ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1399 of 2688
« First < 39989912991349138913951396139713981399 140014011402140314091449149918992399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:25 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Luck is 6 years older than Mahomes.

If the NFL needs a new QB rivalry, it ain't gonna be Mahomes/Luck. Luck is closer to Rodgers in age than he is Mahomes.

It's gonna be Mahomes/Mayfield. The relationship goes all the way back to college, the same GM's drafted them, they both play for historically downtrodden fanbases who have given far more than they've received. It's just an easy story to write.
Could not have been scripted any better. Mahomes Mayfield is a perfect rivalry.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:33 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Could not have been scripted any better. Mahomes Mayfield is a perfect rivalry.
And Goodell slits his wrists because two of the big player draws are in shite TV markets.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:35 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'd still say Brady is the face of the NFL but Mahomes is the future.
I think the guard is changing slowly. Lots of older writers are clinging to brees for comfort. Because he's safe and familiar. Those same writers hate baker. And they think mahomes is too flashy. But we saw an interesting thing we haven't seen in years where the blowback on that was huge. Baker and mahomes have fans talking about football in ways they're not used to. And I think they're recognizing that the worst mahomes and baker story is a hell of a lot more interesting than rehashing another Brady brees story.
[Reply]
bowener 02:36 PM 01-07-2019
Luck is 6 years older than Mahomes.

If the NFL needs a new QB rivalry, it ain't gonna be Mahomes/Luck. Luck is closer to Rodgers in age than he is Mahomes.

It's gonna be Mahomes/Mayfield. The relationship goes all the way back to college, the same GM's drafted them, they both play for historically downtrodden fanbases who have given far more than they've received. It's just an easy story to write.
I'm not sold on Mayfield yet and how he will be seen by the businessmen of the NFL. The Browns also have to prove for another season or two that they are no longer jokes.

While Luck is older, it doesn't mean they won't have 10 years to cultivate a rivalry. Luck is as close to Manning in temperament that you can get right now. He is a "gee golly gosh" kind of person that absolutely loves football. He will never embarrass the Colts, the NFL, or himself. If he weren't uglier than Eli he would be on every ad possible.
[Reply]
Best22 02:42 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm not sold on Mayfield yet and how he will be seen by the businessmen of the NFL. The Browns also have to prove for another season or two that they are no longer jokes.

While Luck is older, it doesn't mean they won't have 10 years to cultivate a rivalry. Luck is as close to Manning in temperament that you can get right now. He is a "gee golly gosh" kind of person that absolutely loves football. He will never embarrass the Colts, the NFL, or himself. If he weren't uglier than Eli he would be on every ad possible.
Luck needs to dump his neckbeard. Dude looks and sounds like he plays too many video games
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:46 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
And Goodell slits his wrists because two of the big player draws are in shite TV markets.
It doesn't matter, hell the Chiefs had what 7 nationally televised games this season? And soon to be 3 more.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:46 PM 01-07-2019
I thought about that too. Like how the NBA sneered when Lebron went to Cleveland, and decided to go back to CLE. But opposing fans hated Lebron because he felt really Hollywood. Lebron became immensely popular because he was so polarizing. Other teams fans are having fun watching our qbs. Baker fits the scrappy identity of Cleveland. Mahomes' likeability is a great fit for KC. I actually wonder if both of these qbs would be hated if they went to the wrong market. After all, I think the NFL in hindsight is overjoyed that Favre and rodgers landed in green Bay.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:46 PM 01-07-2019
I don't think that matters, when you are dealing with stars. The NFL was not harmed by Rogers being in Green Bay or Manning being in Indy. People from all over will tune in to watch great QB play.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:47 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It doesn't matter, hell the Chiefs had what 7 nationally televised games this season? And soon to be 3 more.
This.

And next year we may not have a noon kick at Arrowhead...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 01-07-2019

That's exactly what makes Mayfield/Mahomes so intriguing though - the contrast in personalities. Mahomes is very much 'golly gee' in how he handles himself off the field as well. He's a lot like Mahomes in a lot of ways from a personality standpoint.

Styles make fights and you won't see a better contrast than Mahomes/Mayfield. Like you, I'm not sold on him or the Browns as an obvious dynastic presence, but if that kind of rivalry develops, that's where it's gonna have to come from, IMO.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:49 PM 01-07-2019
[QUOTE=Best22;14015801]Luck needs to dump his neckbeard. Dude looks and sounds like he plays too many video games]/QUOTE]

how is that a thing?
[Reply]
Best22 02:53 PM 01-07-2019
Mahomes-Luck makes sense

Luck was drafted in 2012. Could be a good rivalry. No need to force anything. What a way to start it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:54 PM 01-07-2019

I think the NFL has had a lot of those golly gosh qbs. Mayfield is so different from anything we've seen in a while. Jury's still out on if he can maintain success. But if he's any good, this will be a hell of a rivalry because the two cities have such similar sensibilities and because their leaders are cocky as hell. Mahomes may be polite but he has his own version of cocky. Luck mahomes may be the more interesting game. But once Mayfield and mahomes both have the swagger and firepower to compete against each other, it's going to be fun as hell to see what develops.
[Reply]
Best22 02:55 PM 01-07-2019
That's exactly what makes Mayfield/Mahomes so intriguing though - the contrast in personalities. Mahomes is very much 'golly gee' in how he handles himself off the field as well. He's a lot like Mahomes in a lot of ways from a personality standpoint.

Styles make fights and you won't see a better contrast than Mahomes/Mayfield. Like you, I'm not sold on him or the Browns as an obvious dynastic presence, but if that kind of rivalry develops, that's where it's gonna have to come from, IMO.
Agree. Those 2 are viewed differently but their talent is undeniable
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:45 PM 01-07-2019
Goff and Mahomes is pretty good, as well. Especially if they meet again this year.
[Reply]
Page 1399 of 2688
« First < 39989912991349138913951396139713981399 140014011402140314091449149918992399 > Last »
Up