ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 324
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:15 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Ford will have trade value. The "team has no leverage" nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

By that measure, Chiefs had no leverage with Alex Smith. Leverage is created by more than one team being interested. If Chiefs put non-exclusive tag on Ford, more than 1 team will be interested.

I wouldn't trade him unless you're getting a high 2 at minimum. The league is starved for pass rushers and not many are hitting the market.
Other teams will value him more than we do also. The nfl forgets quickly. Only chiefs fans will look at his injury history as a major deterrent for a long term deal. A pass rush starved team with a gm looking for a quick move to help his job.. I think a 1 and 2 is where I’d start talking but I’d settle for a 1 and a 3 or 4 and the market will be out there.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:15 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Are you serious? Lol
Same thing we went through when Sutton was hired. After the indy debacle, I rode Sutton hard about being trash... Took shit from everyone while Alex was shitting the bed and the defense couldnt always win games.

4 years later....
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:15 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
And if one gets fired for having a poor defense what happens? Will they get another job in the league?
Yes! It happens all the time.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:16 PM 01-24-2019
And if one gets fired for having a poor defense what happens? Will they get another job in the league?
Some won't because of age, but most of them would.

Joe Woods was supposed to be the next best thing when he took over for Wade Phillips. His units weren't even close to being as good as Wade's. Al Holcomb was supposed to be a rising star last year as a new coordinator. Best Woods and Holcomb did was passing game coordinator for their new teams.

Defensive coordinator is not a place head coaches go to break in new guys. Retreads are all over the league. Belichick is going to a retread next year in Schiano too.

You didn't know 90% of the names on that list did you?
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:17 PM 01-24-2019
Same thing we went through when Sutton was hired. After the indy debacle, I rode Sutton hard about being trash... Took shit from everyone while Alex was shitting the bed and the defense couldnt always win games.

4 years later....
So what is it? You called Sutton trash but were saying the defense couldn't always win the game? Seems pretty contradictory.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:17 PM 01-24-2019

4 years later....
I never liked the Sutton hire. This dude shut down the best offense of all time in the Super Bowl. Not some bs regular season win. If you look at his shit seasons it was all bad situations.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:19 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They're getting a 2 and more or a player for player swap at least. I think Spag is going to have a lot of interest in getting Jason Pierre-Paul back somehow if it would be feasible.
He had a really nice year for Tampa. He's probably going to be a big part of a hybrid defense Bowles will run.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:20 PM 01-24-2019
So what is it? You called Sutton trash but were saying the defense couldn't always win the game? Seems pretty contradictory.
Welcome to CP
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:21 PM 01-24-2019
SHAWN BARBER EXPLAINS HOW SPAGS IS AS A COACH HERE
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:22 PM 01-24-2019
He had a really nice year for Tampa. He's probably going to be a big part of a hybrid defense Bowles will run.
I think he's pretty big into playing in particular systems. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Will also be interesting to see if the Giants keep Janoris Jenkins or let him go.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:22 PM 01-24-2019
Welcome to CP
Nice deflection.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:23 PM 01-24-2019
I think Landon Collins could be someone to look out for that spag would want
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:24 PM 01-24-2019
People always view this stuff with homer glasses. One week ago, all the talk around here was how the Chiefs' defense was actually good at home. Rather than looking at what QBs they had faced at home (almost all shit), they ignored the warning signs.

Steve Spagnuolo is a guy that had a couple of good defenses a decade ago when he had DE's like Strahan (HOF'er) Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, and JPP.

In 2007, his three best DE's combined for over 300 career sacks.
In 2011, his three best DE's combined for over 210 career sacks.

No shit he had good defenses back then. Christ, Greg Robinson could have coordinated a great unit with that talent.

The best thing you can say about him is that when he had the best DL of the last generation he didn't fuck it up, but that's damning with faint praise.

Even in 2016 he had two good-great ends and three All-Pro DBs. No one could fuck that up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:25 PM 01-24-2019
I don't see the Giants letting Landon Collins go.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
People always view this stuff with homer glasses. One week ago, all the talk around here was how the Chiefs' defense was actually good at home. Rather than looking at what QBs they had faced at home (almost all shit), they ignored the warning signs.

Steve Spagnuolo is a guy that had a couple of good defenses a decade ago when he had DE's like Strahan (HOF'er) Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, and JPP.

In 2007, his three best DE's combined for over 300 career sacks.
In 2011, his three best DE's combined for over 210 career sacks.

No shit he had good defenses back then. Christ, Greg Robinson could have coordinated a great unit with that talent.

The best thing you can say about him is that when he had the best DL of the last generation he didn't fuck it up, but that's damning with faint praise.

Even in 2016 he had two good-great ends and three All-Pro DBs. No one could fuck that up.
And when he had bad defenses he didn’t have much talent, but you continue to ignore that part.

DC’a need talent and a good situation to be successful. It’s not that complicated.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 324
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up