ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Wallcrawler 10:34 AM 11-16-2019
Chiefs will be the only team I follow.

People can say what they want about over reacting to a loss, but god damn.

There's losses that happen because the other team was just better. They wanted it more, maybe your team was dealing with injury....

But THE WAY we lose games, IT ****ING MATTERS.

When your head coach makes decisions that makes absolutely no sense, or does not seem to be aware of win conditions....its ****ing brutal.

When my little brother who plays madden knows more about clock management, timeout usage, and win conditions than a multi millionaire supposed genius in the biz over two decades, its pretty god damn soul crushing.

You needed 2 yards to win. Two. A first down wins.

Not only did he appear to not know this but his playcall to get 2 yards offered ther reigning MVP only ONE ****ing option on the play?!

This should have been two plays schemed to get 2 yards.

Youre the best offense in the league, you need 2 yards to win and you not only cant manage it but you call a play to the absolute worst offensive option you have, completely disregarding HILL,WATKINS, KELCE, HARDMAN, ROBINSON, WILLIAMS, AND BY DEFAULT, MAHOMES AS WELL BY ONLY GIVING HIM ONE ****ING READ.

Its just ****ing brutal. Losing because of unfathomable stupidity is the hardest to take.

But, I've suffered since 1993, and will continue to do so.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:41 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The older I've gotten, the less I understand why people place so much of their identity and self-worth in the success of a football team. I understand getting upset over tough losses and bad coaches, but some tie their identity so closely to the team that criticisms of it are tantamount to attacks on their character. It's bizarre.
Pretty much this. I think fandom, and how you respond to wins/losses matures with age.

You begin to realize its a game, and a form of entertainment, and you are along for the ride.

In the 90s, after years of suckage, combined with a younger me, i thought i was part of something.

The older (and more jaded?) I get, i realize im a consumer....nothing more.

I honestly get more entertainment from the cp community, than i do the actual 3 hours of gametime each week.

That said....im a huge jayhawks fan, and when they won the title in 08, i changed.....meaning, i dont stress games/tourney anymore.

Chiefs winning the super bowl will be one gigantic enema for the entire fanbase!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:28 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The older I've gotten, the less I understand why people place so much of their identity and self-worth in the success of a football team. I understand getting upset over tough losses and bad coaches, but some tie their identity so closely to the team that criticisms of it are tantamount to attacks on their character. It's bizarre.

When I was in my 20's if UNC or the Raiders lost a game it bugged me so much I couldn't sleep and when I did I would wake up pissed off at the world.

Now In my 50's, Sure I want them to win but if they don't... I sleep like a baby.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:31 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
When I was in my 20's if UNC or the Raiders lost a game it bugged me so much I couldn't sleep and when I did I would wake up pissed off at the world.

Now In my 50's, Sure I want them to win but if they don't... I sleep like a baby.
You've never even seen your team live..
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:22 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Stuck On Stupid:
You've never even seen your team live..

You have a serious mental problem, I told you years ago I saw the Raiders play the Panthers in Charlotte but you are stuck on stupid I guess.

I would take you off my ignore list but you say the same stupid stuff over and over.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:14 AM 11-16-2019
Yes, now more than ever
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:16 AM 11-16-2019
since I was 12 Chiefs have been my team (I am 66 now)
My career took me from KC to Detroit, to Blacksburg Va. to Iowa to St. Louis. Was a Chiefs fan wherever I lived.

I have seen it all with this team and never changed.
Saw both superbowls (on TV)

Running out of time to see another one so I am very impatient now.

So after 50 years what is a fan supposed to do?
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 10:27 AM 11-16-2019
Yes. As frustrating as a loss can be now because expectations are higher it's 10x more enjoyable than the Pioli and Herm years.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:33 AM 11-16-2019
I hate them.
I love them.
I love to hate them.
I hate to love them.
I'm conflicted.
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 07:00 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I hate them.
I love them.
I love to hate them.
I hate to love them.
I'm conflicted.
I feel the same.
I wear my gear throughout every week, win or loss.
I have watched for 44 years, that being since birth since I grew up 11 miles from Arrowhead.
I will always love them, but will always feel pessimistic until they prove me wrong and win another Superbowl.
Those are my feelings about them.

P.S. Because Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
007 10:40 AM 11-16-2019
To be honest, each year I care just a little less. Very tired of all the stupid little things that keep detailing them every single year.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:59 PM 11-17-2019
People come in and out of your life, you change schools, jobs, where you live but the Chiefs have always been consistent in their ability to fuck me right in the ass. I may die without seeing them win a super bowl but if I’m dead I won’t be able to watch them disappoint me either.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:41 AM 11-16-2019
After finally adding a MVP QB? You're damn straight I do. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:43 AM 11-16-2019
I've grown up a Mizzou, Royals and Chiefs fan. The Bermuda Triangle of sports loyalty.
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 07:02 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've grown up a Mizzou, Royals and Chiefs fan. The Bermuda Triangle of sports loyalty.
Ditto here on those three and the major heartache that has followed all three through the years, with some exceptions for the Royals.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up