Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
banecat 12:31 AM 12-24-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I appreciate your choice of Jackie Brown as your favorite, because it was MY favorite until this came along... JB is probably down a ways on most people’s list, so it’s rare to find someone else claiming it as their #1
The only thing that I can come up with is that it's basically a love story. As close as QT's gonna to ever make, and it has a bittersweet ending unlike most love stories do. People don't like that. And it wasn't as tried and true back then, realistic endings
[Reply]
Otter 01:01 PM 12-26-2019
Saw this one over the Christmas holidays and thought it was pretty good. As far as Tarantino movies go I'd rate it:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Inglorious Bastards
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The rest with the Kill Bill duo fighting for scraps at the bottom of the barrel.

This film would have made the perfect summer pop corn flick at a drive-in with the sunny Hollywood vibe and soundtrack.

7.5 overall.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:32 PM 12-26-2019
I appreciate your choice of Jackie Brown as your favorite, because it was MY favorite until this came along... JB is probably down a ways on most people’s list, so it’s rare to find someone else claiming it as their #1
I just watched Jackie Brown this weekend. I saw it years ago and thought it was okay, but not that great. It has aged well though and I enjoyed it a lot more this time around for some reason.

I think Tarantino must have a foot fetish- Bridget Fonda'a feet in Jackie Brown and plenty of dirty foot action in his latest.
[Reply]
scho63 01:40 PM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

I think Tarantino must have a foot fetish- .
He does and he openly admits it. :-)
[Reply]
banecat 12-26-2019, 02:13 PM
This message has been deleted by banecat. Reason: fuck
Prison Bitch 07:29 PM 12-26-2019
Pulp was phenomenal.

The others are really meh. What exactly is his schtick? Making historical movies with slapstick endings? Once Upon is ok (rented it the other day) but realllly slow the first hour and the ending is more humorous than serious art.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:50 PM 12-27-2019
Lots of honest and legit takes on this, everyone’s entitled to see art as they wish

Championing his more far out fare is fine, they’re arguably his best works... but there’s something to be said for his more grounded works like Jackie Brown, Once Upon, even going back to his incredible True Romance script

He does realistic crime as well as anyone... Cliff Booth/Ordell Robbie types will always be more interesting to me than Pai Mei and Beatrix Kiddo
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:14 PM 12-27-2019
Lots of honest and legit takes on this, everyone’s entitled to see art as they wish

Championing his more far out fare is fine, they’re arguably his best works... but there’s something to be said for his more grounded works like Jackie Brown, Once Upon, even going back to his incredible True Romance script

He does realistic crime as well as anyone... Cliff Booth/Ordell Robbie types will always be more interesting to me than Pai Mei and Beatrix Kiddo
If you just insulted Pai Mei, I may have to do the five point palm exploding heart technique on you.

Figuratively speaking, of course.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:20 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
If you just insulted Pai Mei, I may have to do the five point palm exploding heart technique on you.

Figuratively speaking, of course.
Your so called art is only fit for Japanese fatheads!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:19 PM 12-27-2019

No love for Death Proof?

It’s grown on me a lot over the years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:45 PM 04-03-2020
Quentin Tarantino Says He Might Write A ‘Once Upon A Time’ Novelization

Quentin Tarantino’s Oscar-nominated “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” has been available for months now. But that doesn’t mean fans and the filmmaker, especially, are done talking about it. In fact, Tarantino is talking about how he may revisit the story for a new project, completely separate from the “Bounty Law” series that he wants to direct. He’s talking about expanding the ‘Once Upon a Time’ story into the world of the printed page.

Speaking on the Pure Cinema Podcast (via IndieWire), Tarantino briefly mentioned a new project that he’s been thinking about, which also ties back into his most recent feature.

“I hadn’t thought about that until recently. But now I’m thinking a lot about it. I might be writing a novelization to ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,’” the filmmaker said.

Obviously, as we’ve seen with other novelizations of films (cough ‘Rise of Skywalker’ cough), the expanded page count allows for a filmmaker to delve a bit deeper into the characters and plot of his film. And considering we know that there are tons of deleted scenes that didn’t make the final cut of the film (but maybe could make it on Netflix), there is a lot of material that Tarantino has lying around that could make for the definitive story of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

Another interesting aspect of this proposed novelization is how the filmmaker would actually be involved in the writing. Often, as with just about every other novelization of a feature film, a third-party writer is hired to take the story and expand on it for the paperback edition. It’s incredibly rare to see a filmmaker actually take the idea of a novelization and use it for his own means of expanding the story.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:22 PM 04-03-2020
Watched this 4 times in the last 8 days on Starz, and love it more every time... none of them were ever more believable
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:58 PM 04-03-2020
Watched this 4 times in the last 8 days on Starz, and love it more every time... none of them were ever more believable
It’s so great. Watched it again Wednesday night and will probably watch it again this weekend
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:45 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It’s so great. Watched it again Wednesday night and will probably watch it again this weekend
I've come to the conclusion that it's probably the best movie of the last 10 years.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:27 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I've come to the conclusion that it's probably the best movie of the last 10 years.
I wouldn’t spend tons of time arguing against you on that.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:37 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Saw this one over the Christmas holidays and thought it was pretty good. As far as Tarantino movies go I'd rate it:

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Inglorious Bastards
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
The rest with the Kill Bill duo fighting for scraps at the bottom of the barrel.

This film would have made the perfect summer pop corn flick at a drive-in with the sunny Hollywood vibe and soundtrack.

7.5 overall.
I’m with you. I rented this a few weeks ago, got bored after 20 minutes and turned it off. Got home from a long hike the other day and this came on Starz, figured maybe I was in the right mood to watch a slow movie.

I kept waiting for the movie to start and an hour in I realized this was it. Some old-school Hollywood homages, Decaprio crying every now and then, Pitt being Pitt, and repeat. The vintage cars were cool and the Bruce Lee scene was funny. Other than that it was Decaprio and Pitt and I never forgot that’s who I was watching. Not the usual characters Tarantino creates. Seemed to go on forever.

2 hours in I got a phone call and haven’t gone back. Just don’t care.

Props to those of you who got something out of it. It’s last on my Tarantino list and I’m a big fan of his, Decaprio’s, and Pitt’s work.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 22
« First < 91516171819 202122 >
Up