ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 50
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sounds like he is an a-hole of the first order. Didn't see anything sexual being alleged, so he can likely recover from it. Maybe.

I'd say his recent flops are more damning to him than the behavior.
He may not be involved in the #MeToo reckoning but studios, agents and actors will no longer tolerate that kind of behavior, so I think it'll be a while, if ever, before he does any Topline work again.

It's one thing when a guy like Ray Fisher, who's basically a complete unknown, hurls nasty allegations towards Whedon but it's something completely different when Charisma Carpenter and Sarah Michelle Gellar make allegations, especially when they're backed by all-around good guy, David Boreanaz.

Whedon's had a crazy successful run but that's come to an end. And no offense, it's quite clear that people outside of the industry have a different view of what's a success and what's not successful at the box office because Whedon has definitely had fairly massive success.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:02 PM 02-18-2021
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4IRgofdXUd5ThV86FkCTus

Deborah Snyder says there are 2,650 new VFX shots in Justice League.

“If you think about it, about how much extra time that is, and then you think about how visual effects-heavy these superhero films are, we had to do, in six months, 2,650-some-odd visual effects shots. Normally, when you do these movies, what happens is, as you’re shooting, you start turning over shots. Listen, we had a lot of assets built, but I think the way the theatrical release was done, they changed a lot of things.

Through the process, as we were working on the movie, [there were] some of the things they wanted Zack to change, some of the designs of the characters. So, we want back to the original intention, of Zack’s intention, in terms of the characters and had to rebuild those models. But then there were just so many shots to do. Visual effects [people] wanted a year to get it done, and [WB] said, ‘We’ll do it, but we want it by the end of March.’ I think it was the beginning of March actually. And we were like, ‘Okay! We’re just going to figure it out!'”

"We literally shot one scene, like one additional [scene]. I shot three days here. That’s it. That what we captured’.”

Said scene is reportedly the infamous Knightmare scene teased in “Batman v. Superman” and required the return of Ben Affleck, Ezra Miller, Amber Heard and Jared Leto. Miller shot his scenes by remote as he was in the UK working on “Fantastic Beasts” at the time.

Zack Snyder has revealed on his Vero account that he is working on a black and white version of the film he calls the “Justice is Gray” version. A first taste of Junkie XL’s score for the new cut can be heard here. He also revealed to Minutemen he’s working on a reimagining of the Arthurian legend. Finally, check out a fun segment below on the upcoming new cut.
------------

So the new scene has been edited to around 4 minutes of screen time but I'd imagine they shot quite a bit more. But 2,650 VFX shots weren't cheap and probably cost somewhere around $40-50 million in total, which meant they spent somewhere around $20 million for those additional 4 minutes of screen time.

Ouch.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:03 PM 02-18-2021
I’ll probably pay for HBO Max for a month just so I can watch this.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:06 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ll probably pay for HBO Max for a month just so I can watch this.
You should probably be able to get it at a discounted rate through Hulu or Amazon Prime or your TV provider. I'm paying only $7.50 a month through Spectrum.

On a side note, now I finally understand why so many people have been disappointed or even upset about the DC Live Action movies because just last week, my kids and I have begun watching the animated DC on HBO Max and damn, there's some really, really good content with stories and storylines that are way better than anything DC hasproduced since The Dark Knight Rises, IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:09 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You should probably be able to get it at a discounted rate through Hulu or Amazon Prime or your TV provider. I'm paying only $7.50 a month through Spectrum.

On a side note, now I finally understand why so many people have been disappointed or even upset about the DC Live Action movies because just last week, my kids and I have begun watching the animated DC on HBO Max and damn, there's some really, really good content with stories and storylines that are way better than anything DC has done since The Dark Knight Rises, IMO.
My kids are all Marvel. The only thing DC that they’ll watch is Teen Titans Go.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My kids are all Marvel. The only thing DC that they’ll watch is Teen Titans Go.
My kids are as well but I got them into DC by showing them the Lego DC movies in order and now, they're into it.

It's similar to how I got them into Star Wars, which was through The Clone Wars and Rebels series.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:59 PM 02-18-2021
He may not be involved in the #MeToo reckoning but studios, agents and actors will no longer tolerate that kind of behavior, so I think it'll be a while, if ever, before he does any Topline work again.

It's one thing when a guy like Ray Fisher, who's basically a complete unknown, hurls nasty allegations towards Whedon but it's something completely different when Charisma Carpenter and Sarah Michelle Gellar make allegations, especially when they're backed by all-around good guy, David Boreanaz.

Whedon's had a crazy successful run but that's come to an end. And no offense, it's quite clear that people outside of the industry have a different view of what's a success and what's not successful at the box office because Whedon has definitely had fairly massive success.
Relative flops as compared to his bigger hits.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:29 PM 02-18-2021
Relative flops as compared to his bigger hits.
Dude, if a film breaks even, it's not a "flop" and if it earns at the Box Office, it's a "Win".

Studios are actually completely fine with breaking even because the content will live forever.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:37 PM 02-18-2021
Yeah, he's probably going to have to wait a couple of years and then do the "I'm better now" interview. And even then his ceiling is probably TV showrunner, I doubt he'll ever direct a tentpole movie again.

Originally Posted by :
The thing that bothers me is that none of the accusations other than Charisma's have been more specific than 'he's an asshole', and the Charisma story has been publicly known for years (and while Whedon handled it badly by all accounts, there is more context from his side of it). SMG and Boreanaz's statements were really more statements of support for Charisma than calling out Whedon.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:47 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
SMG and Boreanaz's statements were really more statements of support for Charisma than calling out Whedon.
The fact that both Gellar and Boreanaz publicly supported Charisma Carpenter was all that needed to be said.

Many of the Justice League actors have openly supported Fisher's grievance with both Warners and Whedon which indicates that whatever happened to him on set was witnessed by others as well.

In addition to former cast members and actors, his wife has totally trashed him publicly, so I'm guessing it'll be a long, long time before he's given a real budget for either a series or film.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:54 PM 02-19-2021
Dude, if a film breaks even, it's not a "flop" and if it earns at the Box Office, it's a "Win".

Studios are actually completely fine with breaking even because the content will live forever.
Sure, if you aren't a fan. If a movie sucks, or is drastically worse than expected it is fact a flop for the people who actually watch the movie. It sucks when shitty movies break even or make a bit of money because it encourages more of the same.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:22 PM 02-19-2021
Sure, if you aren't a fan. If a movie sucks, or is drastically worse than expected it is fact a flop for the people who actually watch the movie.
Movies either connect with their intended audience or they don't. More than half the time, no one knows which films will perform and which films will underperform at the box office.

Movies can often be polarizing, whether it's Marvel or Star Wars or DC or Nolan and so on. What's important to the studio behind the film is to at least break even. If a film can do that, it is not considered a "flop" by any industry measure.

It sucks when shitty movies break even or make a bit of money because it encourages more of the same.
Once again, either a movie connects with its intended audience or not. History is littered with films that failed at the box office, only to be recognized as genius or endearing or "Must-See" years or even decades later, while the opposite is also true.

Does anyone really want to sit through a second viewing of Shakespeare In Love?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:22 PM 02-22-2021
This is a super long article. I am not a big fan of the 4:3 decision.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut

Justice League: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut

Rebuilding the story he had always envisioned is what invigorates Snyder most. He can go as deep and dark as he likes. He can say to hell with DC’s official time line for the characters and let this alt version of the Justice League story wind up wherever he pleases. He has put Superman in a sleek black suit instead of the iconic blue and red. He’s added the Joker (Jared Leto). He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.

In what may be a divisive move, he’s also presenting the movie in the boxy 4:3 format rather than wide-screen so that one day it can be watched on IMAX screens.
Some may be irritated by seeing Justice League on HBO Max with black bars on either side. Snyder isn’t troubled by that.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:48 PM 02-22-2021

Justice League: The Shocking, Exhilarating, Heartbreaking True Story of #TheSnyderCut

Rebuilding the story he had always envisioned is what invigorates Snyder most. He can go as deep and dark as he likes. He can say to hell with DC’s official time line for the characters and let this alt version of the Justice League story wind up wherever he pleases. He has put Superman in a sleek black suit instead of the iconic blue and red. He’s added the Joker (Jared Leto). He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.

In what may be a divisive move, he’s also presenting the movie in the boxy 4:3 format rather than wide-screen so that one day it can be watched on IMAX screens.
Some may be irritated by seeing Justice League on HBO Max with black bars on either side. Snyder isn’t troubled by that.
Yeah apparently he thinks it will eventually be imax? Probably not...this might annoy me. I really hope there is a solid movie in this. Feel bad for what happened to his family.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:38 PM 02-22-2021

It’s an interesting decision for sure.

I’ve noticed HBOMax is really good about presenting stuff in its proper aspect ratio. The Kubrick films on there are in their original boxy format instead of the wider 1:85 to 1 which cuts out the top and bottom.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 50
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up