ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 270
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's had no problem being aggressive though, so they could have traded up or around for one.

One guy I liked that's looked pretty solid for the Pats this year, Joejohn Williams, would have been an interesting pick but I like the 2nd rounders we've got so far and we'd have had to trade up for him.
He wanted Murphy or Ya-Sin bad. If there were a reasonable trade to be made, I’m pretty sure he would have.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 08-19-2019
The Chiefs CB situation really isn't different from a ton of other teams other than we lack a 1, Marcus Peters not working out really hosed us on that front.
[Reply]
O.city 11:21 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He wanted Murphy or Ya-Sin bad. If there were a reasonable trade to be made, I’m pretty sure he would have.
Check your PMs.
[Reply]
nychief 11:22 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Chiefs CB situation really isn't different from a ton of other teams other than we lack a 1, Marcus Peters not working out really hosed us on that front.

this is true, yet it makes it no less worrisome. I would be shocked if we don't add another vet body at the end of camp and try to PS Miller or Fields.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 08-19-2019
I think Fields could play at some point this year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:26 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
this is true, yet it makes it no less worrisome. I would be shocked if we don't add another vet body at the end of camp and try to PS Miller or Fields.
Here is the issue, you believe there is a veteran option available out there better than Fields at this point. There isn't.

Why do people think there is so much available talent out there at CB and RB?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 08-19-2019
We haven’t passed on one corner in the past 2 drafts that we can look at and say it was a big mistake.

Should’ve went with Jessie Bates over Speaks though.
Carlton Davis would be damn nice to have around right now over Speaks. Maybe Donte Jackson but he's probably a pure slot guy. Maybe Awuzie over K-Pass and definitely Rasul Douglas in 2017.

I won't say there's nothing they could've done differently there - there is. And many folks were high on some of those dudes (Davis and Douglas had fan clubs here, IIRC).

They could've absolutely handled the position better and getting even one of those guys could have been huge. But at the same time, Veach has done a nice job working around what he has. He hasn't been bogged down in trying to force an Amerson to work (though I worry he's gonna get bogged down in trying to force Speaks); he's recognized the problems and tried to address them.

In general, I'd say he's done alright there. The CBs aren't perfect, but they're not a disaster.

It's just MFing hard to play CB in this league right now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:28 AM 08-19-2019
And really with contracts coming or needing consideration for -

Mahomes
Hill
Jones

And paying big money to Watkins, Fisher, Clark, Kelce, and Honey Badger, where do we get the big $ for a CB anyhow?
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Here is the issue, you believe there is a veteran option available out there better than Fields at this point. There isn't.

Why do people think there is so much available talent out there at CB and RB?
The league is stacked with RB talent. It's literally everywhere.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 08-19-2019
If he didn't have to chip in the add'l 2nd he got from the 49ers in that Clark deal (or shell game it into our own 2nd), maybe he had the firepower to get up from the back of the 2nd and get Ya-Sin.

I still think he overpaid there but if Clark proves to be the DPOY candidate the Chiefs claim he can be, it'll be worth it. And if he's that good, the CB situation will be more than adequate.

A lot of the CB situation comes down to how much they gave up to get Clark. Either Clark plays well enough to take the pressure off the CBs or that deal was a clusterfuck.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:30 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The league is stacked with RB talent. It's literally everywhere.
Who am I missing? We aren't talking starters here we are talking potential cuts from other teams. Literally.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:31 AM 08-19-2019
One would have to think Thornhill is going to get some snaps at CB in the dime as well.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 08-19-2019
Who am I missing? We aren't talking starters here we are talking potential cuts from other teams. Literally.
Have to wait and see who gets cut, but most teams are alteast 2 deep in running backs, some teams 3. With all the young guys in the league right now, you could pick one up anytime.

Hell, the Rams grabbed whats his face last year late off the scrap heap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 08-19-2019
There are a ton of fungible backs.

You look at a guy like Justin Jackson; a 7th round afterthought by the Chargers. He's probably capable of running for 1,100 yards with a starting gig. He's nothing special but he's adequate.

Guys like CJ Anderson go unsigned and then run for 150 YPG in the post-season.

I'd say it's dissimilar to CB in that there are a shitload of guys out there who can do the job at a tolerable level and they can be found all over. CB, otoh, has an obvious shortage of NFL caliber players, especially credible starting caliber guys.
[Reply]
O.city 11:35 AM 08-19-2019
DJ, I just posted that. Stop stealing my shit.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 270
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265 > Last »
Up