ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Which Great Movie Do You Actually Hate?
CoMoChief 10:06 PM 02-22-2019
Arrival w/ Amy Adams was hands down top 10 worst movies I've ever seen....and everyone in media/hollywood gave it awesome reviews.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:54 PM 02-22-2019
Se7en was one of the best movies of the decade, but I will grant it requires a certain color of mood to enjoy.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 PM 02-22-2019
A Clockwork Orange is just a weird gigantic piece of shit. I could barely get through the first 30 mins.

The Big Lebowski is also a weird ass movie. I love some of the characters but the writing was beyond awful.

Apocalypse Now was boring

The Graduate was extremely overrated
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:12 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A Clockwork Orange is just a weird gigantic piece of shit. I could barely get through the first 30 mins.

The Big Lebowski is also a weird ass movie. I love some of the characters but the writing was beyond awful.

FUCK

YOU

Writing and dialogue was outstanding in that movie. Probably in my top5 favorite movies of alltime. (Dark Knight, Gladiator, Major League, Saving Private Ryan)
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:56 PM 02-22-2019

are you talking about Apocalypse Now or are you talking about Apocalypse Now Redux? ANR is about an hour longer than the movie that hit the cinema. but that hour makes an enormous difference. Apoc now is one of my favorites still. ANR; you couldn't pay me to watch it. it is too plodding

John Milius is a genius so long as you can stand him. I can stand him for about 2 and 1/2 hours
[Reply]
loochy 08:09 AM 02-25-2019

Me and my friends rented and watched that one Friday night during my senior year of high school. We were confused and disturbed.

10 years later I watched it again and appreciated it. I think you need to be in the right frame of mind and you have to pay VERY close attention to be able to make sense of their funny language usage. Example
Originally Posted by :
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."
or
Originally Posted by :
Doobiedoob, a bit tired maybe, best not to say more. Bedways is rightways now, so best we go homeways and get a bit of spatchka. Right-right?
^WTF? It takes a bitof effort to make sense of that rubbish.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:55 PM 01-19-2022

Dunno how I missed this, but this is almost precisely the 4 movies I would characterize as LEAST overrated.

I can understand how some might not like them, everyone has their own tastes in entertainment, but I would submit each are very high in my personal opinion on achieving what they sought to do.

Not saying this to argue merit, more to observe the near perfect synchrony of movies you single out for disdain and movies I'd pick out for praise.

Clockwork Orange I have the least personal affection for. I appreciate it, but it's not 'close to my heart' if that makes sense.

But if I were listing the best Drama, Comedy and overall movie of all time, I'm pretty sure those last three would be on the list at least until the bitter end.
[Reply]
007 11:13 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Se7en was one of the best movies of the decade, but I will grant it requires a certain color of mood to enjoy.
I loved it on the first watch but have no desire to watch it again. Just that kind of movie you only need to see once.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:27 PM 02-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I loved it on the first watch but have no desire to watch it again. Just that kind of movie you only need to see once.
I've probably watched it 50 times. I definitely agree that there are certain movies you only watch once. Raging Bull, The Revenant, Requiem for a Dream all fit that bill for me.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:35 AM 02-23-2019
Requiem for a Dream
Still to this day the most gut wrenching,no hope movie I've ever watched.Aronofsky took me to a world I could not wait to get out of and even though I could've left at any time(remote by my side) I could not leave because I genuinely cared about the characters and kept hoping redemption was to come.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:54 PM 02-22-2019
Meh. I'm twisted enough to have watched it multiple times. That fucking ending.... damn.

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:11 PM 02-22-2019
I can usually appreciate weird shit... but sometimes Wes Anderson films really piss me off.

I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but I fucking hate Life Aquatic and all the flaming douchebags who buy and wear those fucking beanies from the movie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:06 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can usually appreciate weird shit... but sometimes Wes Anderson films really piss me off.

I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but I fucking hate Life Aquatic and all the flaming douchebags who buy and wear those fucking beanies from the movie.
That move was a lot like Kingsman for me (though obviously very different in tone).

I watched it because it was there and I couldn't think of anything else to watch. I remembered the reception being pretty good and thought "eh, why not"

And when it was over I just sat there thinking "Damn, I did not see that coming. That movie was great!"

Like you, I can get a worn out on Wes Anderson; you know he'd be absolutely intolerable to hang out with. But for whatever reason, every single thing he does that can irritate the hell out of me in something like Moonrise Kingdom (a movie I REALLY wanted to like) worked perfectly in Grand Budapest Hotel.

Best I can come up with is better casting, but his movies tend to have about 70% overlap when it comes to actors. He's about as creative there as John Ford was.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:19 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like you, I can get a worn out on Wes Anderson
If you like Wes Anderson, but sometimes wish he wasn't so Wes Anderson-ey, check out the series Patriot.

It starts out taking a bit to adjust to rhythmically, but it builds quite nicely. I said more about it in the Must See Series thread, but I didn't mention the Wes Anderson-ness. It's mostly in the dryness, the deadpan, the camera blocking, and in the musical choices which are prime.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 PM 02-22-2019
I can’t believe I forgot this one. Manchester by the Sea is actually considered great. It’s even got 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Haha **** that movie in the ass and **** Ben Affleck’s retarded brother. My wife made me watch that movie in theatres and I can honestly say it’s the worst movie I’ve ever paid to see in a theater.

There’s no real star power in it, it’s depressing as shit and Casey Affleck ****ing sucks. Most pissed off I’ve ever been after seeing a movie.

Haven’t let my wife live that down since.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up