ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 460
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:27 PM 03-07-2010
If anybody in the KC area wants to get together to play some golf let me know. I've played about 10 times in the last 6 years so I pretty much blow now. Would like to get back into it and don't have any friends that play. Used to shoot mid 70's, shot a 67 once, but now I'm probably a 80-90 golfer.
[Reply]
philfree 10:25 PM 03-07-2010
My clubs are so old.
"How Old are they?"

Seriously. I have 12-15 year old mizunos. I have steel shafted t-toid woods. I need to upgrade badly so what's the pro's playing these days? I think I still need what they play. I really don't like the way golf tech has gone but I guess I should keep up. Are they still making drivers over length? 43", 43.5" 44.5"? I have no clue. I've played golf since the I was 10 but I never was a club guy. All I wanted was a new set of Hogan Apex's and I was good. LOL....That was a different world in regards to golf.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
Braincase 10:58 PM 03-07-2010
Originally Posted by philfree:
My clubs are so old.
"How Old are they?"

Seriously. I have 12-15 year old mizunos. I have steel shafted t-toid woods. I need to upgrade badly so what's the pro's playing these days? I think I still need what they play. I really don't like the way golf tech has gone but I guess I should keep up. Are they still making drivers over length? 43", 43.5" 44.5"? I have no clue. I've played golf since the I was 10 but I never was a club guy. All I wanted was a new set of Hogan Apex's and I was good. LOL....That was a different world in regards to golf.

Get some new ones fitted for you and get them fitted for you THIS YEAR!! After this year, you can't get the old grooves. I'm thinking of getting another set of Ping G-5's as a backup.
[Reply]
Miles 12:50 AM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I was at a Dick's Sporting Goods last night and found the following clubs:

Callaway FT-IQ Imix (Fubuki) for 199 (they also have the V2 and ProLaunch, FWIW)
Ping Rapture (original) with a Blueboard for 199.

Thoughs?
Seems a little pricey for the 07 model rapture compared to what you can probably hunt up on ebay. I can't comment on one with a Blueboard since I haven't hit that combo but I really like it with a Proto VS which I have played for the past three seasons.

Looks like a better deal on the FT-IQ Imix. I hit one a few months ago and though it felt surprisingly solid but I just can't get past the clubhead design on setup.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:58 AM 03-08-2010
The thing about the Rapture is that it's a stupid long club, and I wouldn't mind getting one new as opposed to buying used, simply for the fact that you know the face will have life in it.
[Reply]
Miles 01:09 AM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by philfree:
My clubs are so old.
"How Old are they?"

Club technology has progressed quite a lot in the past 10-12 years with both clubheads and composite shafts. I would probably suggest replacing the driver first since that will probably be the most different/improvement than what you currently have in your bag. Standard length is now 45.5" and the heads are a hell of a lot bigger than the 90's.

What mizuno irons are you playing? T-zoid pro, MP-29 or something? More traditional players irons haven't changed quite as much as others so depending on what you have you may be able to stick with them.

Finding a demo day or a driving range that has a pro shop with a lot of options to hit would probably be a good starting point.

What is your handycap? I can toss out a few suggestions of what you may consider.
[Reply]
Miles 01:23 AM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The thing about the Rapture is that it's a stupid long club, and I wouldn't mind getting one new as opposed to buying used, simply for the fact that you know the face will have life in it.
I usually mess around with various demo drivers over the holidays for the hell of it whenever I am playing with my parents. I still haven't found anything that has really been longer than my Rapture. IMO Ping did a nice job of balancing the benefits of the more extreme MOI designs with the length of on center hits of the more traditional shape.

The only driver I thought I might like slightly better was an R9 with a Fujikura Motore shaft but I never really considered making the change.
[Reply]
philfree 09:20 AM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Miles:
Club technology has progressed quite a lot in the past 10-12 years with both clubheads and composite shafts. I would probably suggest replacing the driver first since that will probably be the most different/improvement than what you currently have in your bag. Standard length is now 45.5" and the heads are a hell of a lot bigger than the 90's.

What mizuno irons are you playing? T-zoid pro, MP-29 or something? More traditional players irons haven't changed quite as much as others so depending on what you have you may be able to stick with them.

Finding a demo day or a driving range that has a pro shop with a lot of options to hit would probably be a good starting point.

What is your handycap? I can toss out a few suggestions of what you may consider.
I have a set of Mp-14s. I used to be a decent stick and if I play much I'll shoot low 70's maybe even under par if I get it going. I spent my youth pounding golfballs but I never kept up with the clubs. At this point I need to find a driver I can bomb but I just hate the big heads. I'm kind of stuck. That's why I bought the t-zoids. They were the smallest head I could find. Before that I was still using wood woods.

[Reply]
Lono 09:30 AM 03-08-2010
So my buddy called me last night and said he had some cash to buy some new clubs. He isn't very good only started playing last summer. He was wanting suggestions on the best clubs to get. I told him I'd think about it. I know he needs some that will be maximum forgiveness and probably oversized clubheads. You guys have some ideas for me to give him? I think he would spend up to about $600. He is the kind of guy who wants nice stuff but still wants something that is going to help him.
[Reply]
Braincase 05:01 PM 03-23-2010
Got hooked the f*** up! One of my students this week helped me score a Garmin Approach G5 for the right price. Getting shipped to the house by the end of the week, so with next week's prep week, I ought to be to hit the links at least once.
[Reply]
smittysbar 07:46 PM 03-23-2010
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Got hooked the f*** up! One of my students this week helped me score a Garmin Approach G5 for the right price. Getting shipped to the house by the end of the week, so with next week's prep week, I ought to be to hit the links at least once.
You will fall in love with GPS, SO convenient.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:34 AM 03-24-2010
Played yesterday, shot 95 with four fucking triple bogeys.

Not thrilled, but I'll take it for first round of the year.
[Reply]
spanky 52 07:58 AM 03-24-2010
I also got out for the first time yesterday and shot an 86. I play at the Elks GC here in Salina, Ks. In my defense, our greens were on the hairy side and kind of slow. Hit some nice drives and my iron play wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Come on nice weather.
[Reply]
smittysbar 05:50 PM 04-01-2010
Played like shit today!

We have the greens slick as hell though. I am really wanting new irons, I am thinking AP2's. I can get them at under cost.......wanting to pull the trigger.....BAD
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:59 PM 04-01-2010
Playing tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!

Look out neighboring windows, I'll be teeing off in about 20 hours!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 115 of 460
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up