ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 459
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328378 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:32 AM 02-17-2014
The Eisenhower tree was removed yesterday due to the ice storms in the southeast. Major bummer.

Regarding Cheyenne Woods: her swing is a mixture of a one and two plane swing. She takes the club back a bit under plane about half way back, then lifts it almost straight up at the end of the backswing. A good transition allows her to re-route the club on plane and a slight inside path on the way down, and she finishes in perfect balance.
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Played all week in Maui. If there is one thing I can do, it's shoot 90 anywhere. Had 5 pars and a birdie. In February. What a beautiful place.
Where did you play?

I've played the Gold Course at Wailea Golf Club and the Plantation Course at Kapalua in November 2001. Spectacular!
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:07 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Anyone making any equipment changes this year?
Just picked up a Mizuno MP-R12 54 degree.

Haven't played yet this year, though being an accountant doesn't do me any favors at the moment.

Possibly looking for a new putter
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:31 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Just picked up a Mizuno MP-R12 54 degree.

Haven't played yet this year, though being an accountant doesn't do me any favors at the moment.

Possibly looking for a new putter
Speaking of putters...

Read great things last summer about these grips on GolfWrx. Bought one on a whim.

http://salty-grips.myshopify.com/

Completely changed my putting at the end of the season. Feel was amazing. For those of you that flyfish, think about the feel/sensitivity the cork provides. It's expensive, but my putting has improved dramatically.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:41 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Eisenhower tree was removed yesterday due to the ice storms in the southeast. Major bummer.
Yep. Saw this last night. Bummed out, as I'm making my first trip to Augusta National this year.

I'm betting they'll spend the $750K+ and have "Ike II" planted before April, though.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:48 AM 02-17-2014
Sad news on that tree
[Reply]
philfree 12:01 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
All those courses pretty much are goat farms. But for the price, you can't beat it.
Deer Lakes not to bad, certainly not C.C. but at one point in it's life it was pretty good for a public course. These days they are operating on a shoe string budget. Of course standing there in Hawaii I would imagine most courses on the mainland seems like goat ranches.
[Reply]
philfree 12:14 PM 02-17-2014

Regarding Cheyenne Woods: her swing is a mixture of a one and two plane swing. She takes the club back a bit under plane about half way back, then lifts it almost straight up at the end of the backswing. A good transition allows her to re-route the club on plane and a slight inside path on the way down, and she finishes in perfect balance.
And ice storm can devastate a golf course. Losing such a piece of history makes it even worse though.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:17 PM 02-17-2014
Just got an email from StubHub.

My extra pair of Wednesday Practice Round tickets for The Masters just sold. Cleared over $1400.

Nice ROI.
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:25 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Just got an email from StubHub.

My extra pair of Wednesday Practice Round tickets for The Masters just sold. Cleared over $1400.

Nice ROI.
I'm still looking for that new putter :-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:29 PM 02-17-2014
Looks like I have to get my boy a new set of clubs, since he's outgrown his Callaways. Can you guys recommend a good set? He's kind of throttled back his love for golf, unfortunately.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:32 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
Looks like I have to get my boy a new set of clubs, since he's outgrown his Callaways. Can you guys recommend a good set? He's kind of throttled back his love for golf, unfortunately.
If he's playing with a full set of men's clubs it's impossible to truly outgrow them. Just put new shafts in them if the clubhead works well.

Regarding recommendations: that depends entirely upon relative skill level: both how straight and how far he hits the ball, and his age and size.
[Reply]
Donger 01:34 PM 02-17-2014
If he's playing with a full set of men's clubs it's impossible to truly outgrow them. Just put new shafts in them if the clubhead works well.

Regarding recommendations: that depends entirely upon relative skill level: both how straight and how far he hits the ball, and his age and size.
He isn't. He's had a set of Callaway Juniors for a few years.

He's about 5'3" and 12 years old. He hits very straight (fucker) and can get about 220 with his driver.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:39 PM 02-17-2014
Take him in for a dynamic fitting. Otherwise, it's just guesswork. Avoid player's irons for now like Mizuno or Titleist, and ask around for good fitters in your area that have outdoor ranges so they aren't trying to fit him based solely upon Trackman numbers or a net.
[Reply]
Donger 01:41 PM 02-17-2014
Take him in for a dynamic fitting. Otherwise, it's just guesswork. Avoid player's irons for now like Mizuno or Titleist, and ask around for good fitters in your area that have outdoor ranges so they aren't trying to fit him based solely upon Trackman numbers or a net.
Great, I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 459
« First < 178228268274275276277278 279280281282288328378 > Last »
Up