ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 538 of 3903
« First < 38438488528534535536537538 53954054154254858863810381538 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 04:20 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Sorry moved it.
Graciaus, man.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:22 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
we were watching people get welded into apartments in mid jan did any one really think china would do that over a just the flu (virus)
China also told us it couldnt be spread through the air in droplets and a bunch of other shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:24 PM 03-20-2020
Deaths as a % of total cases is down to 1.25% in this country. That is the lowest rate we have seem. Largely in part because of increased testing but keep in mind Italy is at 8.5% by the same measurement.
[Reply]
banyon 04:25 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
China also told us it couldnt be spread through the air in droplets and a bunch of other shit.
I’ve been no defender of China in this mess, but what did they actually say?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:28 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I always chew and pick at my fingernails.
Have not for three weeks. Longest nails since I was born. Thanks CV19

Wash my hands 4x or more a day.
That's gross, dude. Clip your goddamn nails.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 04:32 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The last I heard, just a few mins ago is 90% of tests are coming back negative.
That website generally supports your claim: 17k positive / 135k tests (12.6%). However, I'm not sure what to make of the true incidence of the virus. With all we've heard about patients with minor symptoms not receiving tests, along with reports of people (usually celebs/athletes) who were asymptomatic but tested positive, I'm guessing there are probably about 3-4 times as many true infections out there.

I wonder why 90% are negative? Surely with a shortage of tests it would behoove us to see if there was some common feature among positives or negatives to help better target the tests to those more likely to be positive.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 04:34 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Wash my hands 4x or more a day.
Rookie numbers! That's my hourly handwashing rate. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 04:34 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That is no where near up to date.
[Reply]
TLO 04:34 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Definitely a bit misleading. The virus has not "grown" 176%. Our testing is increasing. This is the kind of shit I hate from the media.
Agree here
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 04:34 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah, gonna need a source for that.
[Reply]
TLO 04:36 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
That website generally supports your claim: 17k positive / 135k tests (12.6%). However, I'm not sure what to make of the true incidence of the virus. With all we've heard about patients with minor symptoms not receiving tests, along with reports of people (usually celebs/athletes) who were asymptomatic but tested positive, I'm guessing there are probably about 3-4 times as many true infections out there.

I wonder why 90% are negative? Surely with a shortage of tests it would behoove us to see if there was some common feature among positives or negatives to help better target the tests to those more likely to be positive.
And if you believe the narrative of "we're only testing the sickest of the sick" that 90% negative rate becomes even more interesting.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:36 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There aren't easy answers, obviously, but there are options that could be considered. At a minimum, there will likely be some consideration of how existing U.S. manufacturing capacity could be quickly pivoted like Ford (and others) are saying they might be able to do for ventilators.

But I certainly am not claiming that it will be easy - only that it may be necessary.
Was on a conference call put together by an American manufacture of ventilators this afternoon.

They said they would be open to auto manufactures using their design to expand production. But, there are 1700+ parts in their ventilator. Most come from China. Would need the help from the government to get those parts through customs faster and to the automakers. To ensure trust, they would provide inspectors and quality test anything that went out to hospitals.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:37 PM 03-20-2020
Welp....

Work sent half of us home for 2 weeks while the other half works, in 2 weeks I go back and the other half gets 2 weeks off. Does absolutely nothing to stop the spread but whatever. 2 week vacation time
[Reply]
petegz28 04:38 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:

I agree and I think to a point we are going to have to assume a certain amount of cases "might" have it but we aren't going to necessarily test it unless there is a cause such as underlying medical conditions, etc.

Why 90% negative? That's a good question. All I can give you is we have seen one of the worst seasons for influenza in almost ever. I mean to the point that we were told at work that even if you did not work in a patient facing facility you had to wear a mask if you did not get the flu shot. Treatment for pneumonia has been very high this year as well.

So perhaps people just have the flu but symptoms are enough to require testing for Covid?
[Reply]
TLO 04:40 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Was on a conference call put together by an American manufacture of ventilators this afternoon.

They said they would be open to auto manufactures using their design to expand production. But, there are 1700+ parts in their ventilator. Most come from China. Would need the help from the government to get those parts through customs faster and to the automakers. To ensure trust, they would provide inspectors and quality test anything that went out to hospitals.
This might be a dumb question, but can we just borrow some ventilators from somewhere in the world that doesn't need them right now?
[Reply]
Page 538 of 3903
« First < 38438488528534535536537538 53954054154254858863810381538 > Last »
Up