ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 153
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Valiant 05:00 PM 12-05-2020
I wonder with her deal if disney will be an ongoing story arc for thrawn. Starts in mandolorian with the build up. Arc ends in mandolorian and continues in a new show. Maybe with a live action rebels with more thrawn. Then ends in a ashoka centric show. Think of marvel's defenders.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12-05-2020, 05:00 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
Deberg_1990 05:03 PM 12-05-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:04 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:07 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I heard late last week that the Ahsoka episode was their most viewed episode to date. And then I think the next day Rosario Dawson's 3 film deal came out. Coincidence? .....
I'll check around this week to see if I can find real confirmation of this deal but most of the people I know are gearing down for the holidays so I wouldn't expect to find out much.

I think it makes more sense for Ahsoka to have signed a TV deal in which she'll appear in the Rogue One Series as Fulcrum (which ramps up early next month) and probably even the Obi Wan series. But I find it a bit difficult to imagine a three picture deal at this point in time because the only films that are currently in solid development are Kevin Fiege's, Taika's and a film by "newcomers".

From my understanding, they're wanting these new films to appear in a different timeline than the Skywalker saga, so that pretty much rules out Ahsoka, unless there's new info available that I haven't heard about yet, which could certainly be the case.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:40 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:36 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12-05-2020, 10:08 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief.
BigRedChief 10:12 PM 12-05-2020
I’ve not watched the rebels or clone wars.

Did Gorgu exist in the Star Wars universe before the Mandolarian? Because I’ve never heard that name. This is 5 years after the fall of the empire, right? So does that mean since he’s new to us, Gorgu didn’t exist in canon before, he’s supposed to die or they changed the canon?

Not asking for spoilers. If there are spoilers. Just wanting to know the speculation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Did Gorgu exist in the Star Wars universe before the Mandolarian? Because I’ve never heard that name. This is 5 years after the fall of the empire, right? So does that mean since he’s new to us, Gorgu didn’t exist in canon before, he’s supposed to die or they changed the canon?

Not asking for spoilers. If there are spoilers. Just wanting to know the speculation.
If you're asking whether or not the character of Grogu has been mentioned or appeared in "Legends" (the old EU), video games or the new Expanded Universe, the answer is "No".

All we know about his past has been via Ahsoka Tano's exposition and the hologram transmission from Dr. Pershing.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:30 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I was looking for a timeline earlier to compare ages of notable characters, to see what the characters might look like right now. I couldn't find the image I had seen before but I did find an article with a timeline:

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace – 32 BBY
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones – 22 BBY
The Clone Wars – 22 BBY-19 BBY
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – 19 BBY
Solo: A Star Wars Story – 13 BBY – 10 BBY
Star Wars Rebels – 5 BBY – 1 BBY
A New Hope – 0 BBY
The Empire Strikes Back – 3 ABY
Return of the Jedi – 4 ABY
The Mandalorian – 9 ABY
Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 34 ABY
Star Wars: The Last Jedi – 34 ABY
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – 35 ABY

BY refers to the Battle of Yavin, the first attack on the Death Star. Not a whole lot of Jedi content in the Sequel Trilogy that would point to Grogru. I haven't heard the name before but I really only watched the movies and this TV show. I want to say that Grogru is still pretty young but then Ahsoka made it sound like he had already spent a lot of time in training, so...I think they have free reign with the character.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:32 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I was looking for a timeline earlier to compare ages of notable characters, to see what the characters might look like right now. I couldn't find the image I had seen before but I did find an article with a timeline
By all accounts, Grogu was born the same year as Anakin Skywalker, so he's somewhere around 50 years old at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:33 PM 12-05-2020
If you're asking whether or not the character of Grogu has been mentioned or appeared in "Legends" (the old EU), video games or the new Expanded Universe, the answer is "No".

All we know about his past has been via Ahsoka Tano's exposition and the hologram transmission from Dr. Pershing.
so he’s new to everyone. Since we have never heard of him. That means he was never worth mentioning or he was dead. So again, not worth mentioning. We were told stories. This is how it happened. These people did the deeds in the stories. He’s not mentioned.

What am I missing here?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:59 PM 12-05-2020
By all accounts, Grogu was born the same year as Anakin Skywalker, so he's somewhere around 50 years old at this point.
Huh. OK. I wonder if his kind is supposed to be very long lived and so they enjoy an extended childhood, retaining the mental flexibility necessary to become strong force users. But also Ahsoka mentioned that they could share thoughts. If he has been in training in that environment for decades then it's possible that he never really developed verbal skills because he never needed them. Also she mentioned that he faced substantial negative reaction to him using force powers so a form of PTSD could have set in.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Spoiler!
The show is 5 years after Jedi. He wore the armor for 25 years IIRC. So he’s had to start over essentially. But yeah.

Originally Posted by listopencil:
Huh. OK. I wonder if his kind is supposed to be very long lived and so they enjoy an extended childhood, retaining the mental flexibility necessary to become strong force users. But also Ahsoka mentioned that they could share thoughts. If he has been in training in that environment for decades then it's possible that he never really developed verbal skills because he never needed them. Also she mentioned that he faced substantial negative reaction to him using force powers so a form of PTSD could have set in.
Yeah. Yoda was 700 or something.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:54 PM 12-05-2020
Spoiler!

Also

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:07 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The show is 5 years after Jedi. He wore the armor for 25 years IIRC.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 75 of 153
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Up