ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 301
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:23 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Who woulda thunk in 1996 that a baseball stadium would have been a better idea than a corporate HQ for the ~50 acres of land south of 435 between Metcalf and Nall?

That would have been a great location.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:51 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Um, you sorta forgot the main issue which is who pays for it.

Jackson County isn’t paying for a new 500M ballpark when a perfectly suitable one is already in place. The whole idea is stupid.
Yeah. That area isn't dangerous at all just a random incident from someone in the east side acting a fool. The good thing about a stadium at 18th and Troost would be the gentrification. With alot of government housing those properties would get bought up and redeveloped sending those people into Independence, Raytown, and hopefully the older parts of Lee's Summit. It is what NYC did and crime went down.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:54 PM 09-02-2019
Um, you sorta forgot the main issue which is who pays for it.

Jackson County isn’t paying for a new 500M ballpark when a perfectly suitable one is already in place. The whole idea is stupid.
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Funny watching this downtown park conversation. I love KC, but it lags a bit behind some trends. Borderline Gen X / Millennial have been migrating to the suburbs more and more in most cities that went into re-development mode many years before P&L became a reality...and despite the many tax dollars in other cities spent to gentrify those areas. People finally decided they wanted suburban schools for their kids and they want their backyard pools and their plot of land. The whole revitalization movement did some good things and I truly appreciate many of the projects and efforts...but as for making it the "hub of culture"? It was a cute experiment...but talk to me in 20 years when the bounce back effect has done its thing. STUPID advanced planning to go downtown ballpark...it was a 1990's / early 2000's thing...and we missed it. Move along and either build the next one in Kansas or figure out a way to develop the area around TSC (let the K become a forever ballpark like Fenway or Dodgers Stadium). I could care less which way it goes, but downtown is a loser proposition and bad long-term thinking.
There is no way in hell the Jackson County residents and elected officials should allow the Royals to leave that is way too much lost revenue. That is why I think this thing passes no matter what because the threat of moving it to Kansas will drum up enough votes in favor for it.

It would cost more to develop that area of KC then it would to build a downtown ball park.

Btw grant it I was like 16 when the whole downtown development debate took place but I was against it. However the city is so deep into it we have no choice but to go all in. I would have develope the area between the plaza/Westport connecting it to make it KCs main entertainment hub and addressed crime, infrastructure and pumping money into UMKC to make it a more attractive school for out of town people. You look at every big city they have a good university. We dont.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:02 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I live within a days drive and I come to fiddle **** around downtown quite often
See this is what I'm trying to say and also notice Discuss never addressed the density comment either. I live 5 miles away on the plaza. I would attend many more games because I could hop on the street car, get a ticket for cheap and party after. There are way more people who live within 5 miles and could easily commute to a game compared to where the stadium is currently at and the surrounding business would no doubt profit.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:23 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
See this is what I'm trying to say and also notice Discuss never addressed the density comment either. I live 5 miles away on the plaza. I would attend many more games because I could hop on the street car, get a ticket for cheap and party after. There are way more people who live within 5 miles and could easily commute to a game compared to where the stadium is currently at and the surrounding business would no doubt profit.

Something tells me you probably wouldn't spring for the ~$15 round trip uber ride from the Plaza to DT on a frequent basis and I'm gonna go further on that limb to say you're going to be in a comfortable majority of people who will also make that decision.

Here's the best comparison to KC that I can be assed to look into. If Milwaukee can't see a clear positive fiscal impact on a downtown stadium then there's no fucking way KC can see one.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:35 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Something tells me you probably wouldn't spring for the ~$15 round trip uber ride from the Plaza to DT on a frequent basis and I'm gonna go further on that limb to say you're going to be in a comfortable majority of people who will also make that decision.

Here's the best comparison to KC that I can be assed to look into. If Milwaukee can't see a clear positive fiscal impact on a downtown stadium then there's no ****ing way KC can see one.
The 1 time I ubered to a Chiefs game was before the agreement with Z Trip and it was 40 each way with surge pricing. Not sure if the Royals have the same agreement. Either way I can use that money to drink and have less of a commute.

Anyone who thinks Sherman will invest a billion dollars and not shop around for the best deal to increase revenue is an idiot. If you dont think Kansas will offer some sort of sweet deal you are naive. The ball will be in KC/Jackson Counties court. With the majority of the population of Jackson Co living in KC, Sherman,
Populous, and Cornish making money off this and pouring money into a new stadium campaign theres not a chance it fails unless the economy has tanked like 2008.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:43 PM 09-02-2019
The 1 time I ubered to a Chiefs game was before the agreement with Z Trip and it was 40 each way with surge pricing. Not sure if the Royals have the same agreement. Either way I can use that money to drink and have less of a commute.

Anyone who thinks Sherman will invest a billion dollars and not shop around for the best deal to increase revenue is an idiot. If you dont think Kansas will offer some sort of sweet deal you are naive. The ball will be in KC/Jackson Counties court. With the majority of the population of Jackson Co living in KC, Sherman,
Populous, and Cornish making money off this and pouring money into a new stadium campaign theres not a chance it fails unless the economy has tanked like 2008.
First paragraph: A Chiefs game isn't a Royals' game.

Second paragraph: if that's the case then you kiss the Kansas City Royals' collective ass goodbye. As Prison Bitch pointed out Sherman's ownership group is going to be hamstrung by interest payments to put the requisite amount of money into a new ballpark regardless of locale so if he's more interested in the bottom line than he is in any sort of community loyalty then it's not a certainty that Kansas City will continue to have an MLB team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:53 PM 09-02-2019

You have no idea what you’re babbling about. Kansas can’t afford a new ballpark. In 2002 or so they discussed financing for building a new Arrowhead out at the Legends and the $$$ required was a nonstarter. Kansas will never get a pro team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:11 PM 09-02-2019
You have no idea what you’re babbling about. Kansas can’t afford a new ballpark. In 2002 or so they discussed financing for building a new Arrowhead out at the Legends and the $$$ required was a nonstarter. Kansas will never get a pro team.
:-) and yet they built the legends, the speedway, the baseball stadium and talked about bidding for Amazon HQ2 and KCI.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:12 PM 09-02-2019
Prison Bitch just doesn't want to have to travel further from Lee's Summit and downtown KC scares him because it has black people and even Mexicans.
[Reply]
eDave 11:19 PM 09-02-2019
Prison Bitch just doesn't want to have to travel further from Lee's Summit and downtown KC scares him because it has black people and even Mexicans.
Diamondbacks are likely moving out of downtown Phoenix.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:23 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Diamondbacks are likely moving out of downtown Phoenix.
So a team with a 21 year old stadium is looking into a new one but we should stay in the one that's nearly 50 is fine?

Doesnt sound like downtown is the issue
""We'd love them to be in Chase Field, but we really want them to stay in Maricopa County because that's what the taxpayers bargained for," Barney said. "We don't have the ability to put more money in the stadium nor will we build them a new stadium. If they can find something that will take them the next 20, 30, 40 years in Maricopa County outside of Chase Field, great. As long as they're here — that's our goal."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:26 PM 09-02-2019
You start threads about KCMO crime constantly, you dipshit
[Reply]
eDave 11:27 PM 09-02-2019
So a team with a 21 year old stadium is looking into a new one but we should stay in the one that's nearly 50 is fine?
It's not about the stadium.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:33 PM 09-02-2019
You start threads about KCMO crime constantly, you dipshit
How does that make me affraid of minorities? If that were the case dont think I'd live on the plaza bud.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 301
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Up