ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 219
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Nwaneri announces tomorrow and so far today we've gotten crystal ball predictions from Steve Wiltfong, Director of Football Recruiting, and Allen Trieu both saying he's going to Mizzou. If he does commit here I think a big part of it has to do with MO's new NIL laws. It's huge!
If those guys are predicting that it's huge and that's 1 hell of a get for you guys
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:09 PM 08-13-2023
From what I've seen, the job is Brady Cook's. Prepare for misery.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:23 PM 08-13-2023
Ton of smoke around Nwaneri/Mizzou….got a great feeling he’s picking us. He and Wingo would be one helluva a recruiting 1,2 punch.

I’m not surprised McClellan picked OSU right now, was always trending that way. Mizzou made up a ton of ground though, I don’t think that one is dead.
[Reply]
warpaint* 11:44 PM 08-13-2023
When you consider the OU connections to him & LSN it's an impressive win for Mizzou.

Wingo looking good too so they say.

Now if he can just survive the season, keep the class intact, & keep his job...
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 12:58 AM 08-14-2023
If anyone wants a ticket I have a spare I can sell to Mizzou vs. Middle Tennessee on 9 September.

Would just have to resell/transfer it through ticketmaster.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:59 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
From what I've seen, the job is Brady Cook's. Prepare for misery.
Yep, it was always his no matter what. I don't trust Eli's decision making whatsoever. Also, Eli doesn't talk about how good he looks only how the guys rally around him. Like yeah no shit? You've pretty much said he's the starter from the beginning. This has never been an actual open competition. It's infuriating.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:41 PM 08-14-2023

Your daily dose of #Mizzou quarterback's. During practice it seems like the depth chart is shaping out like this:

1. Cook
2. Horn
3. Garcia
4. Johnson

Check out reps from each player in the thread below ��@KOMUsports pic.twitter.com/uxnz8PAUD1

— Joshua Shuman (@joshua_shuman22) August 14, 2023

[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:34 PM 08-14-2023
Yep, it was always his no matter what. I don't trust Eli's decision making whatsoever. Also, Eli doesn't talk about how good he looks only how the guys rally around him. Like yeah no shit? You've pretty much said he's the starter from the beginning. This has never been an actual open competition. It's infuriating.
He's had multiple chances to fix it. Time to live or die with the dumbassery.

Let's make no mistake though. Cook is getting deals. There's no competition.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:05 PM 08-14-2023
If the job is 100 percent Cook's, we won't hear any more about the "maybe play 2 QBs for the first few weeks" thing.

If it is not Cook's job, we will.

Time will tell. I think Drinkwitz is a little too obsessed with all the complicated (and, I would argue, minimally effective with a limited QB) eye candy stuff he does in his offense. And that helps Cook out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:38 PM 08-14-2023
Nwaweri commitment should be announced any old moment now.

Momentum is on Mizzou's side, but who knows?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:42 PM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It's worth noting that Cook had the best ball placement there. And the ball did seem to be snapping out of there better than it was last season. Garcia had clearly better raw arm strength but didn't seem as precise. Horn seemed to be a little underwhelming to me; didn't jump off the screen like I'd hoped.

Man, the Frosh (Johnson) spins a beautiful ball, though. That thing just looks different out of his hand. With his athleticism, that's gonna be a really interesting kid to keep an eye on. Can't imagine we'll see him this year but he looks to have electric raw talent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:57 PM 08-14-2023
Nwaneri committed to Mizzou.

#3 player in the nation; obviously a 5* recruit. I believe that's our 2nd highest rated commit in program history?

Good work, NIL guys!!!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:59 PM 08-14-2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:45 PM 08-14-2023
But it doesn't matter, because that mother****er is going to start Brady Cook at QB and he's gonna start him until it's no longer possible to start him and we're gonna lose all of our other QBs to the portal.
If Cook is the best option, you play him, no?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:48 PM 08-14-2023
Don't think the argument has ever been dont play the best player. Just that if the best you can land is Cook after multiple cracks at doing an upgrade holy fuck what are you doing?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 219
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up