ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

dirk digler 10:23 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
We have quite a few non-Chiefs fans who are valuable contributors. We’ve always welcomed fans from other teams here if they follow the rules.
Of course but if they only post in DC and are a non-Chief fan they aren't a valuable contributor.
OnTheWarpath15 10:24 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Of course but if they only post in DC and are a non-Chief fan they aren't a valuable contributor.
Amen.
htismaqe 10:24 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Not sure how 30-40 people would be a “large segment” but ok.
30-40 vocal opponents is large enough to cause a lot of problems for mods. That's what I meant by a "large segment".
OnTheWarpath15 10:26 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
30-40 vocal opponents is large enough to cause a lot of problems for mods. That's what I meant by a "large segment".
I’m sorry, but that’s bullshit.

Letting 30-40 out of 10k rule the roost is ridiculous.
WhiteWhale 10:26 PM 10-08-2020
Most of the non chief fan exclusives to DC are pure shit posters.

Its addition by subtraction.
St. Patty's Fire 10:26 PM 10-08-2020
Not sure how 30-40 people would be a “large segment” but ok.
Look at like this: 30-40 is relatively a small group of people, but imagine having 30-40 people all pissed off at you in particular, and spamming you with messages, constantly whining etc etc

Pretty taxing really
OnTheWarpath15 10:27 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Look at like this: 30-40 is relatively a small group of people, but imagine having 30-40 people all pissed off at you in particular, and spamming you with messages, constantly whining etc etc

Pretty taxing really
Or you miserable user their ass and move on.
OnTheWarpath15 10:28 PM 10-08-2020
This really isn’t that difficult, no one has the balls to make the decision.
srvy 10:28 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Without going into the Mod Lounge and digging deep, I would say roughly 65/35 Lounge-DC. With that said, a lot of the reports were coming as a result of the Lounge Covid thread.
This is why that thread needed to be booted to DC or Romper Room where it belonged. It was going to be politically charged, even a dead man could have seen it.
htismaqe 10:28 PM 10-08-2020
I’m sorry, but that’s bullshit.

Letting 30-40 out of 10k rule the roost is ridiculous.
There aren't 10K active members here. It's a lot smaller than you think, more like 250-300 maybe less.

40 people is a lot. Furthermore, I never said anything about allowing them to rule the roost.

I said no matter what decision a mod makes, somebody is going to be mad at them. Doesn't mean the mod has to let them win but it's still trying and taxing to have that many people acting like children because they didn't get their way.
St. Patty's Fire 10:29 PM 10-08-2020
I’m with you but I get why it’s a fucking pain in the ass lol
patteeu 10:29 PM 10-08-2020
Like who? And just for fun, choose your example from the members who generally agree with you politically.
htismaqe 10:30 PM 10-08-2020
That type of moderation isn't popular even if people agree with the sentiment.

Trust me, I've been there. Even some of the most despised posters have had their perceived enemies take their side when it appears they've been a victim of "mod abuse".
Bwana 10:31 PM 10-08-2020

MU is not a choice at this point unfortunately, it went away. Forced Lurkers however, is still in place, but I've only used that once. Pretty much the choices are getting romper treatment, or getting banned.
dirk digler 10:31 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
For the record, I have two forums I frequent: this one, and a hockey message board.

The hockey board completely bans all political topics. This has been a ****ing godsend in a time like this, IMO. And I’m not a person who just avoids politics; I’m very active in discussions like that. But when I visit my hockey message board, or football message board, I just want these type of discussions to go away. I can’t spend 24/7 thinking about the shit thats happening in this country right now; it’s draining, and tiresome. A place like this is supposed to be an escape from all that. And in the past, even though a lot of y’all are on the opposite end of the spectrum as I am, I’ve been able to completely avoid stuff like that for the most part, and just mingle as a fellow Chiefs fan. It’s getting harder and harder though, as I said, and it sucks because I truly love this forum, especially since I live on the east coast and don’t have any actual Chiefs fan friendship. Hell, I barely know anyone who watches any football, let alone to the level I do.

I know, different forums, different philosophies, different circumstances, etc. And I get that this is something that was borne a long time ago. But I think it may be time to come up with some sort of solution or compromise, because I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

That’s just my two cents. I know I’m a relative n00b on this forum but like I said I love being here and hate wanting to distance myself. Trying to post in the Chiefs subreddit just depressed the **** out of me because this place is so much better, warts and all.
You aren't the only one that feels that way because I do.

I don't find it hard to see or talks politics in everything like others do. I can watch the NBA and not be outraged or offended. Same thing with the NFL. I don't get it but certain people seem to want to be outraged 24x7.
Page 46 of 57
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up