ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We need Thornhill for the playoff run. Matthieu wasn't good last night..not worried that will continue.
Yeah he had a rough night especially tackling.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:44 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
the team that lost the the saints 38-3?
that more recently beat the Raiders 45-20? Yeah.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:59 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This was the first game in about a year where I felt like the defense never got squared away for an entire game. They had a couple series where they played better, but even then it was really just a couple players that got right for a snap or two.

We expect a lot from this group, in spite of the fact that they're really like 5 really good players and a bunch of role players, but they've also played above their 'paper stats' for a long time now, so seeing them play as poorly as they did tonight is pretty tough.

But how they played tonight is not where they've been playing for the last 19 games, so I'm not going to worry about them for now.

They had a really bad game. Shit happens.

Moving on to Tampa Bay.
Except against the Raiders early this year, Carolina and the Raiders again.

They have had 2 pretty bad back to back defensive performances.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 08:17 AM 11-23-2020
The D gave me no confidence yesterday and in the final 3 minutes or so I was actually saying to myself just let them score soon so Mahomes would have enough time on the clock for a game winning drive.

It just felt like there was zero chance of them holding out to the end and putting it back in the hands of Mahomes and company to overhaul a lead was pragmatically the best chance of winning.

With most QBs putting them in a 2 minute length of the field situation to win it would be low percentage but not this guy. I felt far more relaxed about the chance of winning as soon as the Raiders scored.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:25 AM 11-23-2020
I hate to admit it, but Carr has improved in that he doesn't soil himself regularly like he has in the past against worse defenses than this one. The Raiders also have some immense fatties on that interior that have made a difference in that offense.

We need to get better for sure, but the Raiders are not a joke on offense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think people should understand something. The Raiders have a ton of speed, a huge line and they run a bit of an old school offense. It throws the Chiefs off that they basically play base Nickel and the Raiders give you a FB, it's just a style you don't see much.
Yeah, it is strange. They've got an old-school OL with completely modern skill position guys. It's strange and obviously pretty effective.

I'd actually love to see this Raiders O against the Steelers D, specifically the trenches.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 11-23-2020
Yeah, the defense should be better. Still, they gave up 365 yards to the Raiders at their place. For the record, that's 4 yards below their season average. We all agree that they have a good offense. The Chiefs defense is currently ranked 15th in total yards. They normally give up 355 ypg. So really, they didn't do much worse than normal. Do they need to tighten up some things for the playoff run? Absolutely! But IMO, people are exaggerating the level of this performance.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Thornhill is being eased in with limited reps. He’ll play more & more each week, barring any setbacks. Gay is getting more reps. Okafor will add depth in the rotation as he returns. Wharton is emerging. There is hope for this defense to get much better by the post season.
There's not just hope, there's PRECEDENT.

For some people here, it's like last year never happened.

That's the real frustrating part.

CP has been around for 20 years, some of us have been fans for 30, 40, or even 50 years.

Last year was the culmination of DECADES of fan frustration and it's like it NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

This place is as miserable as it ever was.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Actually it’s pretty close. Between Stoolers and Chiefs (this was week of the bye)

Chiefs opponents record before this week 33-50 before Faders game 34-30 rest of the season.

Stoolers opponents record before the Jags game 35-46-2 from Jags game til end of season 30-33-1

Chiefs 67-80
Pit 66-79-3

Now if you wanna talk air miles that’s a different convo. Stoolers have second least in the league at 6600 Chiefs have over 15k.
Raw records don't say a hell of a whole lot. There's teams out there like the Titans that have a good record but a trash defense. And there's teams out there like the Broncos that have a trash record but a good defense.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:54 AM 11-23-2020
The only things that concerns me in the least is the pass rush. We have too much invested in Clark and Jones for them to no-show at times.

If the pass rush comes around, then I suspect this defense will look significantly better.

There’s plenty of time to get that corrected and we definitely have the talent to do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yeah pretty much all of our best players are on O so this is to be expected I guess. It's how we've built this team to have an offensive powerhouse and a decent D.

Problem is D doesn't appear to be decent it seems like it is bad but we'll see how rest of year goes. They could improve. Like someone else said 9-1 is nothing to complain about but i don't think we will beat Steelers unless our D improves. They are much more balanced than us at this point.
They could improve?

Because it's completely unprecedented right?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:58 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

lol no it is not.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 08:59 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's not just hope, there's PRECEDENT.

For some people here, it's like last year never happened.

That's the real frustrating part.

CP has been around for 20 years, some of us have been fans for 30, 40, or even 50 years.

Last year was the culmination of DECADES of fan frustration and it's like it NEVER ****ING HAPPENED.

Well, to be fair, I think there's still some PTSD from the multiple horrendous defenses in the past 20 years. I think it takes more than a single SB win to shake the feeling that something is just going to go wrong because Chiefs.

Last year was great, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. This fan base has seen some epically bad defenses.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:59 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, the defense should be better. Still, they gave up 365 yards to the Raiders at their place. For the record, that's 4 yards below their season average. We all agree that they have a good offense. The Chiefs defense is currently ranked 15th in total yards. They normally give up 355 ypg. So really, they didn't do much worse than normal. Do they need to tighten up some things for the playoff run? Absolutely! But IMO, people are exaggerating the level of this performance.
That's because our offense had long sustained drives. If they didn't Raiders probably could have dropped 40 on us and had God knows how many yards.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch:
Well, to be fair, I think there's still some PTSD from the multiple horrendous defenses in the past 20 years. I think it takes more than a single SB win to shake the feeling that something is just going to go wrong because Chiefs.

Last year was great, but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. This fan base has seen some epically bad defenses.
Sorry, but I don't buy it.

For people that actually appreciate it, that Super Bowl win erased it all.

There's just people here that live to bitch, they'll never change.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up