ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 791
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260660 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:22 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Chris mecks meltdown when we sign Bell will be epic

ain't gonna happen.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:25 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Chris mecks meltdown when we sign Bell will be epic
I'm already popping popcorn for the cp meltdown
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 03-07-2019
It’s not happening.

I don’t know why people continue to ignore that Terez already shot Bell to KC down.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:26 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos did this with Manning. Shit they signed Demarcus Ware, Emmanuel Sanders, Aqib Talib and TJ Ward all in one offseason and it worked.

Rams were just in the Super Bowl after going all in.

Eagles absolutely went all in when they won the Super Bowl. Torrey Smith, Alston Jeffrey, Chance Warmack, Nick Foles, Chris Long, Patrick Robinson, Timmy Jernigan, Ronald Darby, Jay Ayaji. They brought all these guys in in 2017.
I guess.

I just don't like the idea of mortgaging a future for a one year run. There's no need. As long as you have Mahomes, you can seriously contend every year. If we do that 'all in' thing, we're going to end up the Packers; one ring and watch Mahomes get old with a shit cast around him.

-I'm aware that Green Bay is bad because of poor drafting and not because they went 'all in' I'm just saying, I don't want ONE ring, I want 6 or 7. I want decades of dominance.

Just get the defense to decent and we smoke everybody next year.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I guess.

I just don't like the idea of mortgaging a future for a one year run. There's no need. As long as you have Mahomes, you can seriously contend every year. If we do that 'all in' thing, we're going to end up the Packers; one ring and watch Mahomes get old with a shit cast around him.

-I'm aware that Green Bay is bad because of poor drafting and not because they went 'all in' I'm just saying, I don't want ONE ring, I want 6 or 7. I want decades of dominance.

Just get the defense to decent and we smoke everybody next year.
I don’t mind if they sign these guys to deals that works with our cap in the coming years.

The draft is the most important part of this. If Veach hits on some players then it won’t matter.

I still maintain that the problem with our cap was duration of contracts. If Houston and Berry had received 4 year contracts instead of 6, we would be in such a better place...especially if we would have just signed Berry in 2016 instead of 2017.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:32 AM 03-07-2019
I wouldn't melt down.

it's not like he's a bad player. He's a wildly expensive player at a position in which he's unlikely to drastically improve the production we already have.

I do think he's kind of a dick.

I do think it'd be an irresponsible move when you really need to improve your shit defense if you want to get to a Super Bowl and win it

My irritation with the suggestion last night was
1)thanks to a heaping helping of Buffalo Trace post rehearsal for the South By Southwest music festival in Austin next week and

2)the inability or unwillingness of people to look at the situation logically.

If they signed Bell, I'd raise an eyebrow for sure, wondering if Veach had lost his mind. Until he shows me he's an idiot though, I'd just wonder what his plan is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not happening.

I don’t know why people continue to ignore that Terez already shot Bell to KC down.
Because no one is 100% right, and it's the offseason.
[Reply]
chinaski 10:32 AM 03-07-2019
I just don't like the idea of mortgaging a future for a one year run. There's no need. As long as you have Mahomes, you can seriously contend every year.
This.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 03-07-2019
It’s not happening.

Terez isn't always right.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:33 AM 03-07-2019
I wouldn't melt down.

it's not like he's a bad player. He's a wildly expensive player at a position in which he's unlikely to drastically improve the production we already have.

I do think he's kind of a dick.

I do think it'd be an irresponsible move when you really need to improve your shit defense if you want to get to a Super Bowl and win it

My irritation with the suggestion last night was
1)thanks to a heaping helping of Buffalo Trace post rehearsal for the South By Southwest music festival in Austin next week and

2)the inability or unwillingness of people to look at the situation logically.

If they signed Bell, I'd raise an eyebrow for sure, wondering if Veach had lost his mind. Until he shows me he's an idiot though, I'd just wonder what his plan is.
Well, we're about to find out!
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 03-07-2019
It's hard enough to win 1 SB. To get what the Pats get, you'd have to get lucky as all get out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:34 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Terez isn't always right.

seems like he is more than not.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 03-07-2019
Terez isn't always right, but i'd imagine something like that he has a pretty good idea of.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 03-07-2019
Everybody thought the Rams were mortgaging their future last year. Guess who has about 3 times as much cap space as the Chiefs?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 AM 03-07-2019
It’s not happening.

Yeah Terez is the dude. I agree.

I think Landon Collins is happening though. I would put money on it at this point.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 791
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260660 > Last »
Up