ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>2018 Black Friday Thread
Sofa King 06:32 PM 11-14-2018
Anyone found any amazing deals yet? A lot of ads finally started coming out.

I'm looking for a good 65 inch 4k smart TV, maybe a nintendo switch. Always up for hunting and fishing stuff as well. Bought a bunch of video games last year during it.

Whatcha got?
[Reply]
Fish 11:17 AM 11-16-2018
TCL TVs get pretty good reviews for quality and low price.
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:50 AM 11-16-2018
I can't stand Roku. That shit is slowwwwwwww. And the UI really sucks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:40 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
We’ve got a 55” and I’ve got no complaints about it. Is it the greatest TV ever? No. But they aren’t super fucking expensive either.
TVs, mattresses and car stereo systems are places where salesmen absolutely love me because I'll always pay a little more for a little better.

Those are long-term purchases; 5 years or more as a general rule. Another $1,000 over 5+ years is less than $10/mo so it's just not a worry of mine. And you get a heck of a lot in return there; sort of the gift that keeps on giving over that 5 years because those are things you'll use every single day.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:58 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really wanting a nicer price drop on that LG C8 OLED. That's just a fantastic television and it's pretty cheap as is, but LG has offered better black Friday deals in the past than they are this year.

At a shade under $1,700 I'm inclined to consider it, but that's really just a $200 discount over where you could get them anyway and with the '19s coming out soon, that will be the going rate in short order.

If they'd drop that sucker down to $1,500 for the 55'', I'd be all over it.
I think I’m going with the 65” version. The only thing holding me back is finding a stand I like.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:36 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I think I’m going with the 65” version. The only thing holding me back is finding a stand I like.
It's just such a good set. I mean I haven't been able to find a single cross word said about the thing. Some folks prefer one of Samsung's higher end QLED models because it's brighter and Sony has a new one that's a damn light cannon so it does color variation better, but both of those are quite a bit more expensive and not better; just a little different.

There doesn't appear to be a significant technology change on the horizon in the immediate future, so this is going to be a top of the line set for the next couple of years at least. Just a slam-dunk purchase, IMO.

But like I said, I think I can hold out just a little longer and get a better deal. Costco does a price adjustment where they'll put money back on your card if the price drops for 90 days after purchase, though so I may just decide 'screw it' and if a better deal comes around in December I'll have Costo slap some money back on my card.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:00 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
This isn't a Black Friday ad but this is an awesome price on the 1950x threadripper. You can even get another $30 off if you bundle with a motherboard. I am building a desktop for some processing stuff and if I was close to one of these stores I would consider it even if it is a little more than I was going to spend.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...oxed-processor

edit: I wonder if anyone will have anything as good or better around Black Friday. This would make one hell of box to run ESXI on .
Damn. That’s a beast of a cpu. Definitely wait until cyber Monday to see if Newegg has any deals you like better. Tom’s Hardware is tracking component Black Friday deals on their website.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:02 PM 11-16-2018
TVs, mattresses and car stereo systems are places where salesmen absolutely love me because I'll always pay a little more for a little better.

Those are long-term purchases; 5 years or more as a general rule. Another $1,000 over 5+ years is less than $10/mo so it's just not a worry of mine. And you get a heck of a lot in return there; sort of the gift that keeps on giving over that 5 years because those are things you'll use every single day.
I totally get this sentiment - especially regarding televisions. I purchased a Sony Bravia 40" almost 10 years ago, used pretty heavily for streaming and games. Still works like it's brand new. Yeah, it cost like $700 or so. Well worth it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:59 PM 11-16-2018
I work at a State mental hospital with criminally insane psychopaths, murderers, rapist, real crazy people and i feel safer going to work than going out shopping on 'Black Friday' .
[Reply]
Bowser 05:10 PM 11-16-2018
Speaking of mattresses, I'm in the hunt for a good king sized mattress. Heard of any "wow" deals on these? Nebraska Furniture Mart has good ones, but they are pretty proud of them.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:00 PM 11-16-2018
It's just such a good set. I mean I haven't been able to find a single cross word said about the thing. Some folks prefer one of Samsung's higher end QLED models because it's brighter and Sony has a new one that's a damn light cannon so it does color variation better, but both of those are quite a bit more expensive and not better; just a little different.

There doesn't appear to be a significant technology change on the horizon in the immediate future, so this is going to be a top of the line set for the next couple of years at least. Just a slam-dunk purchase, IMO.

But like I said, I think I can hold out just a little longer and get a better deal. Costco does a price adjustment where they'll put money back on your card if the price drops for 90 days after purchase, though so I may just decide 'screw it' and if a better deal comes around in December I'll have Costo slap some money back on my card.
Zero percent chance I’d pay a premium for equivalent Sony technology. And while I LOVE my Samsung FN8500 plasma (the last great set of the plasma era), OLED > QLED.
[Reply]
Miles 08:22 PM 11-16-2018

May keep an eye on Frys if in your area. I picked up the fairly new at the time 2017 model 55” over 2017 4th of July there on an unadvertised sale for $1,700 and recall they may have been around that last Black Friday. Slickdeals is a good source and avsforum has a deals section.

Love the set but only slight comment is it really shines when your room is dark but doesn’t do a brighter room as well as some of the better FALD LED. Better than plasma in this respect though.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:32 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I may have to actually go out for this one.

https://www.bfads.net/Item/Walmart-B...5Q73DOU/455363

65" TCL 4k TV for $398
I saw that too. Didn't think the reviews were that great but it's an amazing price. Saw a Vizio 65 inch in Walmart for 399 but i assumed something was up with it. Went home, researched it and found out it was actually a really good TV and was over 750 everywhere. Went back and they were sold out. damnit!
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:34 PM 11-16-2018
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-6...30&athena=true

What about this Sceptre one?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:11 AM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Speaking of mattresses, I'm in the hunt for a good king sized mattress. Heard of any "wow" deals on these? Nebraska Furniture Mart has good ones, but they are pretty proud of them.
Fuck the deals. Buy a Casper yo. California king for the win (I’m an ogre)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:23 PM 11-17-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck the deals. Buy a Casper yo. California king for the win (I’m an ogre)
+1 on buying a Casper.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up