ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Burrow: Bengals built to beat the Chiefs
SHOWTIME 09:08 AM 04-15-2024

Joe Burrow: I think Bengals are built to beat the Chiefs. https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 15, 2024

[Reply]
SAGA45 08:01 AM 04-16-2024
Lou Anarumo is the only one who gives the Bengals a chance against the Chiefs. Outside of him, they're "built" to watch the Chiefs in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:06 AM 04-16-2024
Not sure I understand anyone here being "scared" of any QB. The only time I would use the word fear and QB in the same sentence would have to do with ours and injury. IDGAF about any of those other, non championship winning QBs. Yes, we will lose games to other teams from time to time. But "scared"? Of Joe Burrow? Of Josh Allen? Of.....? Nah.
[Reply]
scho63 09:01 AM 04-16-2024
The Bengals are on Burrowed time.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:11 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Allen took KC to the wire twice in the playoffs and could have won both games.

Burrow got lucky as **** KC melted down in the second half and OT and won in OT.

Allen is way more scary if he ever gets a full game of complementary football on his side.
Allen is a beta personality. Burrow is an alpha personality. Burrow gets that edge.
[Reply]
myselff77 09:23 AM 04-16-2024
The Bengals could be built to beat the Chiefs, but it would involve trading Burrow and having Browning on the cheap contract. Then keeping the wide receivers and drafting successfully with the additional picks from trading Burrow.
Burrow is really the hinderance to their success.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:36 AM 04-16-2024
Why would you even be scared of anyone as a Chiefs fan. It's simply unbelievable
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:01 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
The Bengals could be built to beat the Chiefs, but it would involve trading Burrow and having Browning on the cheap contract. Then keeping the wide receivers and drafting successfully with the additional picks from trading Burrow.
Burrow is really the hinderance to their success.
Agreed.

I think Burrow is good, but Browning showed he had potential too. They had the same amount of wins last season if I remember correctly.

now, that said... a Bengals opinion surely outweighs mine, as I don't watch every bengals snap.

I get frustrated when dipshit Mahomes haters say that Alex Smith was just as good, that Mahomes is ONLY good because the team is stacked with talent, and that Andy Reid is the biggest factor, that anyone could win a SB with him. These people are just morons.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:59 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Allen is a beta personality. Burrow is an alpha personality. Burrow gets that edge.
The guy with fragile wrists who shows up on game day dressed like Elton John's boy toy is an alpha personality?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:31 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Because of their defense far more than their offense. That defense has given KC fits, but they aren't the same that they were a couple of years ago.

Maybe. That's certainly one way to look at it.

Listen, this is how it is as far as I'm concerned. They have top-tier coaching. They have a top tier offense, particularly at WR. And they have had solid-to-very good defense. And they have a top-tier QB. Top-5 or -10 or wherever you want to rank him, he's one of the best QBs in the league. We can debate whether he's elite, and I honestly don't know if he is. But he's proven to be a pretty good one, easily in the top-10.

Anyway, it's pretty much impossible to have really good players and really good coaches and still be a bad team. If anyone can come up with more than one example of such I'd love to see it.

And to prove it, they actually beat KC three times in a row, once in the AFCCG, while never having a good OL.

So, by any reasonable standard CIN is a top-tier football team, period.

Now, you want to argue that they haven't ever played up to their roster's talent, I would agree with that. They haven't been dominant offensively in the playoffs. Burrow in particular hasn't been special in January by any means. But the talent is undeniably there.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:51 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

What are you basing this on besides his “cool” moniker? Because it certainly can’t be how they play the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:19 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Because of our defense....
FYP
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up