ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>HBO series The Leftovers
Fire Me Boy! 06:59 AM 06-06-2014
Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:49 PM 06-30-2014
Question:

How many of you complaining that we'll never find out what happened to the 2 percent watch and enjoy The Walking Dead?

Because I'm 100 percent certain Kirkman is NEVER going to explain the origin of the zombie virus.

Same deal, IMO. It's not about the weird stuff going on as much as it is about how people respond and react to the weird stuff going on.

Who goes savage?

Who starts a cult?

How do normal people get by?

Side note: I thought it was really good. It's not a bucket full of sunshine, but some of the best art is not. Makes me wonder: Who would I be? My personality type would run me towards the Chief... I'd be trying to hold things and people together. (though my practical streak probably makes me more like the bald guy who played Bertram on The Mentalist).
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:17 PM 06-30-2014
Assuming things are as they are on the show, and I still have internet, I'd probably be living the exact same life that I am now.

In that aspect, it's one of the cheerier post-apocalyptic scenarios I've ever seen. 140-odd million people die, but the grid doesn't go down and (as far as we've seen) society doesn't fall apart.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
digger 08:22 PM 06-30-2014
It was good. This was priceless.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KevB 08:34 PM 06-30-2014
I like it so far, but it wasn't "holy shit" good like True Detective. I'll keep watching for now. I think the unknown is what could drive people a bit crazy, and it's tough to put myself in that place.

Why does anything matter if we could just disappear at any second with no explanation?
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:30 PM 06-30-2014
well I caught the last 12 mins of Eps.1 tonight - It's set to record next re-air.

I think I may like it - but as someone else mentioned - it's not earth-shattering (True Detective) good.

[Reply]
vailpass 08:39 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by KevB:
I like it so far, but it wasn't "holy shit" good like True Detective. I'll keep watching for now. I think the unknown is what could drive people a bit crazy, and it's tough to put myself in that place.

Why does anything matter if we could just disappear at any second with no explanation?
Not even in the same galaxy as TD...
[Reply]
bowener 01:01 PM 07-02-2014
I watched the first episode, and I found it quite uninteresting.

Even the
Spoiler!

[Reply]
bowener 01:03 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Assuming things are as they are on the show, and I still have internet, I'd probably be living the exact same life that I am now.

In that aspect, it's one of the cheerier post-apocalyptic scenarios I've ever seen. 140-odd million people die, but the grid doesn't go down and (as far as we've seen) society doesn't fall apart.

Spoiler!
Probably should fix your post. Albeit in minor, it may agitate or annoy some people for one week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:06 PM 07-02-2014
It's already aired. How is that a spoiler? Not sure I understand.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's already aired. How is that a spoiler? Not sure I understand.
Thats the social etiquette in the media center. If it has aired, its fair game.

I thought the world looked kind of fucked up. I just don't see a breakdown of society if we really loss 2% without explanation. It's been 3 years. Life goes on. You have no choice.

I'm with most here. It was well done but not True Detective level. At least its better than True Blood.:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:36 PM 07-02-2014
For those who have watched is this something you wish you saw more of before passing judgement, or is it quality right out of the box? I have it recorded, but am mulling whether to watch right away or let a few pile up and binge.
[Reply]
KevB 09:21 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For those who have watched is this something you wish you saw more of before passing judgement, or is it quality right out of the box? I have it recorded, but am mulling whether to watch right away or let a few pile up and binge.
Wouldn't hurt to have 2 or 3 to watch probably to make a call. I have it on DVR the series, but coming off the first ep, the jury is still out whether I stay with it for the long haul.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:04 PM 07-02-2014
I thought it was quality right out of the box. I would say that part of the reason, aside obviously from the leads, that people are saying "it's not true detective" is because it's not something as simple (in a genre sense) as a police procedural. It's going to be a more challenging show to watch, in every sense of the word. It would not surprise me a bit if by the end of the season I end up liking it as much or more than TD, and I think it's something I'm likely more prone to re-watch in the short term, because I get the sense that (unlike the ultimately straight-forward TD) there are layers that I might not catch on first viewing.

It's not a show that's going to fall right away into anybody's comfort zone, though. And while I enjoyed it, it was a very slow burn.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:11 PM 07-02-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats the social etiquette in the media center. If it has aired, its fair game.
I think in retrospect that he was saying not to spoil people who are on the fence about watching it this week, which makes some sense. I got no problem tagging it, I just wasn't sure what the logic was.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:16 PM 07-02-2014
Meh - I don't really know yet. I'm going to have to see a few more I think.

It was watchable - I must see another episode to give it a fair grade.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up