ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 153
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:51 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
100% in agreement.

He's a phenomenal actor, whether it's his own show in Justified or in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood or the Netflix program with Drew Barrymore.

The dude has the "It" factor.
The scene in Once Upon where he is low key rubbing Leo's nose in his failures is one of the best scenes in the whole movie
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:53 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Huh. Didn’t know about the Vanderbilt stuff.

I guess that makes his down home acting in Justified all that much better LOL.

I haven’t ever heard of him being a choad like Cruise or anything. Doesn’t really change much in the way I view him.

Dane have you heard anything about him being an asshole?
I have never, ever heard a cross word about him and by all accounts, he's a great guy who's been married to his non-Hollywood wife for nearly 30 years.

I don't think that nepotism is really the correct word but if you look at the names of people working today, whether it's as an actor, producer, director, composer, et al, it's easy to see the same names over and over again.

"Connected" people have a distinct advantage over "outsiders", not only because of their family name and connections but due to the proper education and exposure that helps them to succeed. For example, if your Dad is a producer or director or actor, he'll know exactly which program and/or professors at USC, UCLA or NYU are best suited for your abilities, which is why so many of these graduates find work before they graduate.

The Vanderbilt's have always been connected and I think that it's common knowledge that Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt as well.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:18 PM 02-13-2021
I'm guessing that James Vanderbilt has that lineage as well? Man. Nothing can hold up against generational wealth.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:30 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm guessing that James Vanderbilt has that lineage as well? Man. Nothing can hold up against generational wealth.
Having a big fat trust fund and connections at the highest levels must be a glorious thing

But its definitely cool to know that Olyphant doesn't live his life like a spoiled douche, as so many trust fund babies are known to do
[Reply]
Jamie 03:44 PM 02-13-2021
Even setting connections aside, it's a huge advantage just to have a family that can pay for acting school and financially support you in the early part of your career.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:51 PM 02-13-2021
I have never, ever heard a cross word about him and by all accounts, he's a great guy who's been married to his non-Hollywood wife for nearly 30 years.

I don't think that nepotism is really the correct word but if you look at the names of people working today, whether it's as an actor, producer, director, composer, et al, it's easy to see the same names over and over again.

"Connected" people have a distinct advantage over "outsiders", not only because of their family name and connections but due to the proper education and exposure that helps them to succeed. For example, if your Dad is a producer or director or actor, he'll know exactly which program and/or professors at USC, UCLA or NYU are best suited for your abilities, which is why so many of these graduates find work before they graduate.

The Vanderbilt's have always been connected and I think that it's common knowledge that Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt as well.
Good to know.

No argument from me about connections. As a guy that doesn’t have very many, I get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:29 PM 02-13-2021
I think that it's common knowledge that Anderson Cooper is a Vanderbilt as well.
:-)

God I hate that douche even more now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 02-14-2021
But the dude is a Vanderbilt. He didn't have to parlay or "fight" for anything. He was born wealthy, handsome and with privilege.
Isnt Anderson Cooper a direct descendant of the Vanderbilt's too?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 PM 02-14-2021
Good to know.

No argument from me about connections. As a guy that doesn’t have very many, I get it.
I did the ancestry thing. My Dad to his Dad to his Dad etc. signed the Declaration of Independence. One of the richest men in America before he supported the revolution. The British took it all. So my bloodline was something 250 years ago.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:44 PM 02-15-2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:58 PM 02-15-2021
I've tried to stay out of the political stuff with regards to Carano's firing, and I may have missed someone posting the following, but I think this merits inclusion in the thread.

Gina Carano Reveals Disney And Lucasfilm Tried To Force Her To Apologize for Improper Pronouns https://t.co/UTkyZwiojM

— Jack Posobiec ���� (@JackPosobiec) February 16, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 AM 02-16-2021
Huh. Didn’t know about the Vanderbilt stuff.

I guess that makes his down home acting in Justified all that much better LOL.

I haven’t ever heard of him being a choad like Cruise or anything. Doesn’t really change much in the way I view him.

Dane have you heard anything about him being an asshole?
Justified might be my all-time favorite show. He, and the others, were simply amazing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I've tried to stay out of the political stuff with regards to Carano's firing, and I may have missed someone posting the following, but I think this merits inclusion in the thread.

Decidedly different from Disney's narrative.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:59 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Decidedly different from Disney's narrative.
Truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:39 PM 02-16-2021
@getFANDOM: Report: Cara Dune is expected to be recast

(via @THR | http://bit.ly/3rZWZBk) https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...181057/photo/1
[Reply]
Page 122 of 153
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up