ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 63
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:31 PM 05-07-2020
Callaway X tours 4-pw True Temper-dynamic golds s.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:45 PM 05-07-2020
Weber Performer. Charcoal grill with all the extra goodies. Really helped take my grilling game to the next level. Might buy a 26" and build a table around it next time, 22" just doesn't do the trick anymore. :-)

https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/c.../15501001.html
[Reply]
srvy 08:24 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's the one we got; did the same thing with the 20% off coupon at BBB. Then we used our Discover Card money to purchase gift-cards that are something like pay $20 and get $25 when you use your cash-back rewards to purchase them. So at that point you can 'double dip' the discount because one of them is coming from Discover and being loaded onto gift cards, the other from BBB via the coupon.

We have 3 kids so we got the big one just to be safe. Honestly, sometimes it's still a little on the small side. The problem is that the round shape just doesn't yield as much usable surface area for some things. Works great for casseroles and such but you can crowd it pretty quickly if you're trying anything bigger.

I just didn't know what I'd need to I wasn't gonna risk ending up with a useless appliance to save $100. I got the biggest we could get to give the whole idea as good a chance to succeed as possible.
Thanks that's good info I was looking for.
[Reply]
scho63 08:24 PM 05-07-2020
1. Honeywell black 3 speed desk fan for about $15 at Walmart. I use it everyday

2. Alpine Swiss light brown card holder for my credit cards, discount supermarket cards, license, business cards, some photos and receipts/lottery tickets. I NEVER have carried money in a wallet, always in my front left pocket and car keys in the right.

3. My Timberland Kiaweh boat shoes. Wear them about 4-5 days a week.

4. My worn out black gym/duffel bag I bought in 2008 to hold all the towels that I sold during the Obama/McCain POTUS rallies. Bag has been incredible and while it only has a short time left I have used it several thousand times since 2008 for a variety of items.

5. A 6" trifold Mallaird memory mattress for guests at $149. Nothing has ever held up like this and it's as soft and in the same shape when I bought it. I had to sleep on it for 6 months when my mattress wore out and I was moving. Beats stupid air mattresses by miles and miles.

6. My Kansas City Chiefs gear; red NFL polo with logo, a red basic KC baseball cap, my Super Bowl Champs T shirt and my wall hanging in my office of a bottle cap that says KC Chiefs est 1960.
[Reply]
srvy 08:32 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
God dammit don't tell me that!
If you own your own home eventually you will have stuck kitchen sink drains this is more than worth the money if you don't want to pay the plumber 150 bucks to free it up. It's saved my ass many a time.

[Reply]
srvy 08:44 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I was looking for a new weed trimmer and saw this electric one from Ryobi:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...2080/206451828

I thought fuck it, it uses the same batteries as the one for my drill and Miter Saw so I'll try it out. This little thing is awesome! Lighter than my old gas power craftsman. Trimmed and edged just as well as it did too on a battery!
I have the ryobi 40V wish Id gone with the 18V as it would have been plenty and lighter. Ryobi makes some good stuff the work lights I surprisingly get good use out of.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have the ryobi 40V wish Id gone with the 18V as it would have been plenty and lighter. Ryobi makes some good stuff the work lights I surprisingly get good use out of.
Ryobi is fine stuff until you really need to work it hard. I have a Ryobi ratchet driver that I used for years here and there then I went to Texas to build a deck with a buddy of mine. We spent a couple days flying through it to knock it out while I was down there and by the third day the motor was smoking and bit holder had blown the spring so anytime I raised the driver the bit fell out.

Viable justification for buying a dewalt duo kit when I got home and I kept the driver for times when my dewalt batteries die mid-project and I need a placeholder for an hour or so while waiting for my batteries to charge back up (I like having both my ratched driver and my regular driver loaded and ready so I'm not switching back and forth; should just invest in some drill/drive attachments - but when you're firing through pilot holes and screws, you can suck both those batteries dry pretty fast). But ultimately I just asked too much of it.

They're also a little more haphazard in their design. The ratchet, for instance, tries bit 'jumps' when it's ratcheting instead of the smaller, faster jumps on the Dewalt and Milwaukee I have. So it's less precise and more prone to tear out. It's also bulky as hell; just a big tool so it doesn't fit into some tighter spaces. You can tell where they saved money in their design - it's just not as thoughtful or robust.

I burned up a reciprocating saw the same way - tried to do a little too much tree work with it and it just gave up the ghost.

They are affordable and viable consumer grade tools, but they become throwaways if you work them like a contractor.
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 AM 05-08-2020
If you own your own home eventually you will have stuck kitchen sink drains this is more than worth the money if you don't want to pay the plumber 150 bucks to free it up. It's saved my ass many a time.

This could be used to find out "What's Inside your Butthole." :-)

Or unclog you before your colonoscopy.

[Reply]
seclark 10:36 AM 05-08-2020

whoa...that's what i need to use to find what's down the shitter in the grandkids bathroom. it's not completely stopped up, but it doesn't really flush worth a damn. needs a plunger every once in a while. i think they tossed a sock or something down there a couple months ago and never said anything.
sec
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 05-08-2020
Side note regarding that 18v One-touch line. You can find some really reasonable knock-off battery packs that work with them online.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VBS31GK...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

$60 for a pair of the 5.0 Ah high capacity batteries when the Ryobi branded ones will cost you $145 for a pair of 4.0 Ah ones. Now the former is probably a little overrated but it's still at least the equal of the latter when all is said and done and costs less than 1/2 as much.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:50 AM 05-08-2020
I Have a shitload of chargers everywhere in all my machines. This is the best cable tie I’ve found. You roll it up tight on the wire, it Velcro’s to itself then when you’re ready to Roll up the cable it Velcro’s to the backside too. Good quality velcro and build quality. and 50 of the bastards for $8 is where it’s at. I’ve tried a bunch of different shit and this is where I ended up to keep charger cables (and any other cables) tied up.

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Tril...8960010&sr=8-1
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:57 AM 05-08-2020
Also my buddy kiped me a QI charging pack. Which is well and good but what really use it for is in lieu of a charger cord at night. It’s so much easier to get it on the charger in the dark when all you have to do is hit the block rather than find the cord that invariably falls behind the nightstand or under the bed. :-)

It works well as a mobile charger sure but it really shines as a nighttime charger. I see there are QI alarm clocks and whatnot which is the direction I will go when this shits out down the road.

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:10 PM 05-08-2020
Any battery-powered lawn care product by Ego, I think I've got them all.

And this mat and net (especially with golf courses shut down recently)

[Reply]
RunKC 01:29 PM 10-14-2020
Bought this 2 months ago and haven’t went out for coffee since. Can’t recommend a Delonghi enough.

This is what I got and it’s a lazy mans espresso machine, but it’s a good price and well worth the investment.

De'Longhi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super Automatic Espresso & Coffee Machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N2YKQ0..._ue1HFbE7PMQ3T
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 10-14-2020
a Puffy Lux mattress. Has been a Godsend for my back and shoulder pain.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 63
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up