ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Netflix - Crime Scenes Dissapearance at the Cecil Hotel
InChiefsHeaven 08:07 PM 02-21-2021
A case study in the culture of Internet Sleuths and how people just don't have all the information needed to know the truth...and how conspiracy theories can go right down the rat hole:

EDIT: It's the Vanishing not the Dissaperance
[Reply]
lcarus 10:38 AM 02-22-2021
I watched this and it was worth watching. I watched a few videos on this case back when it happened so I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't already know. I do think Don't Fuck With Cats was better. I knew very little about that case.

As far as internet sleuth shows, The Killing Season is also good. It was on A&E and I believe there were 8 episodes. It's mostly about the Long Island Serial Killer and serial killers who prey on online prostitutes.
[Reply]
DrRyan 11:08 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
Exactly. The last hour plus was just worthless. Basically boiled down to "there was a language barrier between the maintenance guy, the hatch actually was open." Sad story, girl had bipolor, medication issues but IMO nothing warranting a 4 hour series being made about it. Wish I would have stuck to my gut feeling that that would be the outcome and bailed early.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:52 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
They turned a 10 minute clickbait youtube video into a four part series with hours of pointless content. The whole thing could have been boiled down into one hour. I was underwhelmed.
I made it through the first episode and that was my impression as well. Seems like it was about a third useful content and two-thirds useless bullshit.

No desire to keep watching.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:10 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
To a point. KCUnited summed it up perfectly - starts out great, then dissolves into a story of people obsessed with the story.
May check it out some rainy day during the off season. But doesn’t sound like it’s going on my “must see” list.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:10 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Agreed. Which is why I called it a case study in Internet Sleuths. I also agree that this could have been probably 2 episodes instead of 4, and the last episode was complete filler and unnecessary.

But, I still enjoyed it on the whole. It's a fascinating story about the place itself, it's history and some of it's nefarious tenants. I've never heard of the place, but I guess it's quite infamous.
On the whole, preparation H feels good!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up