ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 295
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:24 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Steeler fans on twitter saying they have a better chance of going to the SB because they have such a good defense.

It's like they didn't watch the Ravens or 49ers at all.
Pittsburgh is a dying dynasty, they're circling the drain big time
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:49 PM 05-14-2020
Steeler fans on twitter saying they have a better chance of going to the SB because they have such a good defense.

It's like they didn't watch the Ravens or 49ers at all.
Their QB is washed. It doesn’t matter how good their defense is with no QB in this NFL.

It took a lot of fortunate breaks for Denver to overcome Peyton Manning’s horrendous play in 2015. 1-Pittsburgh’s defense won’t be as good as that Denver team; 2-There was no Patrick Mahomes with this many weapons and this coaching staff in 2015
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:59 PM 05-14-2020
I don't even think Ruiz was the best center in the draft.

I think Denver got a better center in Cushenberry in the third round which is why you don't draft a center in the first.
The truth is neither was great. I'm glad this staff appears to know what it wants in OL and acquires them accordingly.

elway drafts like he's reading a Lindy's.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:15 PM 05-14-2020
I don't even think Ruiz was the best center in the draft.

I think Denver got a better center in Cushenberry in the third round which is why you don't draft a center in the first.
That's a scheme thing, Ruiz is a lot more athletic so if your system is about pulling and trapping and all that he's going to be a much better fit. Matt Hennessey is also a lot more athletic than Cushenberry also but it's about fits.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:45 PM 05-14-2020
That's a good point that I hadn't thought about much
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:22 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Their QB is washed. It doesn’t matter how good their defense is with no QB in this NFL.
Maybe. IIRC, Big Ben had been putting off surgery on his throwing elbow for a while before he injured it last season. He could come back with a better arm than he had back in 2018. If that happens, he could be one of the top 5 QBs in the AFC.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:37 PM 05-14-2020
No Antonio Brown no Bell. Trying to force Juju into an X position. I don't have faith
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 05-14-2020
No Antonio Brown no Bell. Trying to force Juju into an X position. I don't have faith
James Washington miiiight be a badass, though. And James Conner is a damn good RB in his own right when healthy. Throw Diontae Johnson in there with Eric Ebron and Ben has as many weapons to work with as he's had in a bit. He may not have the premier top end that he had with Brown, but that's a LOT of numbers to throw at the problem.

If they've got him back there throwing 650 times like he was in 2018, there's the potential for another 5k yard season.

If Roethlisberger fails it will be on Roethlisberger, IMO.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:10 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
James Washington miiiight be a badass, though. And James Conner is a damn good RB in his own right when healthy. Throw Diontae Johnson in there with Eric Ebron and Ben has as many weapons to work with as he's had in a bit. He may not have the premier top end that he had with Brown, but that's a LOT of numbers to throw at the problem.

If they've got him back there throwing 650 times like he was in 2018, there's the potential for another 5k yard season.

If Roethlisberger fails it will be on Roethlisberger, IMO.
Don’t forget about Claypool. McFarland could make some plays early on too.

The Steelers, like the Chiefs now, will never be short on talent at the skill positions because they’re constantly drafting and developing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Don’t forget about Claypool. McFarland could make some plays early on too.

The Steelers, like the Chiefs now, will never be short on talent at the skill positions because they’re constantly drafting and developing.
Shit - I was gonna mention him then went down the "well are they playing him at TE?" rabbithole when I remembered Ebron and wrote about him instead.

Yeah, the Steelers have pass catchers.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:14 PM 05-14-2020
Speaking of which, is there any doubt that the Chiefs will draft a WR in the 1st 2 rounds next year?

The class looks as good as last years, and I know it’s hard to believe, but may even be a little better. I can’t wait to see who we pair up with Hill and Hardman next year. It’s going to be fun.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:33 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shit - I was gonna mention him then went down the "well are they playing him at TE?" rabbithole when I remembered Ebron and wrote about him instead.

Yeah, the Steelers have pass catchers.
And an elite defense. Depends on Big Ben but if he’s healthy, I think they are better than Baltimore.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:01 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The truth is neither was great. I'm glad this staff appears to know what it wants in OL and acquires them accordingly.

elway drafts like he's reading a Lindy's.
I disagree.

Ruiz would've been a perfect fit, and probably a guy you build the line around for ten plus years. The leader up front. The GUY.

That's the guy I wanted there. Perfect fit, just like Clyde is a perfect fit.

I've got no issues with how it went down. I'm happy to have Edwards-Helaire, and I have every confidence he'll be awesome.

But Ruiz would've been a perfect fit and probable perennial pro-bowler in Andy's scheme too.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:11 PM 05-14-2020
I think that Reid and Mahomes love what Damien Williams did in the playoffs, because obviously.

But there were 3 separate times last year where Mahomes threw a TD pass to Williams in the end zone, with one being in the SB, where Williams made the absolute most piss poor attempt to catch the ball.

All three were on almost exactly the same route, too. All three of those passes would have been actual touchdowns if it had been Kareem Hunt. I know it sounds crazy, but I really feel like Mahomes was pissed off each time Damien whiffed on these passes.

Mahomes looked about as irritated as he ever gets on those plays. I used to have notes from the all-22 film, but after the SB I tossed it because it didn't matter, that had the details of the games and plays.

That is why I think that CEH was a target, in my opinion.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:25 PM 05-14-2020
If Big Ben returns to form, the Steelers are absolutely a contender to be dealt with.

I have serious suspicions he's done.

BUT-if there was a lingering problem he wasn't getting fixed to stay in, and it is now, then yeah, The Steelers will be back in the hunt.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 295
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up