ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2534 of 3903
« First < 1534203424342484252425302531253225332534 253525362537253825442584263430343534 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:15 PM 07-08-2020
We could really use a new dishwasher.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:17 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
That’s not it. What about all those going to work making less than $600 a week take home putting themselves in danger? The ones that work at grocery stores, Amazon, fast food, Home Depot etc.... What’s the point of going to work and bringing home less than $600 a week and putting yourselves in harms way? What happens if everyone decides to stop going to work that makes minimum wage to $20 an hour? How will that work? I’m not against unemployment incentives as I said, but we need to incentivize all those people on the front lines who go to work every day. How is that hard to understand?
That $600 is on top of normal unemployment benefits. Here in Nebraska many are pulling in close to $1000/week. That's ridiculous.
[Reply]
eDave 02:19 PM 07-08-2020
That’s not it. What about all those going to work making less than $600 a week take home putting themselves in danger? The ones that work at grocery stores, Amazon, fast food, Home Depot etc.... What’s the point of going to work and bringing home less than $600 a week and putting yourselves in harms way? What happens if everyone decides to stop going to work that makes minimum wage to $20 an hour? How will that work? I’m not against unemployment incentives as I said, but we need to incentivize all those people on the front lines who go to work every day. How is that hard to understand?
Those going to work really don't want to be there due to the risk. Can't quit and expect to receive unemployment.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:20 PM 07-08-2020
People at home struggling to make rent August 1st really should prioritize putting their lives on the lines rather than asking for a free handout because they are currently unemployed.

The **** is wrong with you
[Reply]
stumppy 02:20 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by HUMONGOUS BONEREATER:
That $600 is on top of normal unemployment benefits. Here in Nebraska many are pulling in close to $1000/week. That's ridiculous.
The only way to eliminate those problems would have been to provide a certain percentage of each states regular unemployment benefits. I was kind of surprised that's not what happened.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:21 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
That $600 a week won't buy jack shit in a lot of places in this country.
$15 an hour * 40 hours = $600 then throw in fringe benefits and taxes and what’s left maybe $450 take home

$20 an hour * 40 hours =$800 which will get you just above $600 take home

It’s never been harder to hire people then it is now. Unemployment benefits were handled wrong this last round as it did nothing for essential workers who have to put themselves in harms way. They should extend the benefits and allow for front line essential workers to also take part in monetary benefits. Otherwise there is less and less incentive to go to work especially as this crisis worsens, and we as a country need those employees to function and stay open.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:21 PM 07-08-2020

Japan’s theme parks have banned screaming on roller coasters because it spreads coronavirus. “Please scream inside your heart.” https://t.co/DJjC40H0Ap

— Ben Pershing (@benpershing) July 8, 2020

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:22 PM 07-08-2020
Maybe add a return to work amount of like $300 a week and cut the fed unemployment bonus to 200 a week? You cant make more on unemployment no matter how they want to do it.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:24 PM 07-08-2020
It’s actually incentivizing many to not find work who normally would. As employers struggle to hire people you will hear more and more about this, especially if it’s extended. The media keeps highlighting the high unemployment rate, but the truth is many are hiring and many refuse to take the jobs. Even when those jobs pay $15 plus per hour. It’s not a no brainer at all. They need to extend unemployment benefits but incentivize those who also go back to work and make below a certain threshold.
You go to work so you can eat ,put a roof over your head,clothes on your back,that should be all the incentive you need
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:29 PM 07-08-2020
Otherwise there is less and less incentive to go to work especially as this crisis worsens, and we as a country need those employees to function and stay open.
Yeah, people should put their lives on the line for you.

Great plan.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:29 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
People at home struggling to make rent August 1st really should prioritize putting their lives on the lines rather than asking for a free handout because they are currently unemployed.

The **** is wrong with you
Never implied that. In fact I said the unemployment should be extended but with incentives for front line workers too. There are people going to the front lines every day that make less than they would unemployed. We have to incentivize and provide benefits for front line workers who put their lives at risk every day as finding employees is harder now than it’s ever been for many essential employers. This is not a no brainer problem to solve.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:35 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah, people should put their lives on the line for you.

Great plan.
I’m actually saying the exact opposite.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:39 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Maybe add a return to work amount of like $300 a week and cut the fed unemployment bonus to 200 a week? You cant make more on unemployment no matter how they want to do it.
Something like this would be a huge W for front line workers, especially if done in in hot spot states that are declared a state of emergency or something similar. I don’t know that those numbers are the answer, but we need to rethink the next round beyond just blindly extending the current benefits. Keep the $600 for the unemployed and incentivize the essential front line workers making below $20 an hour or the equivalent.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:47 PM 07-08-2020
Something like this would be a huge W for front line workers, especially if done in in hot spot states that are declared a state of emergency or something similar. I don’t know that those numbers are the answer, but we need to rethink the next round beyond just blindly extending the current benefits. Keep the $600 for the unemployed and incentivize the essential front line workers making below $20 an hour or the equivalent.
Unemployment was below 4% before C-19, so there's absolutely no reason to believe or think that people don't want to work.

Your "ideas" are bunk.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:05 PM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Unemployment was below 4% before C-19, so there's absolutely no reason to believe or think that people don't want to work.

Your "ideas" are bunk.
There's a reoccurring "meme" about this very subject I see on social media.

Guessing you haven't seen it so I'll summarize: no, people in fact, do not want to 'work' as you're framing it here.
[Reply]
Page 2534 of 3903
« First < 1534203424342484252425302531253225332534 253525362537253825442584263430343534 > Last »
Up