« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:25 AM 04-16-2024
If it was more entertaining people would watch. Simple as that. They need better TV deals/numbers to make more. No one is watching women's sports other than the outlier championship game and final 4. I expect to see these CP heroes starting official Indiana Fever game threads.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:44 AM 04-16-2024
I don’t know if Caitlin clark is gonna fix the wnba. She will certainly help but it’s a hell of a hole to dig out of. There’s something to be said about the college environment that I’m not sure translate to the wnba. However I imagine you get some of that same bump like guys like shohei or wemby get where casuals who would otherwise never watch the angels or spurs are curious to watch the fever play a game or 2.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:07 PM 04-16-2024
Others have made this comparison but I am repeating it since I feel as though it is a much more appropriate comparison than let's say comparing Kobe Byrant to Michael Jordan. Clark isn't just hyped for the 2 runs to the women's NCAA finals, she really is the closest NCAA/NBA/WNBA player to Steph Curry if you factor out sex/biology. She can pass the ball, dribble the ball, shoot 3's from far beyond the 3-point line and drive to the basket.

Curry happens to have had great impact on winning. But even Allen Iverson who often really didn't have a great impact on winning, received a ton of hype since his game was different. Many fans liked watching a short player with great athleticism try to battle against much taller players. Iverson's combination of scoring, speed and jumping ability for a player his height was pretty unique so he got a lot of attention.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:55 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
If it was more entertaining people would watch. Simple as that. They need better TV deals/numbers to make more. No one is watching women's sports other than the outlier championship game and final 4. I expect to see these CP heroes starting official Indiana Fever game threads.
The WNBA is a toxic product. College ball is the last step normal people can tolerate. Even the local girls completely disappear from everyone's radar once they assimilate. Even Clark entering the league while her following is at its peak is not going to fix it.

Unfortunately, I think the NIL system is going to continue to ruin a lot of the college ball experience from a fan's perspective. Look at what it has already done to HVL's following. At this rate, she's moving from hero to zero unless unless her final landing spot revives everything.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:50 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
The WNBA is a toxic product. College ball is the last step normal people can tolerate. Even the local girls completely disappear from everyone's radar once they assimilate. Even Clark entering the league while her following is at its peak is not going to fix it.

Unfortunately, I think the NIL system is going to continue to ruin a lot of the college ball experience from a fan's perspective. Look at what it has already done to HVL's following. At this rate, she's moving from hero to zero unless unless her final landing spot revives everything.
There's alot of really talented women's players, so again that's why I don't understand why only she is followed. No one watches the WNBA and there are TONS of great players playing in it. That's what's so weird...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:58 AM 04-17-2024
There's alot of really talented women's players, so again that's why I don't understand why only she is followed. No one watches the WNBA and there are TONS of great players playing in it. That's what's so weird...
No one else shoots 40% from 3 ft behind the line and has crazy passing assist every game.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:15 AM 04-17-2024
I can't tell if you're joking or ... ??
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:19 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I can't tell if you're joking or ... ??
Not joking, he's just a moron
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:24 AM 04-17-2024
WNBA Averaged about 500k viewers per game last season.

2023 USFL - a crap product at best - averaged almost 1 million viewers per game.

NBA 1.5 million per game.

NFL 17.9 million per game

It is pretty simple - people need to watch. And they don't.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:29 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
WNBA Averaged about 500k viewers per game last season.

2023 USFL - a crap product at best - averaged almost 1 million viewers per game.

NBA 1.5 million per game.

NFL 17.9 million per game

It is pretty simple - people need to watch. And they don't.
Women need to watch. It can’t just be dudes keeping women’s sports alive.

There’s some lesbian sports bar in Portland that only shows women’s sporting events. At least they’re leading by example. I couldn’t get my wife to watch a WNBA game for anything. She will willingly watch the Royals. Never seen her tune in for a softball game.
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:37 AM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Women need to watch. It can’t just be dudes keeping women’s sports alive.

There’s some lesbian sports bar in Portland that only shows women’s sporting events. At least they’re leading by example. I couldn’t get my wife to watch a WNBA game for anything. She will willingly watch the Royals. Never seen her tune in for a softball game.
It is called "The Sports Bra" and apparently is quite popular with the "Ladies".

I - Thank God - live far from Portland; but the word on the place I hear is that its popularity has fuck-all to do with sports and is basically a Les/Trans/Whatever bar that has many TV's.
[Reply]
Stewie 12:11 PM 04-17-2024
I just watched her on McAfee's show. She's very likeable and bright. Will definitely watch her first game in the WNBA if it's not buried on some lame cable network.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:14 PM 04-17-2024
Women's sports only fail because women don't watch them. Women outnumber men in this country.

The NFL could lose every female fan and while revenue would dip, the league would be fine.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:15 PM 04-17-2024

[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:20 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Women's sports only fail because women don't watch them. Women outnumber men in this country.

The NFL could lose every female fan and while revenue would dip, the league would be fine.
Cue Bill Burr
[Reply]
Page 119 of 124
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123 > Last »
Up