ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 69
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:29 PM 09-23-2020
I really don't think the Hawkeye TV series had much to do with the choice to kill Black Widow. By killing off Black Widow they gave up arguably their most popular female character, and the multiple movies they could have potentially made centering around her.

I think they chose Black Widow because they felt it was the right choice for Endgame as a film, in and of itself.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:41 PM 09-23-2020
Do we know ScarJo's input on this? Was she wanting to get away from the MCU to avoid being "pigeonholed" as an actress?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:18 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I really don't think the Hawkeye TV series had much to do with the choice to kill Black Widow. By killing off Black Widow they gave up arguably their most popular female character, and the multiple movies they could have potentially made centering around her.

I think they chose Black Widow because they felt it was the right choice for Endgame as a film, in and of itself.
I mean they are just using the Black Widow movie to introduce the Yelena Belova Black Widow to take over for Natasha.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:55 AM 09-24-2020
https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonth.../#575af265174d

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Talks ‘Misbehaviour’ And Returning To Work On ‘Loki’ For Disney+

Life is starting to return to somewhere near normal for Mbatha-Raw, who is now back at work filming the upcoming Marvel TV series, Loki, for Disney+ in Atlanta, Georgia.

“I was in the middle of filming when the pandemic happened, so I had a real break, I’ve been painting and reading. Like so many others, I was at home for a long time,” she said. “Not to make light of the suffering going on, but in some ways, it has been an opportunity for me to get a fresh perspective on things. It is downtime that perhaps I might not have had, and now I’m thankful to be back to work. It’s been a journey for everyone, but it’s all for a greater reason and the greater good.”

Did Mbatha-Raw use the downtime to rebinge the multibillion-dollar Marvel movie back catalog? She laughed, “I’d already watched a lot of them. I got Disney+ when I got the job, so I binged a lot of it then.”

“I’m obviously sworn to secrecy about everything to do with Loki, but it feels great to be back. Everyone is trying to do it as safely as possible under the circumstances, and it feels good. I’m excited. It’s a lot of fun, and I can’t wait to
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 09-25-2020
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nic...us-1234782313/

Samuel L. Jackson to Play Nick Fury in New Marvel Disney Plus Series (EXCLUSIVE)

The exact plot details of the show are being kept under wraps, but multiple sources say Jackson is attached to star with Kyle Bradstreet attached to write and executive produce. Like all the other Marvel shows at Disney Plus, Marvel Studios will produce.

Jackson famously portrayed Fury, the monocular head of the clandestine government agency S.H.I.E.L.D, in the Marvel Cinematic Universe going back to the post-credits scene in the first “Iron Man” film in 2008. He has appeared in multiple films within the MCU since, most recently portraying Fury in “Spider-Man: Far from Home,” “Avengers: Endgame,” and “Captain Marvel.” He also played the character in two episodes of the ABC series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” SPOILER ALERT: The last time fans saw Fury was in the post-credits scene of “Far From Home,” where he was onboard a Skrull ship somewhere in deep space.

Bradstreet most recently worked as a writer and executive producer on the Emmy-winning USA Network series “Mr. Robot.” His other credits include “Borgia,” “Berlin Station,” and “Copper.”

Should the project go to series — which seems highly likely — it would be the latest big budget Marvel show to get the greenlight at Disney Plus from Kevin Feige’s Marvel Studios. “WandaVision” is supposed to drop later this year, with “The Falcon and Winter Soldier” and “Loki” on deck for 2021. It was also recently reported that Tatiana Maslany is attached to star in the “She-Hulk” series in the works at the streamer.

Other Marvel shows in the works include “Hawkeye,” “Moon Knight,” and “Ms. Marvel.”
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:30 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Plus, he murdered scores of people after The Snap, yet he'll never serve a day in prison. To me, that's just stupid.
You get a mulligan when you save half of creation.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:47 PM 09-26-2020
Also I don't think anyone outside the Avengers knows he was Ronin, and I expect the Hawkeye show will deal with the fallout from that to some degree. There was a arc in the Hawkeye comic they could draw from, where Hawkeye had to stop a tape of himself killing people from getting out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:54 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Also I don't think anyone outside the Avengers knows he was Ronin, and I expect the Hawkeye show will deal with the fallout from that to some degree. There was a arc in the Hawkeye comic they could draw from, where Hawkeye had to stop a tape of himself killing people from getting out.
Okay, now THIS sounds like a cool concept.

If the show's main theme is Hawkeye running for his life, trying to avoid the families of people he murdered as Ronin during The Snap, while preparing Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye, I'd be fully into the series.

But a guy that shoots bows and arrows without any super powers just sounds lame to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:55 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You get a mulligan when you save half of creation.
Maybe from some people but not to those whose families he murdered as Ronin.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:01 PM 09-26-2020
Maybe from some people but not to those whose families he murdered as Ronin.
He was murdering career criminals, it’s strongly underlined.

Not excusing it, but you weigh that against his contribution in saving half the planet and yeah, mulligan.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:14 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
He was murdering career criminals, it’s strongly underlined.

Not excusing it, but you weigh that against his contribution in saving half the planet and yeah, mulligan.
Not to the Japanese criminal underworld or the Mexican Cartels.

The one question I hope that is resolved, in either the TV series or upcoming movies, is this: What happened to the world when 4 billion people suddenly return from the dead?

5 years is a LONG time for people, many of whom have moved on from their previous lives, met and married other people and have started new families.

What happens when dear old Dad shows up to his house in which his wife is married to another man and has borne his children?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:19 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Very excited to see who gets cast. Very excited for this character and show. Never saw bad boys for life
https://deadline.com/2020/09/iman-ve...us-1234587969/

Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus

EXCLUSIVE: After a long and hard search, Marvel has found its Ms. Marvel. The studio is tapping newcomer Iman Vellani to star in its Disney+ series based on the comic-book character. Marvel and the streamer recently named Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon as directors on the project.

Ms. Marvel hails from writer Bisha K. Ali and centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen based in New Jersey. Ms. Marvel first appeared in 2014 as Marvel’s first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios’ first onscreen Muslim hero. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will be included in future Marvel films.

The plan always was to stay true to the character in finding the right actress to play the role, even if it meant offering a person that was not well known to the public.

Marvel and Disney+ have been hard at work setting up their development slate in recent weeks by not only setting Tatiana Maslany to lead its She-Hulk but also giving Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character his own series. The studio also announced that WandaVision would be the first show to premiere on the streamer later this year.

Although this marks Vellani’s first major Hollywood production, she already has made tries to help diversify the industry. At the 2019 Toronto Film Festival, she was part of the Next Wave Committee, which was tasked with adding a special tag to films — already programmed into other categories — which they believed would resonate with their peers.

----
Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter, so this could be super entertaining and creative.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:06 PM 09-30-2020
Okay, now THIS sounds like a cool concept.

If the show's main theme is Hawkeye running for his life, trying to avoid the families of people he murdered as Ronin during The Snap, while preparing Kate Bishop as the new Hawkeye, I'd be fully into the series.

But a guy that shoots bows and arrows without any super powers just sounds lame to me.
I mean in the comics he has all sorts of devices on his arrows and is a pretty skilled sleight of hand and con artist.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:49 AM 10-01-2020
https://deadline.com/2020/09/iman-ve...us-1234587969/

Newcomer Iman Vellani To Play Title Role In Marvel’s ‘Ms. Marvel’ Series For Disney Plus

EXCLUSIVE: After a long and hard search, Marvel has found its Ms. Marvel. The studio is tapping newcomer Iman Vellani to star in its Disney+ series based on the comic-book character. Marvel and the streamer recently named Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon as directors on the project.

Ms. Marvel hails from writer Bisha K. Ali and centers on Kamala Khan, a Pakistani-American teen based in New Jersey. Ms. Marvel first appeared in 2014 as Marvel’s first Muslim character to star in her own title, and she will become Marvel Studios’ first onscreen Muslim hero. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has said that in addition to appearing on the small screen, Kamala Khan will be included in future Marvel films.

The plan always was to stay true to the character in finding the right actress to play the role, even if it meant offering a person that was not well known to the public.

Marvel and Disney+ have been hard at work setting up their development slate in recent weeks by not only setting Tatiana Maslany to lead its She-Hulk but also giving Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character his own series. The studio also announced that WandaVision would be the first show to premiere on the streamer later this year.

Although this marks Vellani’s first major Hollywood production, she already has made tries to help diversify the industry. At the 2019 Toronto Film Festival, she was part of the Next Wave Committee, which was tasked with adding a special tag to films — already programmed into other categories — which they believed would resonate with their peers.

----
Ms. Marvel is a shapeshifter, so this could be super entertaining and creative.
So this is going to be a kids show? It says she is 18, but looks more like 15.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:54 AM 10-01-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So this is going to be a kids show? It says she is 18, but looks more like 15.
I don't know much about the character but apparently, she becomes an Avenger at some point and will appear in Phase 5 feature films.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 69
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up