ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2445 of 3903
« First < 1445194523452395243524412442244324442445 244624472448244924552495254529453445 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 09:22 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Prepare for a stream of CPDC regulars to berate you with the old fake news, joke science, agenda driven replies.
Most protesters are self quaranteening when not on the streets. It's been a mantra from the start.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:26 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Most protesters are self quaranteening when not on the streets. It's been a mantra from the start.
:-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:28 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With the findings that mild and asymptomatic infections don’t always show antibody seroconversion, I think there’s some things to the fact that serology studies miss a lot. It’s possible New York and Chicago are already at or close to immunity. When you look at places like Italy and others that were hit hard, the curve down is just to damn similar to be a coincidence in my mind.

The argument against is always the deaths, but I think we’re finding that a lot of that is due to poor planning ie sending people back to nursing homes and age stratification etc.

New York also had issues in the hospitals of incubating early and not having the experience we have today on how to treat this. Same with Lombardy.
There are places around Bergamo that had 50+% seroprevalence. It's hard to reconcile that fact with the claim that a lack of antibody seroconversion confers protection needed for herd immunity.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There are places around Bergamo that had 50+% seroprevalence. It's hard to reconcile that fact with the claim that a lack of antibody seroconversion confers protection needed for herd immunity.
The findings that mild and asymptomatic infections don’t always seroconvert though shows there’s something else going on.

As has always been the case, were just in the infancy of finding things out about this thing.

For instance in Stockholm the number of those with positive antibody tests is lower and yet the curve has trending down in similar fashion to other hard hit areas.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:33 AM 06-27-2020
The findings that mild and asymptomatic infections don’t always seroconvert though shows there’s something else going on.

As has always been the case, were just in the infancy of finding things out about this thing.
If you don't have enough of a vaccine to stimulate an immune response, you don't have a vaccine that is adequate to confer protection. I would be extremely cautious in extrapolating that cases that don't lead to antibody production lead to any kind of protective immunity.
[Reply]
eDave 09:33 AM 06-27-2020
This. I think.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:36 AM 06-27-2020
Watch the show Numbers. Season 1-Episode 3-Vector.

Show is about a pandemic. So real in the situation today.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 06-27-2020
If you don't have enough of a vaccine to stimulate an immune response, you don't have a vaccine that is adequate to confer protection. I would be extremely cautious in extrapolating that cases that don't lead to antibody production lead to any kind of protective immunity.
Immune response doesn’t always have to be adaptive though. It’s been a while since immunology but even if you clear something with a humors response you’re gonna have antigen recognition and be able to fight it later iirc.

We’re 6 months in, I think we’d know by now if immunity wanes that quickly if you just have a mild or asymptomatic case, they’d have been reinfected right?
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 06-27-2020
Hamas did you see the study I posted about the HIV stuff?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:07 AM 06-27-2020
Immune response doesn’t always have to be adaptive though. It’s been a while since immunology but even if you clear something with a humors response you’re gonna have antigen recognition and be able to fight it later iirc.

We’re 6 months in, I think we’d know by now if immunity wanes that quickly if you just have a mild or asymptomatic case, they’d have been reinfected right?
You're right. For the sake of clarity, antibody-mediated responses are humoral. Cell-mediated are not.

I did not see what you posted on HIV.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:10 AM 06-27-2020
Mortality in hospitals has dropped significantly as well so as long as we can keep them from overrunning we’re gonna hopefully be fine there
This is one thing that seems to be positive. I realize deaths lag but it seems like the death rate of hospitalized cases has dropped. Thats not the CFR but that is interesting.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 06-27-2020
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-3689

Interesting study on some HIV drugs with potential. Admittedly I know zero about these so hamas would be the one to ask
Here it is
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is one thing that seems to be positive. I realize deaths lag but it seems like the death rate of hospitalized cases has dropped. Thats not the CFR but that is interesting.
The new spikes in the south and southwest are different in that it’s a different age range.

We’ll see how that works out. If deaths stay down and people recover fine we’ll get thru it

I’m skeptical but we’ll see
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 06-27-2020
Couple things I’m curious about in regards to hospitalizations as well. Everyone going in for anything gets tested now. So if I’m in for an appendix problem and i test positive I’m now a Covid pt even if I’m Asymptomatic for it.

So how is this being documented?
[Reply]
Donger 10:23 AM 06-27-2020
The new spikes in the south and southwest are different in that it’s a different age range.

We’ll see how that works out. If deaths stay down and people recover fine we’ll get thru it

I’m skeptical but we’ll see
The 18 to 44 demographic has always had the highest number of cases.
[Reply]
Page 2445 of 3903
« First < 1445194523452395243524412442244324442445 244624472448244924552495254529453445 > Last »
Up