ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 71
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:17 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Their greed is a little preemptive since the guy is a round 2 pick on his rookie contract.
remind me not to buy a Lexus if that's the outcome. :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:30 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, nice to see some Chiefs fans are so happy to shit on and gloat about one of their own players’ problems. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.

I'm generally with the people who are saying this is not as big of a deal as people are making it but also just because a player is a Chiefs player doesn't mean you support them blindly no matter what they do.

That's some TrueFan idiocy. I can't believe people are out here shitting on Jovan Belcher just because he murdered his girlfriend then blew his head off in the Arrowhead parking lot. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:34 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
being sued for 10 million :-)

dumbass
Texas has a punitive damages cap, though.

Appears to be double the economic damages. And they won't be able to establish even $500K in economic damages (pain and suffering fall under 'non-economic' damages).

So that's just a headline grab. Admittedly I've not dug into exceptions to the cap that may be allowed in certain circumstances but I'd be surprised if there are any/many. The nature of punitive damages in a personal injury matter almost preclude it. You only award punitives in cases of gross negligence in those cases (or willful disregard) and those would be the most obvious instances to make an exception. Well if you wanted to except those, you just wouldn't have the cap at all.

I mean look, if they can establish some lunatic 'continuing care' sort of fund that gets the economics up to $500K, it's gonna be plenty of pain for Rashee. That's probably going to be something like $500K in economic, $500K in non-economic and another million in punitives for a total of $2 million.

But even that feels INCREDIBLY unlikely. It's more likely to be $100-$200K when all is said and done.

Guy ain't gonna get slapped for $10 million. Just more sensationalism.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:50 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, nice to see some Chiefs fans are so happy to shit on and gloat about one of their own players’ problems. Nice fan base. Maybe if you really feel that way you should go find another team to ‘support’ in your own shit-ass fashion, bitches.
I'm more than happy to "shit" on people that do stupid shit like Rice did regardless of whether they are a Chief, a Devil, or a Brave. My being a fan doesn't force me to tolerate stupidity from people on the team.

I caught the same bullshit from Braves fans for saying McCann and Morton can both suck unwashed cock and all they did was cheat in baseball. Takes like yours is how we wind up with politicians holding office for life despite the shady underhanded bullshit they pull. Excuses and swerves because they are on "your team".

GFY
[Reply]
BWillie 09:00 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
...and here come the civil suits. This ought to be interesting.
Money/attention grab. Assuming he bought reasonable amounts of BI liability insurance then 99 times out of 100 they will just max out bi limits. You rarely hear about it going further than that. A judge won't let it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:14 AM 04-16-2024
Free my boi Rashee he ain't do nothing
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:29 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Free my boi Rashee he ain't do nothing
He was using his leased Lambo to defend those cars from the psycho driver in the Vette. Lucky he was there or it could have been much worse.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:32 AM 04-16-2024
I think we can all agree that the lesson here is to send your friend with the bag away to seek medical attention while you wait at the scene.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:40 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I am simply responding to the video where you claimed he wasn't "remotely close" to killing anyone. Are you serious about that? Do you really think within 5-10 seconds of that interaction he couldn't have had a let's say 5-10% chance of killing someone versus the normal 0.001% chance of killing someone in the lane next to you?

We're talking about probabilities. Anyone can die in a traffic accident. He raised that possibility by leaps and bounds. I am well aware it didn't end up in a fatality, and I don't think he shouldn't be punished as if it did or almost did. But I also think it's absurd to ignore what happened.

If you drive drunk and no one dies, is it totally fine that you just drove drunk? Because kids will be kids and no one suffered the consequences even if you were pulled over by the police?
So, a 5% chance is "almost" happening?

Man, the things I've ALMOST done.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I'm more than happy to "shit" on people that do stupid shit like Rice did regardless of whether they are a Chief, a Devil, or a Brave. My being a fan doesn't force me to tolerate stupidity from people on the team.

I caught the same bullshit from Braves fans for saying McCann and Morton can both suck unwashed cock and all they did was cheat in baseball. Takes like yours is how we wind up with politicians holding office for life despite the shady underhanded bullshit they pull. Excuses and swerves because they are on "your team".

GFY

Lol, right back at ya, dipstick.

Try to comprehend this: I have said repeatedly that what Rice and his friends did was in very poor judgement, and also that they should be punished appropriately.

But what I've been careful not to do is trash Rice as a person over what might be just one bad decision. Before I start calling him trash and so forth I want to see what he has to say for himself and how he behaves/makes decisions going forward, simple as that.

It's called giving people the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
kevrunner 12:19 PM 04-16-2024
If anyone is interested and has time, read the entire article in this link, I’m amazed how Jamin Davis of the Commanders has been able to stay under the radar. The only reason I’m aware of this is because the fatal crash happened about 10 minutes from my home.

Jamin Davis wasn’t driving the car that the woman was killed in but he is allegedly involved according to the lawsuit.

Did this ever make the news in the Kansas City area? I’ve never seen anyone mention it when bringing up other players who have been caught driving recklessly prior to Rashee’s incident.

Jamin Davis, Benjamin St-Juste are named in wrongful death lawsuit https://t.co/vYXkeJ5Tl2 pic.twitter.com/xFuql3I3ot

— Commanders Wire (@Washington_Wire) December 30, 2023

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:24 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Explain how exactly your “no tolerance for stupidly from people on the team” will manifest itself moving forward.

Are you going to boo Rashee everytime he makes a play for the Chiefs next season… as you watch on from your goat farm?

Explain.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 04-16-2024
OUT ON BAIL FRESH OUT OF JAIL CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

SOON AS I STEP ON THE SCENE IM HEARIN' HOOCHIES SCREAMIN'
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:34 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
So, a 5% chance is "almost" happening?

Man, the things I've ALMOST done.
If an idiot in a car next to me pulls a stunt that has a 5% of killing or seriously injuring me, I would like to see them go to jail.
[Reply]
loochy 12:38 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If an idiot in a car next to me pulls a stunt that has a 5% of killing or seriously injuring me, I would like to see them go to jail.

If someone slightly annoys me, I would like to see them go to jail.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 71
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up