ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:48 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's getting trashed on Rotten Tomatoes, but after TLJ, I could give a shit about what "critics" say.
I care more about the fact that the actual plot leaks coming out sound like pure garbage.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:47 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm sure Gareth would have loved to direct it, too. It's really too bad that he and Lucasfilm couldn't come to an agreement over the Rogue One prequel series but Tony Gilroy, who wrote and directed 40% of the film, including the 3rd Act, will kick ass as the screenwriter and director.

BTW, the Rogue One prequel series begins shooting next summer.

One more thing about IX: I was told in the last hour or so that this movie wasn't locked until Saturday, as in December 14th. This past Saturday.

I knew they had filmed multiple endings so I had no idea which ending they'd go with but apparently, the cast and crew hadn't seen the film at any stage, other than when they were shooting, so they all saw it for the first time on Monday night.
Holy balls. That’s not normal is it? That’s cutting it pretty close.

Re: Rogue One Series. Where are they going with that? Didn’t that story kind of, you know, end? I mean if it’s a good story I’ll watch whatever, I’m just curious how it will go.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:19 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Re: Rogue One Series. Where are they going with that? Didn’t that story kind of, you know, end? I mean if it’s a good story I’ll watch whatever, I’m just curious how it will go.
On the Rogue One series I believe it's supposed to be a prequel.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:33 AM 12-19-2019
I'm sure Gareth would have loved to direct it, too. It's really too bad that he and Lucasfilm couldn't come to an agreement over the Rogue One prequel series but Tony Gilroy, who wrote and directed 40% of the film, including the 3rd Act, will kick ass as the screenwriter and director.

BTW, the Rogue One prequel series begins shooting next summer.

One more thing about IX: I was told in the last hour or so that this movie wasn't locked until Saturday, as in December 14th. This past Saturday.

I knew they had filmed multiple endings so I had no idea which ending they'd go with but apparently, the cast and crew hadn't seen the film at any stage, other than when they were shooting, so they all saw it for the first time on Monday night.
Jesus fucking Christ. That explains a lot actually. I knew there was some strife but to not have it done until a week before premiere....
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:56 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
On the Rogue One series I believe it's supposed to be a prequel.
So what Jyns dad was doing? Jyn growing up? Forrest Whittacres character?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:10 AM 12-19-2019
The wife and I were watching TV last night when a commercial for the new movie came on. She asked if we were going to see it this weekend and was very surprised when my response was "Fuck no."
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:25 AM 12-19-2019
Rian Johnson is still being a smarmy fuck whining about pandering to the fans.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rogue One was ****ing awesome. The critics that are saying there was too much fan service can get ****ed.
Rogue One was great but the only problem I had with it was just how DARK it was. And maybe I'm not giving enough credit to how Dark ANH and ROTJ were, but man - I just can't see a 9 year old watching that movie and not being bummed as hell throughout.

I think Frazod is right - Solo struck the right balance. I can't make an impassioned argument as to why, it was just the feel I got from it.

Rogue One is probably the 'best' of the new Star Wars movies, but I think Solo was the 'most' Star Wars of the new Star Wars movies, if that makes any sense.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:29 AM 12-19-2019
So what Jyns dad was doing? Jyn growing up? Forrest Whittacres character?
https://www.looper.com/165914/rogue-...cast-and-plot/

Looks like it's mainly following Cassian & K-2SO. Apparantly it's been confirmed that Jyn won't be in it, which probably means her father won't be in it either. Given that we haven't heard anything (that I'm aware of) about Forrest Whitaker being involved I'd say at best Saw might have a few cameo's but there was no connection with Saw & Cassian prior to RO(that's why they needed Jyn) so I'd imagine we won't see him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:59 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
https://www.looper.com/165914/rogue-...cast-and-plot/

Looks like it's mainly following Cassian & K-2SO. Apparantly it's been confirmed that Jyn won't be in it, which probably means her father won't be in it either. Given that we haven't heard anything (that I'm aware of) about Forrest Whitaker being involved I'd say at best Saw might have a few cameo's but there was no connection with Saw & Cassian prior to RO(that's why they needed Jyn) so I'd imagine we won't see him.
Cool. Thanks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:44 PM 12-19-2019
No. It's completely and utterly abnormal and unprecedented for a blockbuster film.

Personally, I blame Bob Iger for any shortcomings from Episode IX because he refused to change the release date from December 2019 to May 2020, which IMO, would have made perfect sense since the original film was released May 25th, 1977.

It put a massive amount of pressure on Lucasfilm, Chris Terrio and Abrams to write the story, which led to much of it being re-written on set and a massive amount of reshoots, all in far less time that was allocated for TFA and TLJ.

The extra 6 months may have bummed out some of the fans but I absolutely guarantee that no matter how well the movie is received by the fans, it would have been better with more time.

How much better? We'll never know.

The Rogue One prequel series has been in the works for at least 16 months. Gareth Edwards was in talks for quite a while to become the Executive Producer, Show Runner and writer and was super excited about it. I guess they couldn't come to a final agreement (the last time I saw him it had just happened, so I didn't want to intrude) because Lucasfilm moved on from him and turned to Tony Gilroy, who wrote and directed all of the reshoots, including the awesome 3rd act (Gareth supervised and directed all of the VFX scenes, including the final battle).

The Prequel series will star Diego Luna as Cassian Andor and Alan Tudyk as K2SO. The show begins filming next summer for an early 2021 release on Disney+. It'll be about Cassian's life as a Rebel spy, so we'll see characters like Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, along with others, including Imperials. From what I hear, it'll be eight episodes but I haven't heard anything about run time.

Gilroy hasn't even begun writing the series yet so there are no true plot details or leaks at this point and considering how Lucasfilm kept The Mandalorian's biggest secret under wraps, we may not know anything until its debut.

I'm hoping to see Vader, at least in the final episode. It wouldn't be right without an appearance, IMO.
[Reply]
SFfan79 12:51 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
I saw the last jedi in theaters and thought it sucked major ass. I will not be seeing the episode 9 in theaters. Disney and KK can go fuck themselves for ruining star wars.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:54 PM 12-19-2019
Poor JJ had so many masters to serve it's a wonder this isn't a complete and utter disaster.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rogue One was great but the only problem I had with it was just how DARK it was. And maybe I'm not giving enough credit to how Dark ANH and ROTJ were, but man - I just can't see a 9 year old watching that movie and not being bummed as hell throughout.
The film was quite different originally, with most of the team, including Cassian, K2 and Jyn, all surviving at the end of the film. It was far more "upbeat" and happy, with a different tone overall but once it was screened for Bob Iger, it was apparent that the film "Didn't work".

This was after the original script, written by Gary Whitta and based on a story by ILM's John Knoll, was re-written by Chris Weitz. Gareth had input on the re-writes as well but everyone, including Gareth and KK, came to the conclusion that it was just too "unrealistic", especially considering none of the characters were ever mentioned in the OT, TFA, Rebels, etc.

Iger told them to "make it dark and make it right", so KK hired Tony Gilroy, an Oscar nominated writer and director, to rewrite the 2nd and 3rd act. Gilroy had zero affliation with Lucasfilm and unlike Gareth, wasn't a Star Wars fan, so he had no problem with killing them all, which is exactly what the film needed to succeed.

I thought it was brilliant from top to bottom, from casting to directing to story to cinematography (Jedha was extremely interesting to me, that there would be a city and planet "dedicated" to the Jedi. I thought that was an extremely interesting concept that the Jedi would have "worshipers"). But what really blew me away was the realism: We'd only heard about the bad deeds of the Empire but to actually see them, behind the scenes, was incredible to me. And the ends that the rebellion would go to in order to defeat the Empire was something that heretofore, I'd never considered.

It added much needed "weight" to the Star Wars universe that IMO, was lacking from the prequels and TFA.

Unfortunately, most of Ben Mendelsohn's performace was left on the cutting room floor. I spoke with him at a Chanakuh Party in 2017 and he was really bummed out about it and was really hoping it would have been his "big break" into American cinema (he's Australian, FWIW). Fortunately for him, he's had quite a bit of success and work since with Ready Player One and Captain Marvel.

All of these changes also explain why all of the trailers were so very different from the final film, as they were shooting as late as October of 2016 and editing up until just a few weeks before the release (Where have we heard that one before?).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:57 PM 12-19-2019

All of these changes also explain why all of the trailers were so very different from the final film, as they were shooting as late as October of 2016 and editing up until just a few weeks before the release (Where have we heard that one before?).
I'm still bummed that I didn't watch Rogue One in theaters because I was so turned off by the trailers.

Now my favorite Star Wars movie.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 41011121314 151617 >
Up