ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2712 of 3903
« First < 1712221226122662270227082709271027112712 271327142715271627222762281232123712 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I honestly don’t know the answer

I’m pretty pissed we didn’t take the last four months to do as much as possible to figure out the schools issue atleast more than we have

Frustrating
We were pretty darned busy cataloguing Karens, buster.
[Reply]
notorious 09:29 AM 07-25-2020

I’m pretty pissed we didn’t take the last four months to do as much as possible to figure out the schools issue atleast more than we have

Frustrating
In Kansas it has been worked on heavily since March, and we have an excellent plan lined out.

I have a lot of confidence in the KSBA. They have been on point.
[Reply]
Donger 09:30 AM 07-25-2020
https://twitter.com/prof_jtaylor/sta...637573633?s=21

Here’s Florida deaths by date of occurrence
That graph is non-sensical.

Nor does it show deaths from May being counted now.
[Reply]
notorious 09:32 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
we aren't doing any of those things.

In our county 54 percent of students live with their grand parents. What about them? At this point there is no opt out in our district.
JFC!!!

In our district you have the option of distance learning or coming to school. If you come to school you must get a temp reading and wear a mask before entering the doors.

Small, 1A schools have their benefits.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:40 AM 07-25-2020

Frustrating
It is a very tough decision and what is required for schools to keep safe also require large amounts of money they don't have or won't get.

I am also very frustrated about the whole damn thing. There is no reason why this country can't beat back this virus like all the other countries but here we are.
[Reply]
Pants 10:19 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Researchers identify enzyme that helps COVID-19 evade immune system

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020...4101595596610/

July 24 (UPI) -- Researchers announced Friday that they have discovered an enzyme that helps COVID-19 enter cells in the human body, allowing the infection to grow.

Called non-structural protein 16, or nsp16, the enzyme is produced by the new coronavirus and acts as a "camouflage," tricking human cells into thinking that the virus is "part of its own code and not foreign," the scientists said in an article published Friday by the journal Nature Communications.

The hope is that the enzyme will provide a target for antiviral drugs designed to cure COVID-19, they said.

"Our work not only enhances basic understanding of this particular pathway, but it provides an opportunity to develop novel antivirals against COVID-19 and emerging coronaviral illnesses in future," co-author Yogesh Gupta told UPI.

These drugs would "block the growth" of the coronavirus in the human body, said Gupta, an assistant professor of biochemistry and structural biology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.

COVID-19 uses nsp16 to disguise its RNA so that human cells can't distinguish the virus's RNA from its own -- allowing the coronavirus to replicate and spread through the body, Gupta said.

"The virus effectively uses this pathway to go undetected and protect its genetic material, while at the same time continuing to grow inside the host body," he said.

In addition to describing its role in the development of COVID-19, Gupta and his team also defined the 3D structure of nsp16. This information can be used by scientists to design antiviral drugs for the disease, they said.

These new drugs would be designed to block nsp16 from disguising its RNA, meaning the human immune system would see the virus as foreign and attack it, according to the researchers.

The findings by Gupta and his colleagues add to research published by the journal Science on July 17, which suggested that another non-structural protein created by the new coronavirus, nsp1, also might work to block the human body's immune system response.

"Viruses need to evade or counteract the immune system to establish an infection," the co-author of the earlier study, Konstantin M. J. Sparrer, told UPI.

"Normally, any infection would trigger the expression of hundreds of antiviral proteins," said Sparrer, a researcher at the Institute of Molecular Virology at Ulm University Medical Center in Germany.

He said that because of nsp1, the coronavirus "manipulates its host to promote its own replication, shutting down ... the innate immune system in the process."
More proof to my uneducated and ignorant mind that this thing came from a lab.
[Reply]
Fish 10:35 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
More proof to my uneducated and ignorant mind that this thing came from a lab.
The article doesn't really mention anything to support that. Current evidence suggests it's not a lab made virus.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:06 AM 07-25-2020
Yeah I don't quite think it is. You can choose to home school your children so......

I think you just want to bitch regardless
Well I'd like for my kids to be a part of the district their grandpa built...

Every district should give the option. They don't know what's going on in every house...
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 07-25-2020
Serology in Arizona is about 16% now.

Is there something to the “20% burnout” thing hopefully?
[Reply]
petegz28 11:45 AM 07-25-2020
Found out today 3 friends of the family are positive. Problem is none of them ever took a test.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 11:50 AM 07-25-2020
Found out today 3 friends of the family are positive. Problem is none of them ever took a test.

What are the circumstances that lead to this? I assume they were being treated for something different and records are being messed up or something?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:54 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What are the circumstances that lead to this? I assume they were being treated for something different and records are being messed up or something?
:-)

Don't be a coward and just call out pete for being a liar.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:55 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
One was in line to get tested and left. The other 2 not sure but neither ever went to a doctor or test facility. Just got letters in the mail I guess.

[Reply]
petegz28 11:57 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)

Don't be a coward and just call out pete for being a liar.
I hope that is sarcastic.

[Reply]
lewdog 12:03 PM 07-25-2020
One was in line to get tested and left. The other 2 not sure but neither ever went to a doctor or test facility. Just got letters in the mail I guess.

Mailing results without a request huh?

Lol
[Reply]
Page 2712 of 3903
« First < 1712221226122662270227082709271027112712 271327142715271627222762281232123712 > Last »
Up