ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 590 of 2691
« First < 90490540580586587588589590 59159259359460064069010901590 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
bigjosh 12:19 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
Tanoh looked pretty mediocre out there Sunday. Although he does have 8 months to work on it.
He did alright. He got after the QB a few times, made a few run stops too IIRC. I think he will end up being at least better than Dee Ford. There is alot of natural ability, size and strength he has that cant be taught.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 07:04 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I still think you go out and get a solid receiver for Pat to pair with all the other awesome weapons he has, but yeah this entire off-season can be focused on the defense. Not to overlook this year but 2018-19 Is going to be awesome.
Agreed. I was hoping to land Cooper Kupp in last years draft. I was tired of him killing Montana State and Montana so I hoped he would end up a Chief.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:28 AM 01-04-2018
Good breakdown here. Probably should have thrown it the other guy on the INT.

[Reply]
okcchief 08:34 AM 01-04-2018
Jimmy G may easily be the best of the bunch if you add him to the discussion. He has been clutch to start his career.

Weird to think he is only a year older than Wentz.

He’s a winner, but Mahomes has more upside. Watching Mahomes just just see stuff most guys including Jimmy G can’t. Jimmy G had 8 TDs and 5 picks in his 5 starts. That doesn’t blow you away, but he had such an effect on the entire team because they believe. I think Mahomes can have a similar impact, but that’s TBD. Like I said I like all these guys. The QB position seems to be in good hands. In the end a lot of it will come down to who gets the most rings, fair or not, so time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 09:00 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You could tell he was amped up and maybe a little nervous on that first drive. His 2nd pass to Robinson was behind and the INT sailed on him.

Once he settled down he was awesome.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:25 AM 01-04-2018
Tanoh looked pretty mediocre out there Sunday. Although he does have 8 months to work on it.
He looked “mediocre”?

He was pretty close to getting 3 sacks. Considering it was his first game getting a lot of action, I would say he looked better than mediocre.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 AM 01-04-2018
Good marks from PFF.
Originally Posted by :
QB PATRICK MAHOMES, 74.3 OVERALL GRADE

It was a solid debut for Chiefs’ rookie QB Mahomes. While he still had a lot of his college-style “scramble and try to make a play” game in him, he made some truly special throws. His across-the-body throw with 1:44 left in the game was one of the better throws you’ll see all year. Mahomes was much better when not under pressure, completing 14-of-19 passes for 174 yards compared to 8-of-16 for 110 yards and a pick when pressured.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:45 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He looked “mediocre”?

He was pretty close to getting 3 sacks. Considering it was his first game getting a lot of action, I would say he looked better than mediocre.
against a top ranked defense too
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I saw that but I disagree with him.

The play was designed to go wherever the safety 'sent' the throw. When the safety dropped back, it opened up the 1st read. The double move at the top is only the read if the 1st guy is covered (because it's the longer developing route).

Mahomes got the look he needed and had the open 1st read just as he hit the back of his drop. He makes a good throw and it's a big gain. You don't pass on a 15+ yard throw on the off chance that a 20 yard throw just happens to open up. There's simply no way to know if that's going to happen and if it doesn't, you've fucked that entire play up. Now you're looking at a possible sack that takes you out of FG range.

What Mahomes did is EXACTLY what we want to see him doing - he played within the offense and made the right throw at the right time. He just missed. Shit happens.

What that guy is doing is the epitome of Monday Morning Quarterbacking and it's pretty stupid.
[Reply]
Shag 10:14 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The play was designed to go wherever the safety 'sent' the throw. When the safety dropped back, it opened up the 1st read. The double move at the top is only the read if the 1st guy is covered (because it's the longer developing route).

Mahomes got the look he needed and had the open 1st read just as he hit the back of his drop. He makes a good throw and it's a big gain. You don't pass on a 15+ yard throw on the off chance that a 20 yard throw just happens to open up. There's simply no way to know if that's going to happen and if it doesn't, you've fucked that entire play up. Now you're looking at a possible sack that takes you out of FG range.

What Mahomes did is EXACTLY what we want to see him doing - he played within the offense and made the right throw at the right time. He just missed. Shit happens.

What that guy is doing is the epitome of Monday Morning Quarterbacking and it's pretty stupid.
I said almost the exact same thing when this vid was posted earlier - I really disagree with this guy's take on that play. The inside route is open when Mahomes hits the top of his drop, and the safety has yet to commit either way. Absolutely the right decision, just a poor throw. I'll bet he hits that 9/10 times.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:41 AM 01-04-2018
It's pretty high praise when Brett Favre says that he'd rather have Patrick Mahomes future than his own past!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
It's pretty high praise when Brett Favre says that he'd rather have Patrick Mahomes future than his own past!
When did he say this?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:56 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Mahomes got the look he needed and had the open 1st read just as he hit the back of his drop. He makes a good throw and it's a big gain. You don't pass on a 15+ yard throw on the off chance that a 20 yard throw just happens to open up. There's simply no way to know if that's going to happen and if it doesn't, you've ****ed that entire play up. Now you're looking at a possible sack that takes you out of FG range.

I agree. The read was correct, it was just a bad throw.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:03 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Where did you see this?
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:11 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Where did you see this?
Just wishful thinking
[Reply]
Page 590 of 2691
« First < 90490540580586587588589590 59159259359460064069010901590 > Last »
Up