ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1038 of 2981
« First < 38538938988102810341035103610371038 103910401041104210481088113815382038 > Last »
The Dumbass Lounge>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Kiimosabi 02:08 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1. The tax rate in the UK is much higher, they're already used to having tons living on government cheddar.

2. The money gets deposited like in a week or two, chill.

3. If things are still bad next month they can do another round of stimulus, which I'm sure was the plan from the beginning.
That's only for direct deposit. Checks mailed out are looking at 20 weeks.


Also this quote from someone working in unemployment:

Originally Posted by :
Um, I work for a state agency. My job is not UI related; however, I volunteered to help.

We are currently sitting at 200k open UI claims with less than 100 people to work those claims. We expect in two weeks our UI claims number will be over 1 million.

So please, tell me again how Americans are quickly accessing $2400 a month from our existing UI infrastructure.

To make matters worse, we have been told by the federal government that we cannot implement all of the new UI provisions until USDOL has provided us guidance, which has not happened.

Good luck, America
[Reply]
petegz28 02:09 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Take this for what it's worth

Dr. Stephen Smith on effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine: 'I think this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-ste...f-the-pandemic
Oddly enough yesterday the Governor of Michigan reversed her order of prohibiting the prescription of such.....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
2. problem is a lot of people canít wait another week or 2. unemployment is taking forever for these people as well
That is their own damn fault, sorry.

What were these people going to do if they lost their job because of some other reason?

You live your life without a net you might break something when you fall.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:11 PM 04-02-2020
This is what I don't get about Cuomo and the Governor's in Nevada and Michigan. You're a patient on a ventilator with this shit and the doctors are telling you that you that they have done all they can and you are going to die. You ask about HCQ and then you get told "we can't give it to you because we don't know if it's safe". WTF?
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:11 PM 04-02-2020
I'm here in NYC and I'm doing my part by self-isolating as I don't want to be infected, trying to be there for my buddy who's battling this virus for over ten days and hoping that people are finally getting it.......then this happens.

What the fuck? Literally, what the fuck?

https://abc7ny.com/5230682/

SEE IT: Dozens of mourners in masks crowded a Brooklyn street for a funeral.

They flouted NYC's orders to maintain social distancing as the coronavirus pandemic worsens.https://t.co/AfyaZbHW87

— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) April 2, 2020

[Reply]
Kiimosabi 02:11 PM 04-02-2020
What about all the health benefits that are tied to employment? It's almost like universal healthcare would be tremendously helpful for all the people suddenly without jobs.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:12 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That is their own damn fault, sorry.

What were these people going to do if they lost their job because of some other reason?

You live your life without a net you might break something when you fall.
Sorry, you're wrong. Normally if a person loses their job they can get out and look for a new one. They can't do that right now for obvious reasons.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
That's only for direct deposit. Checks mailed out are looking at 20 weeks.
Get with the times, or get left behind.

It's really quite that simple.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:12 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This is what I don't get about Cuomo and the Governor's in Nevada and Michigan. You're a patient on a ventilator with this shit and the doctors are telling you that you that they have done all they can and you are going to die. You ask about HCQ and then you get told "we can't give it to you because we don't know if it's safe". WTF?
That's not how it works.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:12 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That is their own damn fault, sorry.

What were these people going to do if they lost their job because of some other reason?

You live your life without a net you might break something when you fall.
You are talking about like 50% of America, rising cost of living without the wages matching that has made a huge portion of our population paycheck to paycheck people.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:13 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Sorry, you're wrong. Normally if a person loses their job they can get out and look for a new one. They can't do that right now for obvious reasons.
So they can survive on the money they would have had saved while looking for a job.

Problem solved.

If you didn't have any money saved to live on while looking for another job, again, your own damn fault.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 02:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That is their own damn fault, sorry.

What were these people going to do if they lost their job because of some other reason?

You live your life without a net you might break something when you fall.
lol you sound like a prick. if they lost their job for another reason they could go out and get another job. guess what....places are closing down and not hiring. the world needs ditch diggers too, not everyone can have a nice little nest egg like you.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 02:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Get with the times, or get left behind.

It's really quite that simple.
Clearly people with no employment and confined to their house need to bootstrap themselves into paying rent or go back in time and set aside a pandemic nestegg
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You are talking about like 50% of America, rising cost of living without the wages matching that has made a huge portion of our population paycheck to paycheck people.
I straight up don't believe 50% of America can't make rent/mortgage if they lose their job in a given month.

Don't believe it.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So they can survive on the money they would have had saved while looking for a job.

Problem solved.

If you didn't have any money saved to live on while looking for another job, again, your own damn fault.
They'd also get unemployment which right now is looking to be delayed.
[Reply]
Page 1038 of 2981
« First < 38538938988102810341035103610371038 103910401041104210481088113815382038 > Last »
Up