi Wan series. And if (and this is just an IF at this point, although rumors persist) the 4th series is set during the time of Solo: A Star Wars story, with many of the actors from that movie returning to the series, it'll give Lucasfilm and whoever's in charge an opportunity to divert from the disaster of the Skywalker sage and rebuild trust with the fan base.

Unfortunately, the cat's out of the bag with 7-9 and it's difficult to see them just outright disregarding the sequels, at least in our lifetime.

FYI, the time to subscribe to Disney Plus for you is November 28th, as the final episode of The Mandalorian airs on December 27th. There's a lot of great content, including brand new 4K versions of I-XI, Solo and R1.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:52 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
How do you feel as a Star Wars fan about furthering the saga after this? I know money makes the wheel move forward but do you think it’s even worth it? Possible to make something fresh out of it?
TV is the way.

Game of Thrones, say what you will about the ending, showed that a franchise does not need to be reliant on movies to be insanely successful.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm legit curious as to how Kathleen Kennedy still has a job, tbh.
Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards kept a job for 3 years.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
No shit. She basically took the golden egg laying goose and fucked it to death with a plunger handle.
Just a regular wood one. She couldn't even spring for a crystal plunger handle.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:50 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think the plan after IX is to focus on the upcoming TV series. They have a built-in audience for the Rogue One prequel and it's really freaking cool that Alan Tudyk and Diego Luna will return. As much as I LOVE The Mandalorian, there is so much territory to mine with the R1 prequel series.

There's going to be a massive audience for the Obi Wan series. And if (and this is just an IF at this point, although rumors persist) the 4th series is set during the time of Solo: A Star Wars story, with many of the actors from that movie returning to the series, it'll give Lucasfilm and whoever's in charge an opportunity to divert from the disaster of the Skywalker sage and rebuild trust with the fan base.

Unfortunately, the cat's out of the bag with 7-9 and it's difficult to see them just outright disregarding the sequels, at least in our lifetime.

FYI, the time to subscribe to Disney Plus for you is November 28th, as the final episode of The Mandalorian airs on December 27th. There's a lot of great content, including brand new 4K versions of I-XI, Solo and R1.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I've so far successfully fought the urge. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:21 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
TV is the way.

Game of Thrones, say what you will about the ending, showed that a franchise does not need to be reliant on movies to be insanely successful.
Broadcast TV still sucks but the HBO/Streaming TV shows are thriving. The best era of TV ever. Tarantino allowed to tell his stories over 8 hours instead of under 3? Expand the background of the Star Wars stories? Star Trek? Do some science fiction stuff, maybe from books that wasn’t possible before due to the cost of effects and needs more time than a movie to tell the story correctly.

I still love going to the movies and the big screens and sound. I like watching TV at home on my 70inch TV but the young people are happy watching on their laptops and their 20inch computer monitor. How content is delivered is changing. TV can step into that new lane easily.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:49 AM 11-21-2019

They've screwed up this last trilogy so bad that the next movie should end with Bobby Ewing stepping out of the shower.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:42 AM 11-21-2019
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...sident-a171739

Originally Posted by :
There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels," says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy when asked about the difficulties that come with making a Star Wars movie. - Kathleen Kennedy
:-)

Nope... definitely no comics:

https://www.marvel.com/comics/events/327/star_wars

While there were definitely no 800 page novels... they did have 600 page novels before the edict that the EU was no longer relevant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_books
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:44 AM 11-21-2019
Didn't watch TLJ after I saw some summaries and won't watch this shit. Outside the name Star Wars these POS's have nothing in common with the others so no need to watch.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:59 AM 11-21-2019
i can't wait!

i have read no leaks!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i can't wait!

i have read no leaks!
I really want/hope I love it.

Still don't mind TLJ.

Still do not like TFA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:27 PM 11-21-2019
Mahomes is a Star Wars geek

THROWI-WAN MAHOMIE YA'LL pic.twitter.com/YhPPQ8RFdk

— 69 Sent (@ClayWendler) November 21, 2019

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 11-25-2019
Just in case anyone is interested, Colin Trevorrow confirms that the return of The Emperor was JJ's idea when he was hired to write and direct Episode IX and not something that according to KK at the April 2019 Star Wars Celebration, "was planned all along" (which is something that I mentioned earlier in this thread).

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ker-last-jedi/

Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered".

Also, JJ Abrams was on Good Morning America this morning and revealed that the film was completed on Sunday.

Sunday being November 24, 2019, which again, I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm not sure at what level of "completion" they're claiming but if I hear anything further, I'll be sure to post.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:03 PM 11-25-2019
Just in case anyone is interested, Colin Trevorrow confirms that the return of The Emperor was JJ's idea when he was hired to write and direct Episode IX and not something that according to KK at the April 2019 Star Wars Celebration, "was planned all along" (which is something that I mentioned earlier in this thread).

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ker-last-jedi/

Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered".

Also, JJ Abrams was on Good Morning America this morning and revealed that the film was completed on Sunday.

Sunday being November 24, 2019, which again, I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm not sure at what level of "completion" they're claiming but if I hear anything further, I'll be sure to post.
Did the studio post leaks earlier to see the hardcore fans reaction?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:34 PM 11-25-2019
I don't think I'm going to be able to drag myself to the theater for this -- and I saw the original in the theater in May 1977.

Disney has extinguished the flame in me.
[Reply]
Fish 03:21 PM 11-25-2019
Idiots...

Originally Posted by :
Director J.J. Abrams said that despite all the intensive security measures for the film, a real script went online, but Disney and Lucasfilm bought it back before it was sold and any real damage was done. Oops.

“One of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their place,”Abrams told “Good Morning America” on Monday. “They got it back before it was sold.”

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-th...der-their-bed/

[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up