ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2781 of 3903
« First < 1781228126812731277127772778277927802781 278227832784278527912831288132813781 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 12:07 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Here's an issue we're starting to see in our area. Where schools are going remote, the parents are having to send kids to daycares, other options so they are able to work.

Those places aren't as equipped as say a large school building to have that many children.

This is a huge mess.
they want to send kids to school for only 5 hours a day here at that point is there any difference between 5 and 8 with 5 you still end up with childcare issues etc. without really reducing potential infections even with kids wearing masks during that time.

nobody here seem to have a any real plan A let alone a decent fallback plan.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:10 PM 08-05-2020
I have been social distancing and staying from most everyone but today the government made me go to jury duty and hang out in an indoor facility with 150 people for 4 hours. They turned some away because they were having symptoms so I won't be surprised if I got infected.

Brillant decision there.
[Reply]
Donger 12:12 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Agendas.
Good to see your admittance, not that it was needed.

:-)
[Reply]
stumppy 12:14 PM 08-05-2020
Where they lost some people was when they said "don't go protest your business being closed down, you're making it worse" then turned around and said "go protest this it's worth the risk".

Right or wrong, you're gonna lose alot of people's confidence when you say that.
Who is they? I honestly don't remember seeing that anywhere.
[Reply]
Donger 12:16 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

"Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy," the letter says.

"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders
[Reply]
stumppy 12:32 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/05/healt...rnd/index.html

"Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy," the letter says.

"However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators' ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders

Meh, just another opinion from a group of people with a bit of politics thrown in. Far leaning opinions can be found everywhere.

Personally I just go with the "Big groups are bad" official policy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:42 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think telling black people they can't or should not protest against racial injustice would have made things worse there were in a bit of a pickle.
Wowza that's one hell of an excuse you just made there.

People have been arguing all along the collateral damage to the country is worse than the disease at this point so seems just a bit hypocritical.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:44 PM 08-05-2020
:-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...kdown_protests

Originally Posted by :
Beginning in mid-April 2020, there were protests in several U.S. states against government-imposed lockdowns in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.[1][2] The protests, mostly organized by conservative groups and individuals,[3][4] decried the economic and social impact of stay-at-home orders, business closures, and restricted personal movement and association, and demanded that their state be "re-opened" for normal business and personal activity.[5]

The protests made international news[6][7] and were widely condemned as unsafe and ill-advised.[8] They ranged in size from a few hundred people to several thousand, and spread on social media with encouragement from U.S. President Donald Trump.[9]

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:47 PM 08-05-2020
Where they lost some people was when they said "don't go protest your business being closed down, you're making it worse" then turned around and said "go protest this it's worth the risk".

Right or wrong, you're gonna lose alot of people's confidence when you say that.
At least one group of protestors wore masks. That actually makes a huge difference.
[Reply]
O.city 12:48 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
At least one group of protestors wore masks. That actually makes a huge difference.
Oh, ok.

So we can all mask up and essentially go back to normal?
[Reply]
O.city 12:50 PM 08-05-2020
Meh, just another opinion from a group of people with a bit of politics thrown in. Far leaning opinions can be found everywhere.

When the same epidemiologist and virologist and public health officials are saying it, it’s a problem

IMO
[Reply]
Donger 12:50 PM 08-05-2020

Yes, and mass gatherings of any kind during a pandemic is, well, stupid. It would be nice if people could agree on that, and not condemn one versus another.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:51 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wowza that's one hell of an excuse you just made there.

People have been arguing all along the collateral damage to the country is worse than the disease at this point so seems just a bit hypocritical.
so you think telling black people that they shouldn't protest against black injustice would have resulted in them just going back home and saying that seems fair.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:51 PM 08-05-2020
Oh, ok.

No shit right.
[Reply]
Donger 12:52 PM 08-05-2020
Oh, ok.

Isn't that happening, essentially?
[Reply]
Page 2781 of 3903
« First < 1781228126812731277127772778277927802781 278227832784278527912831288132813781 > Last »
Up