ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Deadwood
keg in kc 06:33 PM 07-25-2018
Movie's finally filming this fall. No, seriously. They're actually doing it after talking about it for two years.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/again...happening.html
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:14 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Deadwood is a show I wish I could watch for the first time.

One thing to enrich your experience is to bone up on the actual history of the town.

The show is definitely stylized and a lot of the detail is created for narrative purposes. But still, an amazing amount of the detail hews remarkably close to history. A lot of what you watch, you say 'wow, can you imagine if that really happened.' And then you see that, in broad strokes, a lot of it actually did.

And it really delivers some strong and salient messages about what it means to live in a society. We quibble to this day about things like rules, regulations, taxes, decency, community, diversity, etc. And these people were bringing it to life on the fly with absolutely [or nearly] no rules to constrain them. You really get a sense of what compacts must be present to exist and thrive, and what are superfluous or luxurious.
For sure. I do plan on finishing the series as i was enjoying it.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:55 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Deadwood is a show I wish I could watch for the first time.

One thing to enrich your experience is to bone up on the actual history of the town.

The show is definitely stylized and a lot of the detail is created for narrative purposes. But still, an amazing amount of the detail hews remarkably close to history. A lot of what you watch, you say 'wow, can you imagine if that really happened.' And then you see that, in broad strokes, a lot of it actually did.

And it really delivers some strong and salient messages about what it means to live in a society. We quibble to this day about things like rules, regulations, taxes, decency, community, diversity, etc. And these people were bringing it to life on the fly with absolutely [or nearly] no rules to constrain them. You really get a sense of what compacts must be present to exist and thrive, and what are superfluous or luxurious.
One of my favorite parts of the show was the (albeit brief) friendship that formed between Bullock and Hickok. Unfortunately, that part was pure Hollywood. IIRC Hickok was killed the day Bullock and Starr arrived - it is unlikely that they ever even saw each other, let alone spoke.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:12 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's always a battle with my wife. The only time i have for T.V is when i go to bed, and when i try to put on something like Deadwood i usually get something like, "But can't we watch something we BOTH want to watch?"....
Get the 4k video camera out and turn all the lights on.:-):-):-)

My SO liked Deadwood but not in bed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:43 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
that series was definitely left hanging. No attempt to even close out anything. I guess the show runners and cast didn’t know they were being shut down. Glad to see what happened next.
Hated how it suddenly died on the vine like that, it was just getting warmed up

To me, it was right up there with HBOs best like GoT or Sopranos
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:45 PM 07-26-2018
Are they picking up right where they left off? The actors are a lot older.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:13 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's always a battle with my wife. The only time i have for T.V is when i go to bed, and when i try to put on something like Deadwood i usually get something like, "But can't we watch something we BOTH want to watch?"....
That's wife speak for "Put it on something you think is terrible so I may be entertained."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
How? The show is just so damned good I couldn't stop watching.
The show kept up the quality.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:35 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The show kept up the quality.
I have been watching The Outpost, (jessica Green) a World of Thrones rip off that has such a low budget that I found one of the props in a picture of my kitchen 10+ years ago.

Deadwood was a great production, can't wait for movie and maybe the series return.

[Reply]
notorious 07:56 AM 07-28-2018
“Every f*ckin’ beatin’, I’m grateful for. Every f*ckin’ one of them. Get all the trust beat out of you. And you know what the f*ckin’ world is.”

“Pain or damage don’t end the world. Or despair or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man… and give some back.”

– Al Swearengen
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:18 PM 07-28-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
“Every f*ckin’ beatin’, I’m grateful for. Every f*ckin’ one of them. Get all the trust beat out of you. And you know what the f*ckin’ world is.”

“Pain or damage don’t end the world. Or despair or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man… and give some back.”

– Al Swearengen

This convinces me that it is time to pull out the box set and revisit this series again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 PM 11-05-2018
Here’s the most up-to-date information about the long-awaited Deadwood film, based on the Golden Globe and Emmy-winning series .

What’s it about?
The movie comes nearly 13 years after the drama concluded in 2006 and follows the 10-year reunion of the camp to celebrate South Dakota's statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.

When will it premiere?
The film is set to premiere in 2019 on HBO, HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand.

Who’s in it?
Returning to Deadwood are Ian McShane (Ray Donovan, American Gods) as the foul-mouthed saloon owner Al Swearengen; Timothy Olyphant (Justified, Santa Clara Diet) as Deadwood sheriff Seth Bullock; Molly Parker (House of Cards) as the widowed Alma Ellsworth; Paula Malcomson at Trixie; John Hawkes as Sol Starr; Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) as Mrs. Bullock; Dayton Callie as Charlie Utter; Brad Dourif as Doc Cochran; and Robin Weigert (Big Little Lies) as Calamity Jane Canary; William Sanderson as E.B. Farnum; Kim Dickens as Joanie Stubbs; and Gerald McRaney as George Hearst.

The film will also feature new cast member Jade Pettyjohn as Caroline.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:39 PM 11-05-2018
My body’s is ready for this, I loved the series
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 PM 11-05-2018
I could do without a Calamity Jane reprisal. She was annoying as hell.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:52 PM 12-20-2018
Couple of pics you fucking hoople heads...

[Reply]
Bowser 10:32 PM 12-21-2018
Nice.

"The next cocksucker that doesn't step out on to the balcony to cut the cheese is going to get thrown OFF the balcony!" Still one of the best lines from this show. Maybe any show, lol.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up