ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 739 of 1211
« First < 239639689729735736737738739 740741742743749789839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:41 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
From the fried rice thread. My friend's mom learned to make hers while her husband worked for GM in Singapore.

Your best bet for your spice conundrum is to track down some shrimp paste. Go to the right Asian market and they'll have it and Tamarind paste as well.

30 mile drive to the Asian market, but it just might have to be done after work friday

I did forget to add ginger to my regular list, that would've been a crucial omission
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:33 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
From the fried rice thread. My friend's mom learned to make hers while her husband worked for GM in Singapore.

Your best bet for your spice conundrum is to track down some shrimp paste. Go to the right Asian market and they'll have it and Tamarind paste as well.

I almost picked up a can of this at the market Monday... didn't. Regretting it now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:16 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I almost picked up a can of this at the market Monday... didn't. Regretting it now.
If you're actually cooking with shrimp, you won't notice a difference between shrimp paste and fish sauce when cooking. perfectly OK to use that instead.

It's best when you want a little shrimpy flavor in your umami, but aren't actually putting shrimp in the dish. Like if you're making a glaze for other meats [satay], or are flavoring rice or rice w/veg filling [dim sum].
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:15 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ok, my big project for the weekend is Balinese style fried rice called Nasi Goreng

Watched it made on Zimmerns Travel Channel show and decided it had to be done... I'll never even remember, or even have access to, the crazy mix of spices the dude used but I can get pretty close

Thinly sliced chicken
Shrimp
Rice overnight in fridge
Garlic
Shallot
Green onion, plenty
Scrambled egg
Lemongrass
Hot red pepper
Pinch of 5 spice as a cheap substitute? (need to google a bit to be sure)
Sweet soy sauce (1 cup soy, 1 cup brown sugar cooked down a bit)
Missing something here but cant place it, it'll get figured out after more googling
Might even throw in a bit of oyster sauce to fill things out in light of my lack of actual Balinese spices

Either way, this dish IS going to kick some ass, and thats a promise

You don't need to have rice in the fridge overnight. I know people will tell you differently. But what they don't tell you is the fridge can make the rice take on the aroma that is in your fridge from sitting overnight and become somewhat stale. It might be subtle enough to not notice much, but it is there.

It is better IMO to make from cool fresh rice to create the freshest flavor possible. I have made hundreds of bowls of fried rice at home and I never have an issue with rice sticking or getting mushy. Just make sure the wok/pan is as hot as you can possibly get it and add plenty of oil at the beginning.
[Reply]
srvy 09:11 AM 03-07-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
30 mile drive to the Asian market, but it just might have to be done after work friday

I did forget to add ginger to my regular list, that would've been a crucial omission
Always Amazon if you want the drive to the asian market. I use it for a hard to find fish sauce and shrimp paste from the Phils my wife likes.

https://www.amazon.com/Pantai-Shrimp...70_&dpSrc=srch
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:36 AM 03-07-2018
What kind of Soy/Shoyu do you guys use?

I am presently using Kishibori and have am hard time finding anything better.

I like my shoyu dirty anyway, so I don't even know if a quality shoyu is needed in my case.

Is it just me or does shoyu and wasabi smell like roast beef?
[Reply]
TimBone 07:32 PM 03-08-2018
I don't know who posted chicken parmesan in this thread, but it's been the preview picture for this thread every time I've logged in to Tapatalk for the last few weeks. Got me craving it. So, tonight I made it.

Between work, and the kid's activities, I didn't have time to make homemade tomato sauce, so the sauce is just Emeril Legasse Tomato and Basil. I found the sauce a bit bland.

The chicken came out cooked pretty dang good.

I did spill a bit of olive oil and had my first oil fire on the stove. That was exciting!

[Reply]
SAUTO 07:34 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I don't know who posted chicken parmesan in this thread, but it's been the preview picture for this thread every time I've logged in to Tapatalk for the last few weeks. Got me craving it. So, tonight I made it.

Between work, and the kid's activities, I didn't have time to make homemade tomato sauce, so the sauce is just Emeril Legasse Tomato and Basil. I found the sauce a bit bland.

I did spill a bit of olive oil and had my first oil fire on the stove. That was exciting!

Damn man that looks good
[Reply]
In58men 07:47 PM 03-08-2018
Just wow.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:54 PM 03-08-2018
Yeah that looks great. I made a similar low carb version with no breading and spaghetti squash tonight. It was good but I would have rather had yours.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:56 PM 03-08-2018

That’s my pic. Yours looks good! Looks like fresh mozzarella, too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:37 PM 03-08-2018

Bravo...
[Reply]
threebag 09:06 PM 03-08-2018
"Chicken Parm You Taste So Good"
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:17 PM 03-08-2018

That looks great, better than great, but...

Where's the toast?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:08 PM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
"Chicken Parm You Taste So Good"
Dammit 3Bag!! :-):-)

In response

[Reply]
Page 739 of 1211
« First < 239639689729735736737738739 740741742743749789839 > Last »
Up