ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1771 of 3903
« First < 771127116711721176117671768176917701771 177217731774177517811821187122712771 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:20 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Did someone post something about the number of deaths in New York nursing homes is like 12k? How the **** did we let that happen. ?
Well have you ever seen the typical nursing home CNA or just about any other nursing home employee? A lot of them don't give a shit about the residents and just work there because its an easy job to get or its the only option for them.

Nursing homes are awful places for the most part and I think the main reason is the pay is incredibly low for the workers on the bottom of the totem pole and those are the workers that are most involved in the care of the residents. Why would anyone want to wipe ass, get hit, groped, or give some old pervert a bath for just over minimum wage? Anyone with any options at all will take the other options over the nursing home, so the nursing home gets stuck with a lot of drug addicts.
[Reply]
TLO 11:20 AM 05-02-2020
More Triumph news.

Originally Posted by :
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services reported on Saturday that 359 employees have now tested positive for COVID-19 at Triumph Foods.

MDHSS said none of the employees or contract workers had symptoms.

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:21 AM 05-02-2020
Did someone post something about the number of deaths in New York nursing homes is like 12k? How the fuck did we let that happen. ?
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:22 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
My Mom died at 50 after dealing with lung cancer for 5 years (she was a smoker). Although she literally had tumors everywhere at the end and had no other health problems besides that, cancer was not listed as a cause of death on her DC.
It should have , not all doctors are created equal. my mom died from lung/ca bone mets they were all listed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:23 AM 05-02-2020
My Mom died at 50 after dealing with lung cancer for 5 years (she was a smoker). Although she literally had tumors everywhere at the end and had no other health problems besides that, cancer was not listed as a cause of death on her DC.
What did they list her C.O.D as?
[Reply]
Spott 11:24 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You said we never used to list a cause of death .
I said we have always listed a cause of death.
Then said pretty much said the same thing I said.
I did not say never in my post. I said that we used to refer to people dying at 95 as dying of old age. By we, I am referring to the general public and not the specific terms written on a death certificate by a doctor that most people never see.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:25 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:25 AM 05-02-2020

[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:26 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
More Triumph news.
You need to test positive with no symptoms to be allowed back into the Processing Plant ?

Our food chain cant fail. That's not an option.
I watched a story out east. Where around 50 peeps locked themselves down inside their little factory for 60 days IIRC? To keep making needed medical supplies.
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 05-02-2020
I know of a few cases here in our area that had positive test results that were then sent back to long term health care facilities. We knew this was not great for those in those situations, i'm not sure why we didn't take extra care.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:27 AM 05-02-2020
I did not say never in my post. I said that we used to refer to people dying at 95 as dying of old age. By we, I am referring to the general public and not the specific terms written on a death certificate by a doctor that most people never see.
You were doing it for the purpose of minimizing the death count, sorry that's why I commented.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:27 AM 05-02-2020

via GIPHY

[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
More Triumph news.
Wow.

If we're gonna do contract tracing, you're essentially gonna have to test every single person in the nation.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:28 AM 05-02-2020
So if i'm reading this right, about 25%-30% of US Covid deaths are happening in nursing homes. That's just awful.

It is awful and truly heart breaking. It also is a good example among others why it is going to be hard for corporate America to go back to work anytime soon.

We have seen now time and time again, keeping large amounts of people in an enclosed space for hours on end = large amounts of infections and death.

Going to a restaurant or store for a short period of time you will probably be ok but not sitting in your office for 8 hours.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:29 AM 05-02-2020
I know of a few cases here in our area that had positive test results that were then sent back to long term health care facilities. We knew this was not great for those in those situations, i'm not sure why we didn't take extra care.
If we had an outbreak in our local home I would recommend taking their loved ones out if they could care for them at home.
[Reply]
Page 1771 of 3903
« First < 771127116711721176117671768176917701771 177217731774177517811821187122712771 > Last »
Up