Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Fish 08:45 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Well, he is a Chiefs fan after all. lol
Fucking A..... :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:08 PM 11-21-2017
The film has made $300 million already. All l read on here is that it's flopping.

Rotten Tomatoes has this much power? Forbes article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ce-league/amp/

Yes, there is going to be a lot of talk about what went wrong with the opening weekend reception of Justice League, and at least some of the blame lies with the poor reception of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, as well as the lackluster reviews and the choice to make the film into some de-facto copy of The Avengers. But there is one odd factor that deserves a moment of discussion, and that is how Rotten Tomatoes, and the media in covering Rotten Tomatoes, black-flagged the WB release just before the release date.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:10 PM 11-21-2017
Well, he is a Chiefs fan after all. lol
Rep to you.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:14 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The film has made $300 million already. All l read on here is that it's flopping.

Yes, there is going to be a lot of talk about what went wrong with the opening weekend reception of Justice League, and at least some of the blame lies with the poor reception of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, as well as the lackluster reviews and the choice to make the film into some de-facto copy of The Avengers. But there is one odd factor that deserves a moment of discussion, and that is how Rotten Tomatoes, and the media in covering Rotten Tomatoes, black-flagged the WB release just before the release date.
I blame the Russians.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:15 PM 11-21-2017
So is this going to be the new thing? Crying about reviews when an average movie does poorly?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:26 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So is this going to be the new thing? Crying about reviews when an average movie does poorly?
I was really hoping this would do well.

Disney just continues to gobble up properties like an Australian field mouse epidemic. Without competition the genre will become stale and cookie-cutter and flame out...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:28 PM 11-21-2017
I blame the Russians.
Don't - they tried to diversify the field...:-)

[Reply]
Rausch 09:30 PM 11-21-2017
They probably spent $200 million on advertising alone...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:33 PM 11-21-2017

BvS and SS made money too, but the issue is damage to the franchise moving forward, and you're counting worldwide revenues. JL has made $101m domestic. JL opened with the lowest domestic box of the DCU films, to date, and that won't be taken as a good sign. Unless there's an unexpected jump moving forward, there will probably be a lot more soul searching back at corporate.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4346&p=.htm
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:35 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Disney just continues to gobble up properties like an Australian field mouse epidemic. Without competition the genre will become stale and cookie-cutter and flame out...
Let someone else make these movies then. If you're so insecure as a studio in your own ability to make these movies that you desperately try to copy paste a winning formula only to have it fall flat on its face you deserve the kicks in the nuts you'll be receiving. Like, how in the fuck could you possibly screw up such simple concepts as BvS and Suicide Squad. THATS why I'm not spending $10 to see this movie, not fucking rotten tomatoes.
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 11-21-2017
Yeah, so as a former DC hater.... this film nailed it. Sooo much better than previous DC stuff. I'd say better that WW.

I had serious doubts beforehand. Thought BvS was complete shit. But I liked this one. Gives me hope for DC future...
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:45 PM 11-21-2017
I watched this today with my daughter. We both really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:

only in a world gone mad does a movie make $300 million in 4 days and is labeled by some a flop.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:49 PM 11-21-2017
only in a world gone mad does a movie make $300 million in 4 days and is labeled by some a flop.
Its on track to be a 50 to 100 million $ loss for the studio after all costs are accounted for, from what I understand. Considering what this movie is, that's an unmitigated disaster.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:51 PM 11-21-2017
Its on track to be a 50 to 100 million $ loss for the studio after all costs are accounted for, from what I understand. Considering what this movie is, that's an unmitigated disaster.
? How do they know that after 4 days? How much have they spent on this movie?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 50
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up