ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1929 of 3903
« First < 929142918291879191919251926192719281929 193019311932193319391979202924292929 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:59 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you think it makes sense to wait until states/regions are seeing a 10 to 14 day downward trajectory of new cases before opening up, compared to opening up when the opposite is happening?
Sounds like someone should tell the Dutch they're opening up their country too early.
[Reply]
Donger 09:01 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Sounds like someone should tell the Dutch they're opening up their country too early.
Why?

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...y/netherlands/

They've accomplished that goal.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:03 AM 05-07-2020
Do you think it makes sense to wait until states/regions are seeing a 10 to 14 day downward trajectory of new cases before opening up, compared to opening up when the opposite is happening?
At first I was, but now I don't. We are continuing to increase testing at a great pace, it is estimated that 80% are asymptomatic if they test positive, so new cases will continue to rise. I believe are resources should be used to protect the vulnerable subset, the 90% who are at risk of hospitalization and death. If someone has tested positive, we should use contact tracing as much as possible to see if they have had contact with a someone in the vulnerable subset. We are betting on a vaccine that may never happen. Developing herd immunity should be the goal and that means looking at a positive tests as a sign we are getting closer, but ensuring that person stays isolated from the vulnerable subset. However, this is counter-intuitive to a 14 days decrease in cases. Submission mitigation is not an option. You agree, right?
[Reply]
Donger 09:04 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
At first I was, but now I don't. We are continuing to increase testing at a great pace, it is estimated that 80% are asymptomatic if they test positive, so new cases will continue to rise. I believe are resources should be used to protect the vulnerable subset, the 90% who are at risk of hospitalization and death. If someone has tested positive, we should use contact tracing as much as possible to see if they have had contact with a someone in the vulnerable subset. We are betting on a vaccine that may never happen. Developing herd immunity should be the goal and that means looking at a positive tests as a sign we are getting closer, but ensuring that person stays isolated from the vulnerable subset, this is counter-intuitive to a 14 days decrease in cases. Submission mitigation is not an option. You agree, right?
No, I don't agree. I'd prefer we follow the plan.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:06 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
And the death toll will fundamentally be the same, just took longer to get there whilst destroying lives and livelihoods of the survivors.
this
[Reply]
Mecca 09:06 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Reopening before this subsides harms small bussiness.

With a stay at home order, your small business has insurance and what to help you. Your employees have unemployment.

Ending the lock down too soon is a bailout to the insurance companies. Now, as 60 percent of the population still doesnt go out, you as a small businesses owner are on your own. You dont get business interrupted coverage. You dont get anything. The economy is reopen, it's your fault if you go under.

And we are forcing your employees off unemployment.

A lot of actual small businesses are going to negatively suffer from premature re opening. Because, get this, a large majority of Americans arent going to go out. Restaurants with thin margins and needing x number of tables served and hour wont survive limited customers.

And people like you are going to cheer on under a faux " what about economy" concern.
A friend of mine that works as a bartender in Florida, told me they reopened and they did 5 tables in 5 hours.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:07 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
this
Not true
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:09 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You know, it would be really annoying if there were strategies employed by numerous other countries that have stopped the disease in its tracks, especially if those strategies had been promoted by public health experts and on this thread for weeks, and that countries that had employed said strategies were actually able to open up after the period of initial lock down.

Oh wait...
Please expand on your word salad... Are you talking about S. Korea... China?

Why do you just ignore 33 million unemployed and growing and the human costs in health and death that this will cost if it isn't rectified?

Oh, wait, are you talking about NY and sending Covid-19 patients back to Nursing homes? If so, my bad, that shouldn't have happened.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:09 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not true
well you know minus the experts saying it is true, sure.. what ever.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:10 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A friend of mine that works as a bartender in Florida, told me they reopened and they did 5 tables in 5 hours.
And that's going to happen regardless. There is no magic number or magic date where people will just pull a 180. So again, it's disingenuous to say had they waited longer they would have been been busier. They may be but there is no way of knowing that. But what we do know is regardless of when things open I think it is safe to assume you aren't going to see droves of people rushing back out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:11 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Reopening before this subsides harms small bussiness.

With a stay at home order, your small business has insurance and what to help you. Your employees have unemployment.

Ending the lock down too soon is a bailout to the insurance companies. Now, as 60 percent of the population still doesnt go out, you as a small businesses owner are on your own. You dont get business interrupted coverage. You dont get anything. The economy is reopen, it's your fault if you go under.

And we are forcing your employees off unemployment.

A lot of actual small businesses are going to negatively suffer from premature re opening. Because, get this, a large majority of Americans arent going to go out. Restaurants with thin margins and needing x number of tables served and hour wont survive limited customers.

And people like you are going to cheer on under a faux " what about economy" concern.
Business interruption in the context of Covid-19 will likely be decided by the courts and is far from a given when deciding whether to reopen or not.
[Reply]
Donger 09:11 AM 05-07-2020
Ugh. One of Trump's personal valets has tested positive.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:12 AM 05-07-2020
Yay global depression were millions die of starvation, and because of malnutrition die of other shit! HOOZAH we beat COVID!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:12 AM 05-07-2020
Ugh. One of Trump's personal valets has tested positive.
/Agenda
[Reply]
petegz28 05-07-2020, 09:13 AM
This message has been deleted by petegz28. Reason: Politcal
Page 1929 of 3903
« First < 929142918291879191919251926192719281929 193019311932193319391979202924292929 > Last »
Up