ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Where is the cheapest and best place to get Microsoft Office?
Chief Roundup 03:02 PM 01-13-2021
I am needing Microsoft Office that has Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. all included. I found on Microsoft.com that it is $149. Surely there has to be a cheaper deal that that.
Also I have seen there is a Microsoft Office 365. It is only like $35.00 and comes with more than just the main 3 programs.
I am not sure which to purchase and why a person would purchase one over the other. Trying to make the best purchase.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:30 PM 02-17-2021
Is Chrome an OS?

I mean think about it
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:32 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Is Chrome an OS?

I mean think about it
Yeah, it's based on Gentoo Linux.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:01 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Returning to this, Microsoft 365 is a no brainer if you have people you want to share your subscription with. I finally decided to migrate from Dropbox. I hadn't realized that you get SIX accounts for $100/year, and those six accounts can each install it on 5 devices. Granted most people won't actually install it that many places, but in theory that's 30 installs of Office and 6TB of storage for $100.

I've shared it with my brother, parents, and grandparents who all had Dropbox subscriptions. As a group, we all just got a discount of $300 a year and got Office for free.
Just got this with my new work tablet. Pretty cheap.
[Reply]
scho63 12:58 PM 02-19-2021
I once bought a CLONED MS Office version bootleg and it worked for about 3-4 months until an update and then it was all screwed up and I went to Office 365.

Never have to buy updates or worry about the latest or greatest.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:35 PM 02-19-2021
Another interesting tangent...

Microsoft plans on releasing Microsoft Office 2021 later this year. Yep, they're going to sell standalone versions of Office again.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:32 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Another interesting tangent...

Microsoft plans on releasing Microsoft Office 2021 later this year. Yep, they're going to sell standalone versions of Office again.
They never stopped, and I don't think they plan to. They're heavily pushing people to MS365, but they're basically taking snapshot versions every couple of years and selling them without a subscription.

Here's a link to buy Office 2019 if anyone really wants it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...mplate-eri5pno
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:35 PM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They never stopped, and I don't think they plan to. They're heavily pushing people to MS365, but they're basically taking snapshot versions every couple of years and selling them without a subscription.

Here's a link to buy Office 2019 if anyone really wants it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...mplate-eri5pno
Yeah my accountant has it as part of her saas program (which sucks, stand-alone would be way better). But it has to be a version. I’m sure that’s a primary reason
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up