ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 153
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:34 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
As a guy that’s been disillusioned in a job, it is certainly possible.
I hope that is the case; that's she's earned enough in the past/through royalties/wise investments that she can get by without it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:39 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I highly doubt that happened. His views are acceptable.
Yeah, I have no idea. I’m not on Twitter so I don’t know if he’s continued to post that stuff or just what.

My life is pretty far removed from their life. And that’s good for me. LOL
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:29 PM 02-11-2021
Someone else just told me that Disney had planned to announce Carano as the lead role in the new Disney+ Star Wars series Rangers of the New Republic at the Investor's Meeting in December, in which 10 new Star Wars and multiple Marvel series were announced.

But since Carano continued to post inflammatory posts on Parler, they held off in order to ask her, once again, to refrain from posting inflammatory remarks.

Last night's Tweet was the straw that broke the camel's back.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:02 PM 02-11-2021
I havent been following any of this Carino stuff....

But IMO she was the weakest part of the show and shes not a very good actress.
[Reply]
notorious 05:02 PM 02-11-2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:15 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I havent been following any of this Carino stuff....

But IMO she was the weakest part of the show and shes not a very good actress.
Yeah, she's alright. Always thought she was hot as a fighter. Not surprised they gave her multiple chances. Stupid to throw away a golden ticket like that. Whatever
[Reply]
Bowser 06:20 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Either kicked or hit I believe.

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:21 PM 02-11-2021
Not sure I'll even notice she's gone, tbh. Such a minor role.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:22 PM 02-11-2021
Gina Carano Rehired By Disney After She Identifies As An Abusive Male Director

BURBANK, CA—Disney has apologized to Gina Carano and rehired her after she announced today that she identifies as a problematic, abusive, toxic male director.

"I'm not a Republican actress -- I'm actually a toxic, abusive, gaslighting director of many popular shows and films over the years," Carano said. "I am finally ready to come out of the closet and live my truth."

Disney's response was immediate, as the company profusely apologized and hired her back.

"We are so sorry to Ms. Carano for firing her -- we did not realize she was actually a sexually abusive male director trapped in a woman's body," said a Disney spokesperson. "We applaud her for coming to terms with her true identity and choosing to live her brave new life as a studio executive who does problematic things to women all the time without any repercussions."

Immediately after the announcement, she was rehired and put in charge of the entire Marvel franchise.

https://babylonbee.com/news/gina-car...-male-director
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:24 PM 02-11-2021
I don't think we need bullshit parody articles posted on here, but whatever.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:26 PM 02-11-2021
Freedom of speech....right up until you piss off the woke mob. Then it's derogatory, inflammatory, racist, mean, etc etc etc......

But, that said, if she was fully aware of her employer repeatedly asking her to stop what she's doing and chooses not to stop what she's doing....well......

Disney firing her can be viewed as insubordination on her part, but her talent agency? They just don't want to be hunted down by the online woke mob, which is some weak bullshit imo.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:27 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Disney firing her can be viewed as insubordination on her part, but her talent agency? They just don't want to be hunted down by the online woke mob, which is some weak bullshit imo.
Nah, it had nothing to do with the mob and everything to do with UTA's other clients who don't want to be associated her.

Disney+ broke more of their own records last year and as of December, had 95 million customers, a number that far exceeded the 60 million subs that were projected for 2023.

As I stated earlier, Disney wasn't going to die on that hill.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:28 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Disposable side character. S1 she was used more.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:33 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Ultimately, this. She was good for what she was asked to do, but she really was a wooden actor and can likely be replaced quite easily, if not glossed over. The Rangers series might be a little more tricky now, though.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:43 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Nah, it had nothing to do with the mob and everything to do with UTA's other clients who don't want to be associated her.

Disney+ broke more of their own records last year and as of December, had 95 million customers, a number that far exceeded the 60 million subs that were projected for 2023.

As I stated earlier, Disney wasn't going to die on that hill.
You can’t possibly believe this :-)

News flash:

Those other clients are pretty much part of the mob. They’re all part of the same woke cult.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 153
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up