ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2073 of 3903
« First < 1073157319732023206320692070207120722073 207420752076207720832123217325733073 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 01:12 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yeah, it can be rough. About 15-20 percent of people feel bad for a few days, but Shingrix is much more effective than Zostavax was.
Hell, even the name sounds like something painful.
[Reply]
sedated 01:14 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For me, masks are like condoms. You want to have sex with someone? OK, fine. We won't prevent you from doing it, but at least wear a condom. It's not as comfortable. It's not as pleasurable. But it protects her a ton and you some. It's part of the bargain.
I can kind of see that, but the consequences of unprotected sex are limited to those directly involved in the decision whether or not to engage in that act.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:14 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Phase I is human, so I was mistaken. I'd only heard about the rhesus macaques.
I heard somebody else was in Phase I but I might be mistaken .
[Reply]
lewdog 01:15 PM 05-15-2020
Looking at antibody testing at work.

Still doesn’t look like this proves anything like immunity though? Kind of pointless?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:15 PM 05-15-2020
The fuck? Ever been to wal mart? Ever paid for someone else's food stamps? Poor people not wear condoms have an effect on lots of people
[Reply]
Monticore 01:22 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude what facts was I ignoring? You started talking about vaccines and I pointed out we don't have one and the group of people that discussed this didn't speak as if we had one. If we get one, great. Until then it's all talk.
You said everybody would get covid no matter what we do so why bother, like we will all get the flu.

I said not everybody has gotten the flu.

the you came at me with a gotcha! well if everybody doesn't get the flu why are you worried about the contagiousness of covid.

I said because we have a vaccine that protects people from the flu.

then you said we can't just wait for a vaccine we might never have one.

So I corrected you on one of your arguments then you moved the goalposts to a different one and then did it again.

I'm paraphrasing , but even just writing this out got me frustrated again.

P.S. I still love ya Pete
[Reply]
petegz28 01:22 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Looking at antibody testing at work.

Still doesn’t look like this proves anything like immunity though? Kind of pointless?

[Reply]
Strongside 01:42 PM 05-15-2020
Well, this is certainly interesting.

Fox News covered this a bit ago, and had a rep from Sorrento on air, basically saying they've found a cure in preclinical trials. They sound pretty confident. I'm still skeptical, though.

That said, I bought stock at $3 this morning based on news this guy was going on-air. It's now at $8 a share. It's all over Twitter and investment news, but it's interesting that this isn't being more widely talked about.

Don’t look now but $SRNE is saying they have a CURE for Covid. Not a vaccine. A cure.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure. There is a solution that works 100 percent," Dr. Henry Ji, founder and CEO of Sorrento Therapeutics, told Fox News https://t.co/D4UX3GCtH1

— Quoth the Raven (@QTRResearch) May 15, 2020

"A treatment could be available months before a vaccine hits the market."
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:51 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:

Fox News covered this a bit ago, and had a rep from Sorrento on air, basically saying they've found a cure in preclinical trials. They sound pretty confident. I'm still skeptical, though.

That said, I bought stock at $3 this morning based on news this guy was going on-air. It's now at $8 a share. It's all over Twitter and investment news, but it's interesting that this isn't being more widely talked about.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covi...y-breakthrough

news just broke

I'm skeptical but this would be fucking huge.
[Reply]
Donger 01:52 PM 05-15-2020

100%? Wow, if true.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 05-15-2020
It's an antibody i'd imagine without opening and reading.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:54 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
https://www.foxnews.com/science/covi...y-breakthrough

news just broke

I'm skeptical but this would be fucking huge.
It's hard to understand how they could claim a "cure" without all the trials, but...sure...fingers crossed.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:54 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
100%? Wow, if true.
Yeah I would think it would be easy to test, clearly they have seen something to make this statement.

But this might be a really interesting scientific break through.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:54 PM 05-15-2020

Some pretty bold statements in there, not ones you normally here from scientists but we will see.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:55 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's an antibody i'd imagine without opening and reading.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 2073 of 3903
« First < 1073157319732023206320692070207120722073 207420752076207720832123217325733073 > Last »
Up