ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2584 of 3903
« First < 1584208424842534257425802581258225832584 258525862587258825942634268430843584 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:04 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Did it matter to your teachers, school board or local and state governments?
Everything trickles up quite often.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:07 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
You think kids will have the same reasoning for going back to school as adults would ?

I have no problems letting my kids make mistakes which I think is an important part of life but I don't think they are informed enough on this subject to be able to make a decision on their own in this case .

Using "freedoms" as an excuse to be an idiot is well idiotic.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:14 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You think kids will have the same reasoning for going back to school as adults would ?

I have no problems letting my kids make mistakes which I think is an important part of life but I don't think they are informed enough on this subject to be able to make a decision on their own in this case .

Using "freedoms" as an excuse to be an idiot is well idiotic.
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever. I know I'm screaming at the sky with this group so I won't waste my time on it.
[Reply]
Donger 02:16 PM 07-13-2020
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered several sectors to once again shut down Monday amid an increasingly concerning coronavirus surge.

Bars, both indoor and outdoor, will be forced to close down statewide. Restaurants are being told to cease indoor operations. Outdoor dining and takeout are still allowed.

All counties also have to close indoor operations at wineries, tasting rooms, movie theaters, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums and cardrooms.

In counties on the state's watch list, even more businesses are being required to close their doors. That includes gyms, hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, other personal care services, indoor malls, offices in non-critical sectors, and places of worship.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:18 PM 07-13-2020
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever.
My kids have been playing hockey for over a month now , and I have no problems letting go back to school if they open up, but I want my kids to be able to make informed decisions and not just YOLO it through life .

It must be nice for your kids to have no rules and the ability to do whatever they want whenever they want.
[Reply]
Donger 02:18 PM 07-13-2020
I think a lot of times kids have better perspectives than over bearing adults. I sent my 12 year old back last week as did hundreds of others. You have to live.your life man. Hiding in the basement playing Madden with Mecca after he brings home a pizza from work can't go on forever. I know I'm screaming at the sky with this group so I won't waste my time on it.
Who is saying anything about forever?
[Reply]
Monticore 02:21 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered several sectors to once again shut down Monday amid an increasingly concerning coronavirus surge.

Bars, both indoor and outdoor, will be forced to close down statewide. Restaurants are being told to cease indoor operations. Outdoor dining and takeout are still allowed.

All counties also have to close indoor operations at wineries, tasting rooms, movie theaters, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums and cardrooms.

In counties on the state's watch list, even more businesses are being required to close their doors. That includes gyms, hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, other personal care services, indoor malls, offices in non-critical sectors, and places of worship.
BCD said they would never do that though , because freedoms and such.
[Reply]
eDave 02:22 PM 07-13-2020
BCD said they would never do that though , because freedoms and such.
This kind of thing is unnecessary. Thanks.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 02:26 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Great8:
My daughter will be a senior this year, and she definitely wants to go back to school in person.
She misses her friends, she wants a prom, and a real senior year.
It looks like she is going to be able to go 2 days in person, and the other 3 days remotely.
They are having half of the school go on Monday and Tuesday, the other half on Thursday and Friday, with Wednesday being a cleaning day at the school.
She has told me that she gets so much more out of face to face class time as opposed to the remote learning.
I think this is a great opportunity to really rethink how we do education in America even post Covid-19. Personally, I think a Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday schedule in that scenario would be more beneficial (and safer) for the students and faculty.

Hopefully, as a whole, we can move further away from standardized testing (and pedagogy) and more towards skill mastery so that students learn at the pace that best suits them.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:26 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This kind of thing is unnecessary. Thanks.
Probably , just trying to speak their language, my bad.
[Reply]
sedated 02:29 PM 07-13-2020
Like I stated, I am well aware of most of the people's positions in this particular thread when it comes to individual freedoms.They prefer them reduced.
So you believe that someone should be able to drive a car through your neighborhood with no regard to their blood alcohol level? Naked men should be able to go into your kids school without repercussion? You didn't put your infant kids in a child's car seat? You don't pay attention to speed limits or wear a seat belt?

Sure did.
You apparently can't even make good decisions as an adult so probably not much change since high school.
[Reply]
tooge 02:30 PM 07-13-2020
This doesn't affect my wife or I because my kids are both HS kids that drive now. But, neither of us are able to work from home in our lines of work. If I had kids that were younger, that couldn't stay home by themselves, one of us would have to quit our jobs. I feel bad for people that have to do that.
[Reply]
eDave 02:30 PM 07-13-2020
Probably , just trying to speak their language, my bad.
No worries. It's an easy temptation that attempts to normalizes shitty behavior.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:31 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I think this is a great opportunity to really rethink how we do education in America even post Covid-19. Personally, I think a Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday schedule in that scenario would be more beneficial (and safer) for the students and faculty.

Hopefully, as a whole, we can move further away from standardized testing (and pedagogy) and more towards skill mastery so that students learn at the pace that best suits them.

Kids need more independent self motivated learning , so this last semester wasn’t that bad I think my kids had to figure some stuff on their own more but they would need better access to teachers etc . I understand not all kids would do well but my kids needed a kick in the butt the stuff they were doing at school was a tad to easy for them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:33 PM 07-13-2020
HS kids have been proven to be really bad at decision making .
Well there are people that think we should change the voting age to 16.
[Reply]
Page 2584 of 3903
« First < 1584208424842534257425802581258225832584 258525862587258825942634268430843584 > Last »
Up