ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 386
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Dylan 01:05 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Where are you getting that?
If you watched the beginning of the scene in the video that I had posted, you will see the Night King part the flames in front of him and walk through with three or four Wights at his side. The White Walkers stayed behind until the fire was cleared.

Seeing the Night King and the way he is dressed, says his living life was royal.

I cannot see them making the Night King out to be some nobody. Perhaps that is why I had asked in an earlier thread if there is a possibility that the Night King could be Bran or some other royal that would shock us.

still editing my thoughts :-)
[Reply]
RustShack 01:19 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Dylan:
If you watched the beginning of the scene in the video that I had posted, you will see the Night King part the flames in front of him and walk through with three or four Wights at his side. The White Walkers stayed behind until the fire was cleared.

Seeing the Night King and the way he is dressed, says his living life shows royalty.

I cannot see them making the Night King out to be a nobody. Perhaps that is why I had asked in an earlier thread if there is a possibility that the Night King could be Bran or someone else.

still editing my thoughts :-)
The Night King parted the flames, and the White Walkers walked past it with him. Fire didn't touch any of them, and the wights ran around because they can't go through fire.
[Reply]
Dylan 08-16-2017, 01:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Dylan.
Dylan 01:27 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
The Night King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and is believed to be a Stark(The original Three Eyed Raven was his friend, and a Targaryen). He might be immune to fire, but the Wights sure aren't.
Just reading the posts now.

Thanks
[Reply]
underEJ 01:50 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It doesn't explicitly say but I think it is intended to be the original night king, whether or not that is the current night king or whatever. Big thing is the COF took a man and made the others.
Yes, it isn't explicit and there have been two different actors in all that makeup, but the actor we saw as human in season 6 is the one we are currently seeing in season 7 so I kind of made the jump to assume they mean he is the original. Can't look to the books for that either because he isn't the same thing.

As far as the end game goes, we don't even really know for sure if he is still serving the children (his creator) or not. The children might be as conflicting as the lord of light with the mixed messages and poor interpretations. Jon's speech about the cave drawings did what he needed it to do to bring Dany closer to his side, but it is quite possible that he is 100% wrong about the common enemy thing.

All we really know is that men have forgotten whatever it is they need to know.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:15 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Yes, it isn't explicit and there have been two different actors in all that makeup, but the actor we saw as human in season 6 is the one we are currently seeing in season 7 so I kind of made the jump to assume they mean he is the original. Can't look to the books for that either because he isn't the same thing.

As far as the end game goes, we don't even really know for sure if he is still serving the children (his creator) or not. The children might be as conflicting as the lord of light with the mixed messages and poor interpretations. Jon's speech about the cave drawings did what he needed it to do to bring Dany closer to his side, but it is quite possible that he is 100% wrong about the common enemy thing.

Wow, I'm such a shallow TV/movie watcher. These threads always give me a lot to think about that would have otherwise never crossed my mind.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:26 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by underEJ:

I saw a theory that claimed that the Night King was actually the Last Hero, and was turned into his present form by the Children to control the White Walkers and take them back North. The reason that he suddenly changed his mind recently is not known.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:34 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I saw a theory that claimed that the Night King was actually the Last Hero, and was turned into his present form by the Children to control the White Walkers and take them back North. The reason that he suddenly changed his mind recently is not known.
I've seen the theory that it's because of Danny and the Dragons, and she's the evil they are trying to stop lol.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:47 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I've seen the theory that it's because of Danny and the Dragons, and she's the evil they are trying to stop lol.
I think that was included in the theory I saw. I don't buy that part, as the WW didn't come down when Aegon conquered Westeros with his dragons.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:11 PM 08-16-2017
I think that was included in the theory I saw. I don't buy that part, as the WW didn't come down when Aegon conquered Westeros with his dragons.
I really don't either. I think it's just because they know that it's supposed to be the coldest and longest winter since the last time they came.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:22 PM 08-16-2017
How fucked would it be to have the NK and the WW kill Dany and then just turn around and head back north? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:24 PM 08-16-2017
I had fun with this.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:00 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I had fun with this.

Good work. Too bad were going to need some new A-Team members after Sunday. Will miss them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:47 PM 08-16-2017
I'm pretty sure that the book Night's King (who you describe, and who deserted the Night's Watch when he fell in love with a female Other) is not the same as the show Night King.

Per GRRM: “In the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder,” Martin writes on his Not-A-Blog, “And no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.”
The Night's King, who was the 13th Lord Commander, married a white walker. He is definitely not the same as the Night King from north of the wall that we saw get turned into what he is now. At least such a thing hasn't been revealed yet though I guess it could be that way.

This link helps explain it. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

You could also find a page about the Night King.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:39 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Night's King, who was the 13th Lord Commander, married a white walker. He is definitely not the same as the Night King from north of the wall that we saw get turned into what he is now. At least such a thing hasn't been revealed yet though I guess it could be that way.

This link helps explain it. http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

You could also find a page about the Night King.
From your link:

Originally Posted by :
After he was killed, it was discovered that he had been making human sacrifices to the Others - the White Walkers - and all records of him were destroyed, and uttering his name was forbidden, so it became lost to history. Nevertheless, it is believed he may have been a Bolton, a Magnar of Skagos, an Umber, a Flint, a Norrey, or a Woodfoot, though Old Nan claims to know a version of the tale where he was actually a Stark, brother to the King-in-the-North, named Bran
I guess this and The Door is where the Bran=Night King theory sprouted legs?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:37 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Holy shit. Samwell Tarly you stud.

Boy all grown up. Alpha as ****.
...too soon to say "Samwell tarly, only of his name?"
[Reply]
Page 79 of 386
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up