ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 368 of 460
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378418 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:59 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Your spin rates are too high, which is what is costing you distance. Also, decreasing the dynamic loft of the club will open the face, which will help you straighten out a hook and bring the launch angle down.

Set the adapter to the minus, which will reduce the loft of the clubface by 1 degree. If you're still having problems, the bold minus is -1.5. The F-minus flattens the lie angle of the club, which will encourage a more open toe into impact and less hook spin.
Thanks Hamas! I'll give this a try.

Originally Posted by Monticore:
The shaft is probably more important, I got fitted with all the new stuff a few gears ago spent 80 $ to have the guy tell me the club I have ( g10 with pro launch shaft )was the best option. The 400 dollar shafts were nice but were not worth it.

The only way he said I would get more distance was changing my approach angle .
105 swing speed I was able to gain almost 25 yards just changing that but it isn’t natural so stick to my old swing , I can deal with most courses with. 250 carry + roll.

Get properly fitted since then I haven’t even looked at a new driver.
How did you do that?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:02 PM 05-18-2020
I used to Have a big draw and spent years trying to straighten out, now I wish I had that old swing , hitting the ball straight sucks , pick a curve any curve and learn how to use it, consistency is king .

My dad shoots low 70s at 73with his non text book swing and my pretty swing can barely keep it on the course.
I've had a draw or hook for 15 years now. It is nice to know where it is going. You are right. But it's such a sweeping hook at times if there are trees on the right or an obstruction I'll hit them off of the tee haha.

The best I ever played is when I was a 17 year old kid and I hit a fade. I was only hitting it 260ish but I knew exactly where everything was going and I could control it alot better with a fade. I shot in the 60's a few times and won some junior golf tournaments and had a nice men's city tournament finish. I've never been able to get back to that form because for some reason I got an ego and wanted to hit further. I focused on hitting a draw which turned into a hook and it never could regain that form.
[Reply]
srvy 03:46 PM 05-18-2020
I used to Have a big draw and spent years trying to straighten out, now I wish I had that old swing , hitting the ball straight sucks , pick a curve any curve and learn how to use it, consistency is king .

My dad shoots low 70s at 73with his non text book swing and my pretty swing can barely keep it on the course.
:-) That's called a hook. You are right getting fitted for clubs can help a lot and the right shaft will make a huge difference. Most weekend golfers play with the wrong shafts for their swing plane and clubhead speed. Most players in that class almost always use stiff shafted clubs when the really should be in regular flex. Shafts have a kick point low is near the clubhead creates a high ball flight. Mid Kickpoint is medium or normal ball flight. A high kick point near the grip will create a low driving ball flight. Now your swing also comes into play also so the dial a loft and open flat and closed face adjustment theory comes in play. It's intended to allow the golfer to tune to his desired game without changing shafts or bending irons so many degrees open or closed. Ping used to have a nice club grip called dial a grip it had degree graduations on the grip cap with grooves down the grip corresponding to that degree.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:47 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thanks Hamas! I'll give this a try.

How did you do that?
Just trying to stay back a little longer trying to sweep it , I was hitting down on it like a short iron.

My problem was hitting to low with high spin rate I use 10.5 degree and still hit the ball to low. I am to steep.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:49 PM 05-18-2020
I've had a draw or hook for 15 years now. It is nice to know where it is going. You are right. But it's such a sweeping hook at times if there are trees on the right or an obstruction I'll hit them off of the tee haha.

The best I ever played is when I was a 17 year old kid and I hit a fade. I was only hitting it 260ish but I knew exactly where everything was going and I could control it alot better with a fade. I shot in the 60's a few times and won some junior golf tournaments and had a nice men's city tournament finish. I've never been able to get back to that form because for some reason I got an ego and wanted to hit further. I focused on hitting a draw which turned into a hook and it never could regain that form.
Ya I did the same , I was young with huge draw shooting in the 60s and decided to change it for the same reasons you don’t like it now , left to right doglegs sucked .
[Reply]
Monticore 04:54 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-) That's called a hook. You are right getting fitted for clubs can help a lot and the right shaft will make a huge difference. Most weekend golfers play with the wrong shafts for their swing plane and clubhead speed. Most players in that class almost always use stiff shafted clubs when the really should be in regular flex. Shafts have a kick point low is near the clubhead creates a high ball flight. Mid Kickpoint is medium or normal ball flight. A high kick point near the grip will create a low driving ball flight. Now your swing also comes into play also so the dial a loft and open flat and closed face adjustment theory comes in play. It's intended to allow the golfer to tune to his desired game without changing shafts or bending irons so many degrees open or closed. Ping used to have a nice club grip called dial a grip it had degree graduations on the grip cap with grooves down the grip corresponding to that degree.
Calling it a draw helps me mentally lol. Now I can hit pretty much any shot on the range but when I get on the course I don’t know what to play lol, my head gets in the way and it can get ugly out there.

But every time I go see a pro he says I don’t need lessons I need a shrink .
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:39 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If you're gonna spend a fuckton of cash on a new driver, make sure to get properly fitted.

And I don't mean at like Golf Galaxy, Dicks, etc. Best thing I ever did for my game was to get properly fitted for my clubs.
I just quit counting bad shots.
[Reply]
srvy 10:12 PM 05-18-2020
Calling it a draw helps me mentally lol. Now I can hit pretty much any shot on the range but when I get on the course I don’t know what to play lol, my head gets in the way and it can get ugly out there.

But every time I go see a pro he says I don’t need lessons I need a shrink .
So you and bwillie were scoring in the 60s on par 71 to 72 courses from the back tees with decent slope ratings with hooks and slices. Why in the sam hell are you worried about clubs and fittings. Most people would be tickled to death with a sub 70 round as a weekend golfer.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:39 PM 05-18-2020
So you and bwillie were scoring in the 60s on par 71 to 72 courses from the back tees with decent slope ratings with hooks and slices. Why in the sam hell are you worried about clubs and fittings. Most people would be tickled to death with a sub 70 round as a weekend golfer.
I only shot in the 60s twice 67 66 in the same week on a par 70 slope 68 and my home course when I played 36 a day , I haven’t come close since .

I am a mid to low 80s guy now on different courses with the 90+ blow thrown in these days so need all the help I can get , hitting more than 3 fairways a round would help I guess.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:47 AM 05-19-2020
I've played golf in college. Played in a few AJGA events when I was a kiddo. I took around a 5 year hiatus from the game in my 20's. I play about once a year now although I did get out 3 times last year. I'm not up to date on golf stuff anymore. I just learned that a 3-Hybrid is actually the loft of a 3-iron and not a 3-wood. I had no idea until yesterday, I thought they were the same loft.

I can't shoot in the 60's anymore, or even get close. I shoot lower 80's now and feel pretty good about it. When I was sometimes getting into the 60's, I was hitting fade as my natural shot pattern. I could hit a draw if I wanted to, but it wasn't very natural and I didn't have the ability to control it. It was mainly just used as a scrambling shot. The hook started in college when they started tweaking my swing. I got worse with instruction but alot of it was me trying to figure out how to hit a high draw which turned into pretty much a hook. It required me to totally revamp and invent my swing.

With that said, I bet you could shoot 60's at easy muni wide open courses even with a hook or a slice under perfect conditions.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:22 AM 05-19-2020
I've played golf in college. Played in a few AJGA events when I was a kiddo. I took around a 5 year hiatus from the game in my 20's. I play about once a year now although I did get out 3 times last year. I'm not up to date on golf stuff anymore. I just learned that a 3-Hybrid is actually the loft of a 3-iron and not a 3-wood. I had no idea until yesterday, I thought they were the same loft.

I can't shoot in the 60's anymore, or even get close. I shoot lower 80's now and feel pretty good about it. When I was sometimes getting into the 60's, I was hitting fade as my natural shot pattern. I could hit a draw if I wanted to, but it wasn't very natural and I didn't have the ability to control it. It was mainly just used as a scrambling shot. The hook started in college when they started tweaking my swing. I got worse with instruction but alot of it was me trying to figure out how to hit a high draw which turned into pretty much a hook. It required me to totally revamp and invent my swing.

With that said, I bet you could shoot 60's at easy muni wide open courses even with a hook or a slice under perfect conditions.
The more I learned about the golf swing the worse I got, I wanted more distance and a textbook swing etc.. wish I could go back to being young dumb and cocky.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:58 AM 05-19-2020
I got some comp time today from working over the weekend, so I've got a tee time in about 1 hour.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:16 PM 05-19-2020
God, I suck at golf. I'm pretty much looking to break 100 when I play. I was sitting at 44 going to the 9th hole so I'm thinking bogey for 49 and I'll be happy, par and I'll be thrilled..

Then a ****ing 9 happened. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 06:49 PM 05-19-2020

Yeah no never ever broke into the 60s at my age probably not going to happen as infrequently I get to play now.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:54 PM 05-19-2020
Yeah no never ever broke into the 60s at my age probably not going to happen as infrequently I get to play now.
The average golfer spends 80% of their practice time on their long game , if we put that time into chipping and putting everyone’s game would get better, when you are confident on your short game you don’t care as much when you end up and you put better swing on the ball and actually end up chipping less.

This game is a mind fuck
[Reply]
Page 368 of 460
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378418 > Last »
Up