ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 51
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:34 PM 01-22-2024
Are they going to leave the frank white statute at the old k after the voters approve a new stadium?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:38 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Can we please sign Zack Greinke? Goddammit, I need to see this man get 3000 K’s in a Royals uniform!
Is this about the only thing we have to look forward to this season for our Royals:-)?
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:44 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Is this about the only thing we have to look forward to this season for our Royals:-)?
I mean there are people thinking we can compete for the division :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:55 PM 01-22-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I mean there are people thinking we can compete for the division :-)
Nothing personal at all but I've heard this almost year since 2015.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:58 PM 01-22-2024
How do you go from over 100 losses 106 to be exact from the previous season to competing for the division the next year? Crappy division I guess??:-)
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:15 PM 01-22-2024
How do you go from over 100 losses 106 to be exact from the previous season to competing for the division the next year? Crappy division I guess??:-)
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/.../transactions/

Acquisitions Hunter Renfroe (OF), Michael Wacha (SP), Seth Lugo (SP), and Will Smith (RP) going to make all the difference, apparently.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:17 PM 01-22-2024
yes....crappy division..
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:21 PM 01-23-2024
Nothing personal at all but I've heard this almost year since 2015.:-)
No you haven't
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:23 PM 01-23-2024
Sherman is sleezy as shit. Like you don't know where the fuck you are putting your stadium? Doubt that.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:57 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Sherman is sleezy as shit. Like you don't know where the **** you are putting your stadium? Doubt that.
The Star site being available changed things because that is the number one site.
[Reply]
tk13 12:43 AM 01-26-2024
Looks like our man Maikel hit a HR in Venezuela that led to a huge fight.

Last night, with the game tied in the 8th, Maikel García hit a go-ahead 2-run HR in the LVBP Gran Final. ����

And then chaos ensued.

It was a great, electric, high-scoring game that unfortunately has been overshadowed by the fight.

Tiburones de La Guaira leads the series 2-0. pic.twitter.com/o1tBmYztYl

— Shawn Spradling (@Shawn_Spradling) January 25, 2024

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:42 AM 01-26-2024
Love seeing the catchers coming in with full battle rattle on - Smart.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:34 AM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/.../transactions/

Acquisitions Hunter Renfroe (OF), Michael Wacha (SP), Seth Lugo (SP), and Will Smith (RP) going to make all the difference, apparently.
The team is clearly improved but there’s nothing life changing there regardless of the spending spree. They should be watchable though.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:22 AM 01-26-2024
This team can win the AL Central IF they get the best versions of Singer and Ragans, and Vinnie Pasquantino returns with a vengeance. There are some big IFS there.

Path gets easier if they were to add someone like Chapman in FA.
[Reply]
tk13 12:49 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This team can win the AL Central IF they get the best versions of Singer and Ragans, and Vinnie Pasquantino returns with a vengeance. There are some big IFS there.

Path gets easier if they were to add someone like Chapman in FA.
The other key is someone like McArthur was for real. Have a couple guys like McArthur and McMillon blow up and become lockdown relievers to line up with the veteran relievers they signed. A couple good starters, solid bullpen and Witt, Vinny and Salvy mashing... don't know if it wins the division but you'd think they'd at least run at a wild card spot, which at this point is just getting a little above .500.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 51
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up