ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 50
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
RobBlake 04:10 AM 12-09-2017
Jack g would be the perfect Batman and would appeal to younger and older crowd. I fully support that - love his acting akills
[Reply]
Danguardace 12-09-2017, 04:24 AM
This message has been deleted by Danguardace.
Just Passin' By 12:19 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I think the point was Studio interference, The re shoots in Justice League and Suicide squad indicates WB is too panicky and reacting too much to what Marvel and Disney are doing.

Pick a director and back him dont ask Zach Snyder to crush 4 films into 2.
Snyder's been a huge part of the problem, and, at least according to the public statements, the re-shoots with Whedon happened because Snyder's daughter committed suicide. I can't blame the studio for that. And, given what most of the movie looked like, I wouldn't blame the studio even if what really happened was that they decided that Snyder's version was horseshit and gave him an opportunity to "resign", so to speak.
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:46 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Snyder's been a huge part of the problem, and, at least according to the public statements, the re-shoots with Whedon happened because Snyder's daughter committed suicide. I can't blame the studio for that. And, given what most of the movie looked like, I wouldn't blame the studio even if what really happened was that they decided that Snyder's version was horseshit and gave him an opportunity to "resign", so to speak.

Exactly my point getting Whedon in to finish and reshoot parts of the film is a big Fuck you to Snyder in my opinion.

Surely WB had seen Snyder's other work? Surely they knew that his style was was the complete opposite to Marvel/Disney.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He’s “kind of” like a present day Brendan Fraser.
i like Fassbender for the next Batman
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:16 AM 12-10-2017
Affleck has been the best part of the DCU so far for me. Will be a shame if he goes.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:08 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ooo, that'd be kind of fun.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:47 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Now Jon Hamm, is jockeying to be the new Batman
Uhhhhhh.....

That would be an awful decision, IMO.

He's Jon Hamm, no matter what role he plays, IMO.

I'd actually rather see someone that can actually act, whether it's Ryan Gosling, or Gyllenhall or even Armie Hammer.

And if Affleck is too "old", what does that make Jon Hamm?
Right? I don't really want a Don Draper Bats.

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I watch anything Fassbender is in.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:15 PM 12-13-2017
Its looking as if it's going to end up as the lowest grossing film in the 5 film DCU, domestically.

Originally Posted by :
1 Wonder Woman $412,563,408
2 B v Superman $330,360,194
3 Suicide Squad $325,100,054
4 Man of Steel $291,045,518
5 Justice League $212,872,996
It's got a shot to get to #4 internationally, but I think they saw the writing on the wall with this.

Originally Posted by :
1 B v Superman $873.3
2 Wonder Woman $821.8
3 Suicide Squad $745.6
4 Man of Steel $668.0
5 Justice League $615.5
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...art/?id=dc.htm

It may be too late to retro some of the films already going, but they've got to do something. They can't rely on the hardcore fanboys forever. Eventually, even they will stop attending and celebrating shitty movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:07 PM 12-13-2017
It may be too late to retro some of the films already going, but they've got to do something. They can't rely on the hardcore fanboys forever. Eventually, even they will stop attending and celebrating shitty movies.
They're not changing their slate of movies
[Reply]
Hawk 11:01 PM 12-13-2017
Its looking as if it's going to end up as the lowest grossing film in the 5 film DCU, domestically.

It's got a shot to get to #4 internationally, but I think they saw the writing on the wall with this.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchi...art/?id=dc.htm

Huh. I thought it was better than BvS and Suicide Squad, better than Man of Steel too.
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:18 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Huh. I thought it was better than BvS and Suicide Squad, better than Man of Steel too.
Sometimes film for whatever reason just dont catch on in the same was that others do. Its a bit anecdotal but so many of my friends just haven't bothered to see it this time but did for the others.

Box office is no indication of quality, but sadly will always need it when you have a budget this big.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:06 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
That doesn't make it actually good, though. Less shitty is still shitty, and that's what Justice League was. DCU is 1 for 5 right now, and the money numbers are sinking noticeably. Having Aquaman moved back to December will give some distance in the fans' minds, and James Wan has a chance to do something interesting. If he can't, though, and Aquaman makes it 1 for 6, it's easy to see how that could cause panic in the studio, because Zachary Levi and Shazaam aren't likely to create the kind of buzz you'd want to convince people to give the DCU yet another shot after that kind of bad run.

Just my take, though.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:27 AM 12-14-2017
I figured this would happen (as did my DC friends) and that the best version would be on DVD and there's even a massive online push behind the "Snyder Version"

I half feel bad for the actors, director, and definitely the fans knowing that there was perhaps a good flick in there but it was butchered by the studio/moguls to fit it in a specific window...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:08 AM 12-14-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I figured this would happen (as did my DC friends) and that the best version would be on DVD and there's even a massive online push behind the "Snyder Version"
There is no Snyder version
[Reply]
Rausch 10:15 AM 12-14-2017
There is no Snyder version
Perhaps not.

Fans can't just force a studio that's lost a metric-fug-ton of money to change course.

I still expect a better product once the blue ray is released.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 50
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up